Last time here... Any April babies coming this spring?

My GD test was today! I felt like I was going to die. :haha: I remember last time it made me really sleepy and dizzy too. Hopefully I pass and it'll be all over with :)

Sweet tart I hope you passed!! I had mine last week and I went on a two day no carb diet because I really didn't want to have to take the 3 hour unless I needed to. It's the worst!! But i passed with flying colors! Then immediately ate cake :haha:

Im actually not doing the GD test. O: My midwife doesnt feel it's very accurate. She says you typically get a different result every time you take it. So, she doesn't recommend it to her clients. But, she does test my urine for glucose every time I see her (which is every 2 weeks now that Im in my 3rd trimester) so if I had GD, I would be leaking glucose into my urine, but I'm not.

Hi ladies, I'm due my third and finally baby on the 19th. Really hoping it's a boy but deep down I know it's a third girl which will fit into the house better :p
Really hoping I don't go into labour on my DD as my OH is at Uni and its his final piece presentation that week. Talk about great timing.

I'm classed as high risk due to the bad delivery I had last time and I'm petrified this one is going to be as big as my last ( 8lb 9oz) or bigger. I'm small framed so can't deliver bigger babies as well. My first was only 6lb 3oz so it was a big jump when the second was measuring behind also.
I'm measuring on target which is worrying me but I've got a 4d scan booked for Sunday so might get a bit of info then.

I think it's just dawned on me that there isn't that long left... really got lots to fit in and sort before April. DD2 is still in nappies and as much as she will use the loo, she's not trained enough yet and I did ideally want her to be about ready to be out of nappies come April. :( We need bunk beds for their room and we haven't even got them ordered yet.. It just feels like everything is slowly engulfing me and there is no easy way out lol.

God I'm rambling... Sorry lol!

I've got my GD test tomorrow too! I guess that's what happens when we're all due at the same time.

Our nursery used to be the guest room, so before we could start prepping it we had to move all that furniture and set it up elsewhere... which meant priming and painting another room first. :wacko: We finished that, and then painted the nursery and I LOVE it. we hung up the shades yesterday, and we're off to Ikea this weekend to get the dresser that we'll also be using as a changing area and all the little storage goodies that we'll need. My OH's uncle built our crib, and we're going to pick it up next weekend. After that, I'll feel 100% better about things as we'll just need to sort and clean and decorate.

Godd luck all you ladies with your GD tests, I did the 2 hour one this time around past the first hour, failed the last!! Which has been fine, I am living a very healthy lifestyle which I hope continues after, but I told my husband that we can not forget to pack he following for the hospital: 2 boxes of my favorite girl scout cookies, a box of milk chocholate sponge candy, a liter of pepsi and he must order me a chicken finger sub one day for lunch!

I did pass with flying colors! I felt so icky yesterday though. It affected me all day! e.e

-----------------------------------------

Bee, that's really lucky for you! It's not a particularly pleasant test.

-----------------------------------------------------

Welcome linz85! I am sorry that you feel so overwhelmed. D: Everything should sort itself out as long as you breathe :hugs: :) I keep switching back and forth between being ready and not ready. Depends on my mood :haha: I do know that I am 100% comfortable with her coming at 37 weeks though. I want to be able to sit/walk/eat/stand/sleep without feeling cramped and limited. :rofl:

-----------------------------------------

We got our dresser from ikea too! The same model that's in our son's room. :)

---------------------------------------------

That's hilarious Hopeful :rofl:
I have similar demands of the husband.
Especially a lot of the angel food cake I had last time :haha:

Passed my GD test today too! Whoop! I am currently drinking a soda to celebrate! Lol

Im actually not doing the GD test. O: My midwife doesnt feel it's very accurate. She says you typically get a different result every time you take it. So, she doesn't recommend it to her clients. But, she does test my urine for glucose every time I see her (which is every 2 weeks now that Im in my 3rd trimester) so if I had GD, I would be leaking glucose into my urine, but I'm not.

I'm a little surprised you were told that assuming you mean the 2 hour test. But I do agree that the 1 hour tests are are pointless and do seem to be from observations to be the most inaccurate (not done here at all). But just so you know you can have GD and not have anything detected in urine samples. That was my experience in my last pregnancy. The GTT not commonly done here in the UK unless you meet certain criteria.. I met none of them and had a rush test done after I measured large at 32 weeks, and found too much fluid after a growth scan. Even after my GD was confirmed none of my samples showed otherwise. It may or may not have been down to mine having only being in the lower end of what was classed as GD though.

Congrats to everyone that passed their GTT, especially for anyone else that had GD previously. Either way it's a great result. Admittedly even after passing I'm still not having as much carbs and sugar as I would out of pregnancy out of pure habit as I knew I had high chance of having it again. Did treat myself to a Snickers bar earlier :haha:

A good treat is well deserved! :)

I was a lot more into sugar in first tri and early second tri. Now I am living off of cereal and fruit and eggs. '>.< I often don't have much room in my tummy! My torso isn't particularly long and I feel cramped already. I do look forward to my son's party in February though for a good piece of cake <3

I'm a little surprised you were told that assuming you mean the 2 hour test. But I do agree that the 1 hour tests are are pointless and do seem to be from observations to be the most inaccurate (not done here at all). But just so you know you can have GD and not have anything detected in urine samples. That was my experience in my last pregnancy. The GTT not commonly done here in the UK unless you meet certain criteria.. I met none of them and had a rush test done after I measured large at 32 weeks, and found too much fluid after a growth scan. Even after my GD was confirmed none of my samples showed otherwise. It may or may not have been down to mine having only being in the lower end of what was classed as GD though.

Yeah, I don't know she just doesn't recommend it! O: She must not ever have issues with it with her clients either or I would think she'd be making us all do them. Either way, she also assesses my general health and diet as well.

Do all you ladies have a GTT as a routine thing? I have not even been offered one.

Nearing 31 weeks here and hips in agony in bed now. Luckily I've got a shiny new awesome mattress being delivered in 10 days time, it's even got different spring tensions on each side as husband and I couldn't agree!

Just finished up my test too, and waiting on results. I also had to have an Rh shot, which was IN THE BUTT. I have never had to have a shot there before. :blush:

Redhead: Yes, I believe we all do have the GTT as a routine matter here in the US at around 28 weeks. My doctor explained to me today that if I fail it, I go from a 1 in 40 chance of having GD to a 1 in 4, and then I'd have to do a longer 3 hour GTT where you sit in the lab after fasting and you drink the sugary drinks over time and get blood drawn a few times. Which is why so many of us are hoping to pass the first test where we only drink one drink and have one blood draw.

Cograts to al those who passed, please do mea favor an have a cupcake, candy bar, pop and something fried for me!!!

Going to pick out the paint color for the baby's room tomorrow and my husband took off work to get it done Mon-Tues!! I will feel better once the crib and stuff are in and ready.

How much time is everyone taking for maternity?

Cograts to al those who passed, please do mea favor an have a cupcake, candy bar, pop and something fried for me!!!

Going to pick out the paint color for the baby's room tomorrow and my husband took off work to get it done Mon-Tues!! I will feel better once the crib and stuff are in and ready.

How much time is everyone taking for maternity?

I currently work as a painting instructor at a hotel in Estes Park, CO which is in the mountains here and about a 30 min drive from me. Over the summer I was working front desk there but over the winter I went down to just painting so that I wouldn't have to drive in the snow a whole lot. My hubby wants me to continue with that after the baby is born so essentially he doesn't really want me to work. I would prefer to take 2-3 months off and then try to atleast find part time work but childcare is an issue especially since our families are over an hour away. I'm an artist and I can work from home, doing freelance but it's not steady money. We are fine on his income but I would prefer to bring in money too if I can.

So, I guess long story short is that I don't know lol.

Do all you ladies have a GTT as a routine thing? I have not even been offered one.

Nearing 31 weeks here and hips in agony in bed now. Luckily I've got a shiny new awesome mattress being delivered in 10 days time, it's even got different spring tensions on each side as husband and I couldn't agree!

If it's not been offered to you (would've been brought up at the booking appointment otherwise) then you likely didn't meet any the requirements. A BMI of over 30, previous births with weights over 9lbs, and family history of diabetes are the typical ones of having it. The fourth criteria is because you've had GD before, which is the reason I had it.

And that mattress sounds absolutely awesome. We got a replacement memory foam mattress when I was still in first trimester, as our old one had been remembering just a little bit too well. Total life savers in 3rd trimester :thumbup:

Just finished up my test too, and waiting on results. I also had to have an Rh shot, which was IN THE BUTT. I have never had to have a shot there before. :blush:

Had my Anti-D yesterday, in the arm. Only time I ever had it elsewhere was after DS was born, and had it either in the butt or my thigh. Can't really remember exactly where as I was still numb from c-section :haha:

Haha, I've had 3 anti-d shots (one miscarriage) and all in the butt. Feels so weird and old fashioned lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->