Last time here... Any April babies coming this spring?

I'm in the UK and don't think it's as common here? So nope won't be having one but they look so fun!

I really need to get organised! I've found a few new looking 0-3 months sleepsuits from my first that need washing and ironing. I don't even have a hospital bag yet, Moses basket and the bath set I've been planning on getting :dohh:

I'm I the only person who's really behind with everything?

I feel really behind too. Still need to get DS's room ready for him to finally be on his own, and then get him out of the cot and into his first big bed.

Need to dig out the car seat from the mass of unpacked stuff that lives in our garage, and hopefully find the newborn headrest for it which I know got put in there several months before the seat went in there. And got lots of clothes to wash, as well as the moses basket.

The little bits like the hospital bag I'm not too worried about, as I'm not going to take as much as I did the first time. Think I only used 1/4 of the stuff I had then. Do need to buy all the necessities for it though, pads, nappies, etc.

I think a friend or close family member would throw a sprinkle or diaper shower for a second or subsequent baby. But I wont be having one that I am aware of.
I will be having a shower at work, because they throw one for everyone regardless of what number of baby it is. But that will be 1-2 gifts and a couple gift cards. Its mostly just a reason to get together and have cake, which is ok with me!

I dont have a hospital bag packed, and wont feel the need to pack it until probably at least 36 weeks.
I pulled my infant seat out of storage and still need to take it apart, make sure it still looks good, and clean it up/wash the fabric.
I have a list of things that need to be purchased and am making small gains on crossing things off.

I feel like a few weeks ago I was going through an awesome nesting phase and getting so much stuff done and that's all been put on hold. Luckily I've done some tedious things that I wanted to get done such as dusting and going through our bookshelf in our livingroom (huge 8ft tall bookshelf that just collects junk), sorting through our newborn cloth diaper stash and weeding out the diapers I won't be using this time around and I cleaned out my son's fish tank (which only gets done maybe every 6 months to give the filter a nice fresh start lol).

I have so much stuff left to do and buy that I'm just getting stressed now.

I too feel a tad bit behind... We just painted the nursery and I will be having the carpets cleaned this weekend, then we can set up the crib and things...

I need to get out the infant car seat wash the padding and get the swing and bouncer put back together... 2 months to go and I really just want to go right to my due date...

I am having a small gathering with friends and close family nothing crazy I have all the big stuff, but could use some clothes and new bottles and things like that.

Hope everyone is feeling well!!

I just turned 36 and am due April 17 with baby #2, who we are told is a boy. Our daughter is turning five in May, so, there will be almost a five year difference between them. We are undecided on whether this will be our last. :)

Welcome Lynys!

--------------------------

Is anyone else feeling a little under the weather?
I have for the past two days and it's terrible timing.
Tomorrow we are going up North to celebrate the lunar new year with my husband's family and I was asked to make a few clothing items for his grandmother. Normally not a big deal but I am so exhausted! :(

No just tired from insomnia and a sick toddler. Enjoy the near year! I used to live in Taiwan and I miss the celebration and delicious food. Now we live in rural new England so there's definitely no celebration here...

Hope you feel better soon. Can't believe our little babies are getting close to the 3lb mark! It's getting close and seeing how much yall have done makes me think I should get moving!

DH has taken a couple days off work this weekend so we can get the nursery finished. Just some wall art and pictures to put up, door and drawer handles to finish off the furniture and then put thing everything away. Will be glad to see it finished.

Time seems to be flying by now. Not long until in single figures for weeks remaining. Even closer for you ladies due at the beginning of April.

Very close for you early april ladies :)

Iv got alot if clothes now 0-3 ...
My sister got the baby bath
My mums got my moses basket and stand

The nursery however is a tip..its in spare room mode with excess toys of dds and suitcases lol..
Need to spend a weekend sorting it out for sure

Need to buy
Blankets
Johnsons bath time box
Cot mattress
Sheets moses basket
Sheets cot

Pay for pram in bits lol

I just turned 36 and am due April 17 with baby #2, who we are told is a boy. Our daughter is turning five in May, so, there will be almost a five year difference between them. We are undecided on whether this will be our last. :)

5 years sounds nice as she will truly be helpful. I know a family with a 5 yr difference & DD is in kindergarten while baby is young, giving the mum a break. Good starting point fr mummy!

Very close for you early april ladies :)

Iv got alot if clothes now 0-3 ...
My sister got the baby bath
My mums got my moses basket and stand

The nursery however is a tip..its in spare room mode with excess toys of dds and suitcases lol..
Need to spend a weekend sorting it out for sure

Need to buy
Blankets
Johnsons bath time box
Cot mattress
Sheets moses basket
Sheets cot

Pay for pram in bits lol

Yep starting to feel it a bit! Went out for dinner last night with hubby and was in so much pain after sitting for an hour and a half I was almost doubled over walking to the car!

We've got most stuff now, just need a bath seat, a moses basket and a poddle pod. Other than that we're all good. Bought plenty of nappies etc this week at the baby events.

I got out all of the baby clothes we still had from our son, all neutral as we didn't know if he was a boy or a girl, and I swear he didn't even wear some of them we were given so much!

I'm getting fed up already, want it all done. No more for us after this, I've got to see a surgeon 6 weeks after to repair nasty hernias that are causing me a lot of discomfort now.

I'm due April 6th with my first, a little girl.

pretty terrified!

Welcome Tuddles! How lucky to be due in early April!

----------------------------------
My "mini vacation" this weekend for New Years was rough.
The hotel bed was big enough but so stiff compared to my nice memory foam mattress. My body hurts everywhere. Still sick and now both my husband and toddler are sick!!! Tyler did however enjoy the celebrations so it was partially worth it. Now we all just need to escape the sniffles, coughing and general yuckiness.

On a side note- anyone else getting major pain in the front of your pelvis? Mine feels like it's separating and I don't remember that happening until I was practically due with Tyler last time. I plan on mentioning it to my doctor on Tuesday just in case. I seriously dislike bringing up issues at appointments though. I feel like I am socially awkward enough that it will come out as, "My vagina really hurts, normal or not?" :haha:

Sounds like spd sweettart, I've been suffering with it for a while (and did with my first too). It's horrid :hugs:

It must be :( Makes me dread the idea of her taking the full 40 to get here. If I still have ten weeks of this, That sucks butt. 7 weeks sounds so much more inviting :haha: I tend to be unlucky though. e.e

Welcome new ladies!! April babies are amazing!! I might be a little bias!!

I don't sleep well at all and actaually find the couch more comfortable and cool than our bed. 31 weeks and I feel like I am 52 weeks. Her movements are low and hard and some nights wakes me up. Room is painted, carpets are cleaned and we can move in furniture this week. I am so tired it seems that it makes me feel bad to try and keep up with my 2 year old, she is so full of life and I am blah. I don't want her to have set backs when the baby comes.

I had 2 friends have thier babies 5 and 6 weeks early, I am terrified of that happening. I am sort of OCD and am a planner so I like dates and time frmes lol!!!

I noticed people were talking about packing the infamous hospital bag.... What do you ladies consider the real essentials????

At the start of the year, I started having the spd pain. It is awful. I noticed however that if I move more, it goes away completely, so that's what I've been doing. More walking around and not sitting for as long... It's getting me more exercise, so I guess that is a bonus.

Today my doctor checked me and my spd is affecting my cervix. She wants me to keep from rough activities for a bit just in case. All I can think though is maybe I really can get this baby here at 37 weeks. :rofl:

Hospital essentials for me will be toiletries for a shower:
Facewash, Shampoo, body wash, hair brush etc.
Phone charger, book and/or tablet
Several changes of clothing for baby and I just in case we are in for a couple days again.

Everything else I could possibly need (even diapers) were provided for me so I'm not too concerned really.

Awww sweettart sorry to hear about ur spd...
Im certain i have it and its causing me alot of discomfort in my pelvis .i feel ur pain

Least ur doc as checked u over tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->