Last time here... Any April babies coming this spring?

Yay passed my GD test, iron levels low though. Had my 28 week scan today and they reckon bump is weighing just under 3 lbs. so altogether not a bad day for results, just need to keep working on the iron levels.

Yay passed my GD test, iron levels low though. Had my 28 week scan today and they reckon bump is weighing just under 3 lbs. so altogether not a bad day for results, just need to keep working on the iron levels.

I'm not sure if it pertains to you or not but I've heard that spinach can mess with iron absorption, so def cut back on spinach if you've been having a ton

I thought spinach was a good source of iron?
My iron levels were low too and it made me so happy that they were not super low as I've been bad about supplements!! When my midwife told me my number, I said, "wow really?" "Yes I'm afraid so." "That's GREAT!!!" :haha: not the response she was looking for. Just gotta keep up the fiber now that I'll be taking extra iron. Anyone else get terribly blocked up while taking them??

Really blocked up and have piles as a result despite my diet it the day being mainly fruit. I haven't had much spinach at all. I've been told calcium can have an affect though.

I haven't heard anything back from my gtt so I'm guessing no news is good news.

30 weeks today! So happy to have come this far and very excited that there's really not long to go at all! I'm really unprepared though so need to start getting things sorted!

Hope everyone else is good x

really feel like this pregnancy has flown by. 30 weeks today!

our co-sleeper bassinet comes tomorrow, and i already purchased the swing, breastfeeding pillow, baby tub and swaddles. he has enough clothes from his big brother, and all we need is the double stroller. eep. feels so real now!!

our co-sleeper bassinet comes tomorrow, and i already purchased the swing, breastfeeding pillow, baby tub and swaddles. he has enough clothes from his big brother, and all we need is the double stroller. eep. feels so real now!!

The BF and I were walking around Babies R' Us yesterday and we were talking about the crib that we wanted while standing in front of it. I pantomimed putting a baby down into it and it just hit me all of a sudden. We're having a baby! It tends to hit me in small, weird ways all the time, but oddly enough it's never the kicking.

And we're waiting to buy everything until after the shower, just so we know what to get. I keep going on the registry to see what's been bought already haha. I try so hard not to, but I can't help it! It's just exciting!

Had my Anti-D yesterday, in the arm. Only time I ever had it elsewhere was after DS was born, and had it either in the butt or my thigh. Can't really remember exactly where as I was still numb from c-section :haha:

Yeah, the nurse told me I'd have another one then too, and that I wouldn't even remember it. :thumbup: Honestly, I hardly even felt anything THIS time, which my DH said is amazing because the needle is apparently enormous (he watched). I told him it's NOT surprising since I've built up some good padding in the area! :haha: Next appointment I need the Tdap shot, and since there's a tetanus element I'm thinking THAT needle is also big? Maybe I'll ask for that one in the butt too!

The BF and I were walking around Babies R' Us yesterday and we were talking about the crib that we wanted while standing in front of it. I pantomimed putting a baby down into it and it just hit me all of a sudden. We're having a baby! It tends to hit me in small, weird ways all the time, but oddly enough it's never the kicking.

And we're waiting to buy everything until after the shower, just so we know what to get. I keep going on the registry to see what's been bought already haha. I try so hard not to, but I can't help it! It's just exciting!

OMG, I'm doing the same thing!! My DH's uncle built our crib for us (which is amazing and thoughtful), and we are going to pick it up next weekend from his house... 10 hours away! Most of the family from both DH's mother and father still live there, and based on all the registry emails I've been getting this week ("someone has reserved a gift on your list!!") I'm thinking they're planning a mini shower while we're there? It's been really difficult to not peek! And for some reason, OTHER people buying things for our baby makes it all seem so real now to me.

I have found quite a few patterns for onesies, dresses and other clothing things to distract me. :) I bought fabric yesterday and I am excited to start <3

Other than that, the pain in my pelvis is definitely getting worse. I also can't sit in certain positions for long so I have started sitting on my labor ball. It feels sooo much better. The only problem is that my son thinks it's a new toy and wants to be on it too! :rofl:

Really blocked up and have piles as a result despite my diet it the day being mainly fruit. I haven't had much spinach at all. I've been told calcium can have an affect though.

I'm taking liquid iron (floravit or floradix) & its great. Nasty flavour, but no constipation or nauseousness. Remember to take iron rich food or supplements with a batch of Vitamin C, but never with dairy products or calcium rich foods.

I found his perfect coming home outfit there. I'm registered there to and I'm starting to get packages from people who aren't coming to my shower next week. I have bought or already have had so much that my shower is really for the small stuff and for visiting. My mom just brought over all of his crib bedding she made and my husband is ready to stain the bassinet he made. It's getting so real and so exciting.

I'm due 22/4 and I too feel it's coming round so quick !

Can't believe within 12 weeks it's going to be all over and he will be in my arms

Xx

So my husband got me a beautiful present! A new sewing machine that also does embroidery!!!! He is so thoughtful. <3 I have wanted one for ages as I usually embroider by hand and my sewing machine is old. Completely over the moon! It gets here tomorrow. :)

I have been whining a lot and he wanted to cheer me up. Definitely accomplished that!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Aww That's lovely!!! I hope you'll post some sewing projects once it arrives

Sure! I posted quite a few back in 2nd tri. A few weeks ago.
Mostly dresses and clothing to do now. Planning on one more blanket too!

Today my son has been playing with his very first stuffed animal (a little panda) and it made me tear up. He is getting so big! He will turn 2 on the 22nd of February and it's such a shock. I have been joking that baby Jazzy will comfort me while he grows into a big boy. :haha:

Question is anyone having a "sprinkle" or small shower for their 2nd or more babies? I am not familiarwith the protocol??

Who typically throws it and puts it together?

I'm in the UK and don't think it's as common here? So nope won't be having one but they look so fun!

I really need to get organised! I've found a few new looking 0-3 months sleepsuits from my first that need washing and ironing. I don't even have a hospital bag yet, Moses basket and the bath set I've been planning on getting :dohh:

I'm I the only person who's really behind with everything?

Some neighbor friends want to throw a little "sprinkle" for me, but I think it will be rather small and I have a feeling it will be just diapers and little things. I'm not expecting anything - we have almost everything we need for another boy.

I was really behind everything until last week - my husband got his annual bonus at work, and so I bought the baby's co-sleeper bassinet, a swing (our old one died), a new breastfeeding pillow and some new swaddles. All I need is the double stroller now, and little things like pacifiers and little clothes for fun :)

It's not a common thing in the UK. My sister and friend mentioned throwing one for me when they first found out I was pregnant but I don't think it's happening. Life seems to be getting in the way :haha:.

We're pretty organised. Well.. I am. For some reason I feel like she could come at any time and I'd be quite surprised if I went over due (although I did with my first). Just an instinct so I've wanted/needed to have anything in order. I'm pretty much ready. Just need to buy a few more things for hospital bags and put the snuzpod together.

I'm feeling so huge right now! xx

We are having one. My mother and best friend are organizing it.
Guests have been informed that gifts are not necessary but diapers, wipes and pink things are appreciated. :)

It will be pretty calm and easy going. Mostly an opportunity to get together before I am helplessly tired, grumpy and not in the mood for people :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->