Late July / Early August Summer Bundles

Oh man I'm hoping I get the pop soon. Nearly 10 weeks & jeans still fit fine. I do have a theory though I have quite a long torso & wide hips sz 8 on top & 10 on bottom but I'm wide in my bum hip area. So I think my uterus & baby has plenty of space to lay flat horizontally & vertically. It's prob a silly theory but I think body shape plays a part.
Hope everyone is feeling well. Kids back to school this week & hubby back to work kinda looking forward to some alone time.

That's a good, logically theory actually:thumbup:
I actually have a short torso but long lims haha. With my first pregnancy i was in agony with what felt like glass stabbing in my ribs/lungs and i was told that due to my "short torso" (which i wasn't aware of haha) the baby had less space and his feet were digging in more. I used to hold ice on his feet to get him to move for a few mins of relief it was agony. Wasn't quite as bad with the second as i was smaller.

Xx

Jac, that's so weird because surely that's only something you can find out when you're in labour. So, predictions can be made based on... what I don't
Know since your pelvis opens during labour. .. but their just that, a guess and most of the time are completely off. How does he know what your body can and cannot do in labour, I'm sorry he's put the fear of God in you. It's so stupid if you ask me, we're powerful women I hate how the doctors make giving birth so medicalised like we never gave birth for millions of years. Women need to feel empowered and confidet about labour and birthing, not scaremongered into second guessing their capabilities. Are you in the US

I thought it was odd too. This is my first though and to be honest, none of my friends have been pregnant so I don't know to much. Learning as I go I guess :) He didn't stay on the subject he just mentioned it right after one of the "exams" he did. I am in the US. I guess it scared me a little more because a lady I know, not close to, but she just has a 9.2 baby. :wacko:

Our bodies are amazing & normally we get what we can cope with. However I have a teeny tiny friend with a huge hubby. She had a 9.5lb & they said if she decided on more they would prob induce early because she really struggled to deliver him & had a horrible tear. However my SIL had 10lb 3 bubs (yep you heard me right) & they didn't say much to her because she managed fine. It's very individual I think. But a strange thing to say when he has no idea of what your bub will be like or how you will be pushing. I think position in pushing stage of labour is important as well. I think he prob shouldn't have mentioned it because everyone is different including our babies. You'll be grand & like I say most of the time we get what our bodies can deal with & us women can deal with a lot. X

Our bodies are amazing & normally we get what we can cope with. However I have a teeny tiny friend with a huge hubby. She had a 9.5lb & they said if she decided on more they would prob induce early because she really struggled to deliver him & had a horrible tear. However my SIL had 10lb 3 bubs (yep you heard me right) & they didn't say much to her because she managed fine. It's very individual I think. But a strange thing to say when he has no idea of what your bub will be like or how you will be pushing. I think position in pushing stage of labour is important as well. I think he prob shouldn't have mentioned it because everyone is different including our babies. You'll be grand & like I say most of the time we get what our bodies can deal with & us women can deal with a lot. X

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I'm only 10 weeks (tomorrow) so I thought it was a little early to determine that. He said the average is 7-8 though so I should be fine. Big babies don't run in the family so hopefully I'll keep that streak ;) It would be nice if my baby took after me and was only 5.2! :haha:

I go to my first baby appointment this Thursday bright n early! I get to see our little one and getting anxious so excited wish it was today lol

Hi! How is everyone doing? I am in a great mood today :) feel a little less sick. Meggy, only 2 days to wait, let us know how it goes :)
xx

Hey! Yeah I feel good today luckily I've been OK in the ms dept but I've seriously been lacking in the energy depth but today I managed to clear out my cupboard under the stairs!! Get me. & I found my baby monitors. Aaahh. It's prob the only baby item I kept. Silly me.

Oh meggy I'm jealous I've got 2 weeks til scan. Let us know how it goes & good luck x

Hi! How is everyone doing? I am in a great mood today :) feel a little less sick. Meggy, only 2 days to wait, let us know how it goes :)
xx

Doing wonderful! Only thing I'm trying to deal with is fatigue and extremely sore breasts. :winkwink: I did break down and get a blended coffee drink today, I've been doing really good with caffeine (I was definitely addicted to coffee before). It's been about 2 weeks since I've had one so figured I could spoil myself ;) hehe

Hope everyone else is doing good! I love reading this thread, it's so encouraging to hear about other ladies going through the same stage in life!

Aww I love sharing the experiences too:hugs:
Fatigue is my downfall too, still having 4-5 hours of broken sleep thanks to my 10 month old. My husband helps in the night but i have to wake him as he is a heavy sleeper. He does let me have a lay in at weekends though so I can't wait for that!
My booking app is friday and i have a list of questions haha.
Xxx

Im so nervous about my scan on tuesday. At the minute im living in a bubble where babies happy and growing as they should be. Tuesday could easily pop that bubble. Im not sure if im ready

My sickness has nearly gone. Its not everyday now but its still comes and goes. Boobs are killing me. My belly is huge. Still have food cravings/ aversions

But i cant shake off the feeling that somethings wrong

I can completely relate to this, and I think it is normal to have anxiety about the scan. With my last pregnancy I had a complete melt down a week before the scan, bursting into tears as I was sure something was wrong. Try to stay as busy and distracted as you can and hopefully it will come round quick:hugs:xx

Im working everyday barring sunday so deffo busy. Hoping the week passes quickly but slowly at the same time :haha:

Aww I love sharing the experiences too:hugs:
Fatigue is my downfall too, still having 4-5 hours of broken sleep thanks to my 10 month old. My husband helps in the night but i have to wake him as he is a heavy sleeper. He does let me have a lay in at weekends though so I can't wait for that!
My booking app is friday and i have a list of questions haha.
Xxx

So sorry to hear you can't get much sleep, praying it gets better for you! :hugs: Yay for weekends! I'm finally getting 8-9 hours of sleep a night and I still don't feel any different than the 6 hours I was getting lol Such a fun time but trying to enjoy every minute! :)

Tankins, looking forward to hearing how your scan goes! Hoping all will be well for you! :)

I was actually just going to ask on here for someone's advice about feeling like something is wrong. Yesterday and this morning I've had some weird pains and I'm thinking about calling the doctor. Something just feels weird and it scares me. Hope it's all in my head. :(

Jac-what are the pains like? I get odd, sometimes sharp pains and sometimes pulling pains. All of which i know are normal in pg with the stretching etc. Also sometimes i get ovary thpe pains and wind/ins pains. Is it like any of those hun? Xxx

Oh and tomorrow is my booking appointment which i am happy about :) got a lot of questions for the midwife, mainly about the birth as i think they will recommend a planned section xx

Jac-what are the pains like? I get odd, sometimes sharp pains and sometimes pulling pains. All of which i know are normal in pg with the stretching etc. Also sometimes i get ovary thpe pains and wind/ins pains. Is it like any of those hun? Xxx

They were sharp and dull pains in my stomach then a lot of added aches and pains, plus the last 2 days my fatigue has been worse than it's been. Also my chest felt heavy, with shortness of breath. I talked to my nurse and she acted like it was nothing to be concerned about. Still can't wait for my appointment on the 26th :/ Thanks! Glad to know the sharp/pulling pains are normal, that helps ease my mind a bit.

Yay for booking your appointment!! :) :happydance:

My staff keep buying me wine. I do appriciate it and obvs it will keep. But id kill for a glass right now

Update on the appointment I had today well went to my 8 week appointment and couldn't go cuz my health insurance is messed up cuz of the new year and I'm covered but with no ID number for them to bill my insurance yet I am so disappointed so I have to wait like 5 days until I get my new card in the mail and made an appointment for next Friday so it will be my 9 week appointment �� so pissed instead of giving them $160 for an office visit I know I would get that money back from my insurance but I heard it took forever so I'll just wait and spend that $160 on the baby ☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->