Lazy eye in pictures only?

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
In pictures I notice my 6 months olds left eye looks closer to his nose then the right eye. I don't notice it in person really. Could this be a lazy eye? Like I said so far I only notice in pictures. I hope it's just the way he is looking .

Is it any and every photo? It could just be the angle. Some babies (especially those with Asian heritage - I don't know if this applies to yours) can have quite a broad, flat bridge of the nose and pronounced folds (epicanthal folds) of skin in the corners of their eyes, producing an effect known as pseudostrabismus - in other words, one eye (or both) appears to be 'wandering', when in actual fact they are fine. As a photo is just a split second snapshot, it's possible that you're capturing moments where the white of his eye becomes reduced by an epicanthal fold.

Also, have a look at where the light reflects off his eyes in the photos. There should be a small white spot of light in the same place in each eye. It's called the Hirschberg test - if you put it into Google images it might be easier to understand. If you notice that the spots are in different places, that could well mean his eyes are misaligned.

It is better to check his eyes. I have had myopia and I inherited it from my mom. I have had it since birth in my right eye. It was left unnoticed and even I didn’t face any difficulty since I was fully depending on my left eye. When I was around 10 years old I had difficulty in reading something which is far away. My mom took me to an optometrist and I was diagnosed with myopia in both eyes. He said that my right eye has become lazy and even if I wore a spectacle it cannot regain full vision. The lazy eye should be treated before 7 years. Later when I was around 21 years, I had undergone a LASIK surgery procedure in Abbotsford. My left eye’s vision was regained but my right eye couldn’t be corrected since it has become lazy. I am pregnant now. I am worried whether my baby would inherit it from me. It is better to have a routine eye checkup up for your kid to avoid such circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->