Learning to drive and new drivers!

I have my first driving lesson in 4 years in 25 mins! I'm soooo nervous! I drive all the time with my husband and mum but i'm so scared of all my bad habits! Wish me luck x

ARGHHH i just had a really bad lesson :(
I got home and just started crying. i felt like i was doing really well after my last one but today was awful. My instructer said im not bad at all and she thinks im letting my anxiety issues get in the way. I panic wayyyyy too much. I frown my whole lesson, and sigh and tut at every little thing I do wrong. Roundabouts terrify me!
:cry: I feel like Im never gonna get it :( xx

Aw I panic too, you are not alone, it has been getting better since I have been out driving with just my husband really helping :)

Ladies I am MORTIFIED!

I gagged on a mouthful of water in my instructors car and promptly spat it across the dashboard, seat and my leg. I've never been so embaressed. I told her I choked on it but OMG I feel terrible. :cry:

I passed my theory!!! woooo! got 50 out of 50 on questions and 66 out of 75 on hazard perception!!! :) sooo happy xx

ARGHHH i just had a really bad lesson :(
I got home and just started crying. i felt like i was doing really well after my last one but today was awful. My instructer said im not bad at all and she thinks im letting my anxiety issues get in the way. I panic wayyyyy too much. I frown my whole lesson, and sigh and tut at every little thing I do wrong. Roundabouts terrify me!
:cry: I feel like Im never gonna get it :( xx

That sounds totally like me hun dont fret over it though im certain that one day it will click!!!
question for you! where im learning to drive its so hilly and im constantly fucking my gears up because of it grrrrrrrrrrr! anyway! say im driving up a road that is uphill and there is a filter lane for a right hand turn so i go in it and i can see i only have to wait whilst 2 cars pass me so its not long enough to need to put the hand brake on, how do i set back off from stopping? Coz i know i will obv be waiting with my foot brake and clutch down so do i just have to be fast and take foot brake off and press gas or will i have to use my hand brake? Sorry if that confused anyone!! x

I have my first lesson next week. I am bricking it :(

I suffer with anxiety and I am making it worse than it already needs to be already. Its because I need to pass so much due to my sons disibilitys and I want to get him in a new school but its to far and I dont qualify for transport. I need this so much but so nervous xxx

Shampain, you dont need to use your hand break no. Just make sure you keep your clutch and foot break down firmly while you're stopped. Then when those two cars have passed make sure you find the bite before taking your foot off the brake. I think you need to go quite high on the bite though just to make sure you dont roll backwards.. and just make sure you feel the "pull" forward on the car before taking your foot off the brake. Does that help??? xx

Midnight Fairy - good luck hun dont worry too much you will be fine! If i can do it you can do it :hugs: xx

i failed my driving test on Monday :( only 5 minors but missed a national speed limit sign and only done 30mph and should have done 60mph, booked it again, so hope its 2nd time lucky.

Sorry to hear that Miss d but at least you know it was something simple! you are bound to pass next time! xxx

I got glasses now so I can actually see road signs :rofl:
I still dont feel like im getting very far with my lessons. I have no confidence! x

Hi everyone, I had my 6th lesson today and it was a ropey start (clipped 2 curbs and stalled just about to go up a hill) LOL but the 2nd hour was brilliant and really pleased with myself.

Just a question though- my legs are short (im 5ft) and even with the seat pushed right up, I still feel like I strain pushing the clutch right down? x

Hey ladies :wave:

I am still learning, the test has been moved for the third time, so will be doing it on the 1st Feb, it's nearly taken me a year urgh!!

Dont worry Damita, just think it doesnt matter how long it takes you the end result is still the same! x
Midnight glad your lesson picked up!
Ive got my lesson tonight, just an hour as OH is between jobs at the mo! x

:hi: Hi ladies - do you mind if I join you please? My main focus this year to is pass my driving test. My OH drives and is very good at taking me whereever I want to go, but I feel I need to be able to drive for a bit of independence. I have in the past had my own wee car and my OH has tried to teach me, was doing really well until some idiot came up behind me one night flashing his lights and beeping the horn, I ended up taking a turn into a hotel at 45mph and nearly crashed into a wall:cry: But I am more focused this time and will not let any A-holes annoy me! I'm planning to learn in an automatic too xx

Welcome to the group :)

Aww sorry to hear about the crash :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->