Learning to drive and new drivers!

Ive had 38 hours and it still doesnt all come naturally! :rofl: I feel im constantly thinking through what i need to do before coming to a junction etc it doesnt 'just happen' naturally like it should do

Think im just worried cuz after these last hours ill have done 48 hrs and that seems like soo many considering im pretty behind.

We've hardly done roundabouts, never done bay parking yet. I struggle so much on country roads, i seem to have a huge fear of cars coming towards me on such a narrow road i panick everytime.. and its one of the test routes so i need to get over it! lol

Test in 5 weeks!!! :shock: Im actually gutted they've taken out having to do 2 manoeuvres now we only have to do one and then that 10 mins of 'independent driving' Id much rather do all the manoeuvres i dont have a problem with them! lol Except turn in the road im not keen on that one :dohh:

I have just had the worst lesson! Ive never come back and cried before, i just want to give up. I was doing ok did 2 good maneouvers then it just all went wrong :cry:

I forgot to change down a gear going round a sharp bend and as i got round it was a huge steep hill so car obviously couldnt get up it in 3rd id slowed too much, car stalled.. loads of ppl behind me, tried again stalled and then i was panicking by then cuz they all started to go around me.. i stalled again and burst into tears she had to help me set back off again id got myself in a right state crying. Then all way home just stupid little mistakes i dont usually make.. topping it off by turning into my street going into second gear my hand slipped and i hit my instructor in her leg :rofl: We ended the lesson an hour early and right now i dont feel like i want to go to my next one on monday :cry:

Now im sat crying as if ive just caused some kind of bloody accident! Ive just handed over a cheque for £200 to book my final 10 hours before my test and now im wondering if i should have even bothered! :(

:hugs::hugs: ive had so many lessons like that babe i really have and i can only sympathise and say your lesson on monday WILL be better and its soooooooooooo gonnna be worth it x

Anababe where in Lancs do you live? Yous sound exactly like how i was with my instructor. He taught me bay parking near the end xx

It's taken me a lot longer than an average person for things to start becoming automatic rather than a thought out process and I still stall a couple of times a lesson. For some reason I can do uphill & downhill junctions but put me on a flat road and it falls apart. :haha: Sheffield is built on 7 hills so flats are a rareity, usually if your not going up your coming down.

The thing that has amazed me is how totally unfreaked out I am on roundabouts and the parkway (dual carriageways), these are the things that, pre-driving, terrified me.

Urgh roundabouts scare me, I had another mistake yesterday, arugh it is just too hard!

It's taken me a lot longer than an average person for things to start becoming automatic rather than a thought out process and I still stall a couple of times a lesson. For some reason I can do uphill & downhill junctions but put me on a flat road and it falls apart. :haha: Sheffield is built on 7 hills so flats are a rareity, usually if your not going up your coming down.

The thing that has amazed me is how totally unfreaked out I am on roundabouts and the parkway (dual carriageways), these are the things that, pre-driving, terrified me.

Parkway scares the heck out of me!!!! :haha:

TBH I loved the opportunity to put my foot down. Instructor was telling me off for speeding once we left as 30 felt so slow by comparison! :blush:

TBH I loved the opportunity to put my foot down. Instructor was telling me off for speeding once we left as 30 felt so slow by comparison! :blush:

i am the exact same, he keeps telling me to watch my speed

Just had a driving lesson, ive to get my test book for 7 weeks time, he said if he thinks i can do it earlier ive to change it x

Good luck :) I've just postponed mine till 14th Dec :)

what the test? £60 plus one hour lesson as I have to use the teachers car so £70

mines is going to be £102, £62 for the test and £40 for the my instructors car, as i will have a 1 hr lesson before my test x

Im going to have to postpone my test. Im supposed to have it on 14th Oct but i only have 7 hours left that ive paid for and my instuctor thinks ill need another 10hours on top of that before im ready, im moving house in 3 weeks and i cant afford to book anymore lessons after ive done these so i wont be ready for my test.

Im gutted really even though i wouldnt pass first time, ive got my head around the idea of actually doing it now! but as long as i get it done this year ill be happy, or even before this baby is born will be good! That gives me plenty time to keep failing, im sure ill pass eventually :haha: My brother did on his 7th time!

Booking a test still seems so far away for me at the moment. I spent last lesson starting 3-point-turns which became 5-point-turns. In typical me style the one I did best was on a ridiculous gradient on a busy road and the one I totally fluffed was on a desrted one way street, perfectly flat road. :dohh:

More coming up on Friday.

urgh I do that too Sooz... you are not alone :)

Isn't it weird what we find easier / harder - turn in the road was the only one I was confident with, was so relieved it was on my test. Hate parking and as for left reverse UGH!

Going to do my pass plus once bubs will have a bottle, as I am just not confident with motorways etc, and DH can't help me as we seem to speak a different language in the car now :haha:

How's everyone getting on? Its all gone quiet in here! I had an ok lesson last night but I done some proper stupid mistakes and then had a go at my instructor!! Ive decided I hate hills they make me stall!!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->