Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

thanks! im thinking of getting a private scan. i dont think i can wait any longer

Mrskg: I'm loving your bump! So adorable. I highly doubt you'll look as big as a bus. :)

Ich: Zoela did the same thing on Tuesday... Sitting the exact same way. I hope the next 4 weeks fly by or you get the private scan. At my private scan they did more to get baby to cooperate. They allowed me to get up move around and roll over on bed side to side. It worked. :)

Sevilla: Can't wait for your update. I'm sure your cervix will be of perfection! :)

Well ladies I am here to report good news :) I had my final cervical check and at 29 weeks it is a long, healthy, unchanged, unfunelling 4 cm!!!! With DD I was put on bed rest before I hit this point in pregnancy.

I did absolutely nothing different this time around, so the fact that I had cervical issues for one pregnancy and not the next is a miracle in my eyes. I hope women out there that have had cervical issues can have hope that it doesn't mean every pregnancy is doomed... I am living proof!!! :cloud9:

(ICH, if yours is 4 cm right now, sounds like you are in good shape too!!!!!!!)

Hope everyone else is doing well :hugs:

Thats great news Sevilla!!! :thumbup:

My GP appointment got cancelled yesterday and they've now booked me in for next Wednesday! Grrr I hope they will still organise my 12 week scan on time! :shrug:

So happy about the wonderful long cervices! :thumbup: I sure hope mine has started effacing by now though! :p

Sorry about the legs crossed, lch. Munchkin was awkward when I had an emergency scan at 18 weeks and the doctor tried to check his crotch -- he was frank breech with his legs closed and we couldn't see anything. But the doctor didn't try for very long. We found out for sure 2 weeks later. I hope you can find out soon!

Hope everyone is feeling well today, I think I overdid it a little with furniture building yesterday and now my back and hips are very sore...DH got excited last night thinking it was the start of labor, but I don't think so. :haha: One more dresser to build, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

thanks ladies. i sure hope this doesnt happen at my 20 week scan lol!

sevilla so happy for you and it truly makes me feel so hopeful. seaweed omg!! 38 weeks!

Hey ladies. Google has actually seemed to be my friend this time around. I'm feeling a lot better about potential outcomes. I'm so irritated with what my OB had to say and also what he didn't say that I'm using my time on bedrest as a chance to find a new dr. :thumbup: half of the research I've done is all helpful info the dr could have given me. I'm looking to prevent further complications not looking to add more!! Anyways I'll step off the soap box now. :haha:

Bed rest with a 4 yr old is quite difficult especially when dh doesn't quite understand that bed rest doesn't mean I rest in between doing everything for everybody. :grr: ok maybe I wasn't done on the soapbox. :rofl:

Bed rest certainly sucks more with all family 1800 miles away.

Hows everybody else doing?

aww snow im sorry you are having a hard time hun.. you dont happen to live in jersey do you lol . hope you find a good doctor

i am officially freaking out ladies. I need to take p17 shots (progesterone) shots because it is really good for preventing PTL. Well - turns out they are going to cost me over 1500 dollars. =[ i cant afford it i dont even have a job.

i am officially freaking out ladies. I need to take p17 shots (progesterone) shots because it is really good for preventing PTL. Well - turns out they are going to cost me over 1500 dollars. =[ i cant afford it i dont even have a job.

There's got to be some other option? Do u have some sort of insurance? There's got to be a cheaper substitute? Good luck. :hugs:

that is with insurance lol! its 5000 per shot without it. how insane is that??

Sevilla: That is wonderful news! I'm so happy your cervix is of perfection. :)

S: 38 WEEKS! OMG 38 WEEKS! :happydance: Take it easy! :)

Snow: I couldn't imagine how awful bed rest would be. I'm happy that you are feeling better with outcomes. If you don't trust your Dr. or unhappy, I'd definitley look for a new one also. :hugs:

Ich: When you left your job... Did you have a medical insurance buy out? Where you could keep paying premiums and keep insurance for a certain amount of time? Also, Do you have medicaid where you live. If DH makes under allotted amount you could qualify for free medical services including labor and delivery. In Ohio you are allowed to make 200% of the poverty level. It will all work out. :hugs:

leinz i still have my insurance actually. if youve been laid off you can keep it for 12-18 months. this price is with the insurnace. but guess what ladies.. we called the patient assistance program and qualified!! i get the shots for free for the whole pregnancy

Ich- :happydance:

Leinz- thanks for messaging me back. :hugs:

I'll let y'all know how everything goes tomorrow. :hugs:

ICH - I was just about to type a different response and then I read the good news that you are getting it for free!!!! So amazing :happydance:

Snow - How long do you think you will be on bed rest for?? Until your next ultrasound to see how the baby is developing? Or potentially for the entire pregnancy?? Also, feel free to preach from your soap box anytime :winkwink:

Seaweed - Can't believe you are getting so close!! Does your doctor check you each week for signs of dilation of effacing? Maybe it's been too early for that yet. It was at about 38 weeks that my sister started googling ways to induce labor, haha. DTD :sex: did the trick and she had her baby the day before her due date!!!! Now her baby is 2 weeks old :baby:

Looking forward to appointments/scans/updates this week. Can you believe it is September already??? DD's 2nd birthday is next Saturday the 8th. I can't even believe how quickly time flies.....

Strict bed rest til my ultrasound Sept 19th then we have an appt on the 20th to discuss results with dr. It all depends on the next ultrasound really. She could have caught up and then I'll just need to take it easy and rest when I can or if she fails to grow much I'll have to be continued to be monitored and depending on how bad she is will determine how often I'm monitored and how soon they deliver me. It is extremely unlikely I will make it to term with her. :cry:

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that, Snow. It's great that it doesn't sound like they think it's too urgent, though, if your next u/s isn't until the 19th. Be very kind to yourself, I know bedrest can be hard.

Seaweed - Can't believe you are getting so close!! Does your doctor check you each week for signs of dilation of effacing? Maybe it's been too early for that yet. It was at about 38 weeks that my sister started googling ways to induce labor, haha. DTD :sex: did the trick and she had her baby the day before her due date!!!! Now her baby is 2 weeks old :baby:

I know, I'm so glad it's September!!! My doctor checked last week but I told him not to tell me. I think for my friends who were pregnant recently it just increased their anxiety and impatience (both for a friend who was 3cm for weeks and for one who was not dilated/effaced at all and her water broke the next day). There's not a lot I can do about it so I'd rather live in ignorance! :p This week the doctor offered to check if I wanted to, but I said no.

It's so much like the TWW in some ways...I'm just trying to keep living normally and not obsess over signs. Now that it's September he can come whenever he wants!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->