Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

welcome scared.
im so sorry for your loss baby hopes

Ich: I'm thinking of you! I'm sure you'll be reassured its nothing. But, its good to have the Dr. check on you. :hugs:

Babyhopes: My heart breaks for you! Take all the time you need and I pray you have strength and comfort through this loss. Hoping to see you back again TTC :hugs:

MightyMom: You sneaky you! :haha: That was a great and beautiful announcement! So so happy for you- you deserve this rainbow! How have you been feeling? Congrats!!

Ich: :hugs: take it easy, have you started the new job yet? Hoping this is nothing as the Doc says. :hug

=\ my doctor isn't the one on call.. i talked to a different one who told me "he has no clue what im talking about because you dont have a mucus plug to lose at 16 weeks"

Ich: Did you describe what kind of discharge its like, then? I can't believe he won't see you. Explain everything or just go in there. They have to do something. Did you tell him what your Dr. said. I'm hating the medical field. :hugs:

Neesah: Yeah, Mighty Mom sure was sneaky. I got a kick out of your comment. :)

yeah.. he was a total jerk.. im going to call my dr first thing in the morning . it has stopped now.. but idk..

ich: During my second tri I had an enormous amount of discharge. I used to refer to it as a vagina-sneeze. Was it like that? A sudden amount of discharge? That can either be a totally normal (and disgusting) part of pregnancy or may indicate you have a bacteria imbalance or infection. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Maybe you can go in to see your doctor in the morning?

nessah: You like that? :thumbup: I wasn't sure how to break the news, but Leinz gave me the perfect tee up!

What on earth? Of course you have a mucus plug at 16 weeks. Why are some doctors so dumb? :growlmad:

Mighty Mom: I don't think Ich would normally be so worried. But, she has endured a second trimester loss. Where she lost her mucus plug a week prior.

Ich: I would definitley call your Dr. in the morning. Just to fill him in... Maybe he'll have you wait again. I hope he sees you, so you can have reassurance. :hugs:

Baby hopes I'm very sorry for ur loss :hugs:

Tooscared welcome Hun good to see you in here..x

Mightymom it is like a proper reunion in here lol... When you think we were all chatting in the march after a loss section....xx

Ich I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about Hun...cx

Hey to all the other ladies....x

Afm still got the sickness from hell and need to work thurs to sat :( I want to be a stay at home pregnant lady :)

Baby hopes I'm so sorry :hugs:

Welcome too scared x

Ich thinking of you x

After 5 losses in a year it really looks like I'm cooking my rainbow this time so please ladies never give up on your dreams as hard a journey as this has been it will be all worth it in the end xxx

Babyhopes I'm so very sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tooscared - Welcome! :flower:

Ich - I hope its nothing serious and what a stupid doctor you talked to! :hugs:

I had my appointment with my GP yesterday. He took all my history and told me I'll get a scan at 12 weeks which I expected and I'll meet with the midwife afterwards. Today I got a call from maternity at my hospital and they said I'll be hearing from them in the next 2-5 days for a dating scan :happydance: I don't' know why I get one. Maybe because of my history but its too soon to identify any problems for IUGR so not sure! I'm excited though! And then she said I'll be hearing from the midwives for an appointment! Clueless GP! :dohh:

I just realised by dating scan my hospital means the 12 weeks scan. :shrug: Do they not do a Nuchal Translucency Scan? I'm confused now. :shrug:

Babyhopes I'm so very sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tooscared - Welcome! :flower:

Ich - I hope its nothing serious and what a stupid doctor you talked to! :hugs:

I had my appointment with my GP yesterday. He took all my history and told me I'll get a scan at 12 weeks which I expected and I'll meet with the midwife afterwards. Today I got a call from maternity at my hospital and they said I'll be hearing from them in the next 2-5 days for a dating scan :happydance: I don't' know why I get one. Maybe because of my history but its too soon to identify any problems for IUGR so not sure! I'm excited though! And then she said I'll be hearing from the midwives for an appointment! Clueless GP! :dohh:

Hey. Did u have IUGR with a previous pregnancy? And if you did and don't mind sharing with me the details. Like when was it diagnosed? How?&why was it diagnosed? How did they treat it? And when/why did you deliver? And how was baby?
Sorry for all the questions, but I think that the drs are considering that I may have this.. If you don't mind sharing any experience you have had I'd be greatful. Either here or pm me. :hugs:

I really don't mind you asking! :flower:

I was diagnosed at 7 months. K had dropped from 50% to 25% so doc got a bit worried. He did a doppler scan which the one that checks the blood flow through the placenta and it was off the chart completely. I was given blood-thinning injections to do daily and was asked to rest as much as possible. I was given growth scan every 2 weeks and was told that if/when she stops growing we'll have to deliver her. I then had a bit of spotting in week 33 and was put on bed rest. At my 35 week scan I was told all is ok and they'll let me go to 38 weeks. K was small but healthy. The exact next day I love my mucus plug and was hospitalised. I was given steroids for Ks lungs which you usually don't need at this point but they were treating her like she was 2 weeks smaller. It was Friday night. I was told that the full effect of the shots will be on monday and I will deliver then. Sunday at 4am my waters broke and she was here 4,5 hours later :cloud9: Small, but healthy. Didn't need anything. Doctor said my labour was so quick probably as nature wanted to protect the baby and she needed to come out soon. Who knows! I just hope my next labour is as quick!

When are you seeing your doctor again? Was it Friday? IUGR is so stressful because you are always worrying when the time comes that you need to deliver but at least if they know about it and they monitor you you have the best chance possible@ If you have any questions or anything you can always ask me or pm me. Also, if you go to gestational complications section there are lots of people who have been through it! :hugs:

Thanks so much. My next growth scan is Sept 19th but I have an appt with my OB tomorrow so he may move that forward. At first I was totally freaked that I was going to lose the baby it was just a matter of time. But although it's still possible as long as I'm monitored well then we'll have the best possible outcome. My mind is a big mess of confusion and stress. My due date by lmp is 1/1/13 but my very first ultrasound dated me at 1/8/13. Which I think is more accurate because I believe I ov'd late. But dr kept my first due date. When I brought this up as a possible reason for her measuring small it was shot down because they said the change went from 48% to 24% in 4 weeks time it wasn't measuring small from the beginning. Ugh. I don't know it's the not knowing thats driving me crazy. I do know one thing it is highly unlikely I'll make it to my due date let alone to term. I've been put on strict bed rest so I'm praying that helps and I don't plan on leaving without more info/answers from my next ultrasound. My big goal right now is to make it to 28 weeks. That's the earliest I would be "ok" delivering. What concerns me is being in the 24% at 20 weeks. Was your baby measuring small over all or just an abdomen measuring behind? Thanks for your help. :hugs:

With K it was different. Her head was measuring very small. I guess all babies are different.

Of course you are stressed. But just try and keep positive. Every week makes a huge difference now, even every day. I really hope your OB can give you some more information about this, I think the more you talk about it and the more you learn about it it helps to keep calm and face the facts. Its a difficult situation to be in but one that can have a happy ending I promise. :hugs:

It seems like women with recurrent miscarriages tend to know more about the reproductive cycle and pregnancy than their doctors do. Of course there is a mucus plug at 16 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->