Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

I'm sure all will be well too! Not long now! I keep hearing about pinterest but have never looked into it! hmmmm

Snow: Yay for TV! 11 days seems like forever, but it isn't all that far off. :) It feels so much better saying "next week."

And I love pinterest! Great photo ideas and recipes. Fun!

Aw snow yeah for tv Hun. Cx

Leinzlove I've got my booking appointment on the 18th Hun..x

Did u ladies hav the test for down syndrome? Don't kno whether to get it or not. X

I had the quad screening with this pregnancy. It's a blood test that tests for 4 serious birth conditions. I feel better prepared than not. Even though I know no matter what I'm keeping this baby. :) However, its controversal because a positive test warrants more testing and doesn't mean anythings wrong.

I am obsessed with pinterest. Wish I would have know about it before my wedding!

I had the downs screening, I didn't really care about the results, we would keep and love baby regardless, but I really wanted the scan. x x x

I had the scan and blood test combined screenings at 13 and 20 weeks. I just wanted to be as prepared as possible in case baby was going to need some particular type of care immediately after birth.

I had as much screening as my doc would offer and the insurance would cover. Mostly so that I could research anything beforehand because I am such a control freak and felt better about it. I also read practically every pregnancy book out there to get a general idea too just in case something came up that wasn't screened. But then DD came out without any pre-existing conditions so all that worry was for naught!

Also if anyone wants a Pinterest invite, just PM me your e-mail address. I am ADDICTED to Pinterest and have a ridiculous number of pins! But I think most of them are very useful. :) If you alread have Pinterest, look me up! MightyMamaBear

I love Pinterest too! :)

Leinz, it sounds like you had a nice time with your sister.

Seaweed Eater, I hope your little boy makes an appearance soon!!

Snow, I am glad that you have TV to keep you busy now. Those 11 days will fly by!

Cheryl, I am getting the screening done next week. Then we will break the news to everyone. Our families don't even know yet!

Do any of you ladies suffer from allergies? Today my allergies have gone through the roof. I have been coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose all day. I think I have used a whole box of tissues already today. I have sneezed approximately 100 times (at least) and there is no sign of it letting up. My poor nose is so red and raw. I read that in the 2nd tri your allergies could go bonkers and now I am scared! I don't want another 12 weeks of this! Any tips on easing them?

Cheryl - looks like I am alone in that we didn't do any screening with either pregnancy. We chose not to have the extra worry :) Do what's right for you and DH. Good luck!!

TS, you poor thing :hugs: I have heard the same thing about allergies getting worse during pregnancy, but unfortunately I don't know what remedy to suggest. I hope you feel better soon!

I never have allergy problems ever. But it seems as tho this pregnancy has created some. It's ridiculous!!

Thank you Seaweed Eater :)

I hope your allergies go away again after your baby comes, Snow.

I never have allergy problems ever. But it seems as tho this pregnancy has created some. It's ridiculous!!

Are you sure it's allergies, Snow? In second tri I thought I was developing allergies or a cold, but it ended up being acid reflux. At least, treating the reflux made it go away. My symptoms were sore throat and sinus congestion -- never knew reflux could cause the latter but apparently it can.

Thanks guys il see wot hubby thinks I need to let my midwife kno next week. Xx

Are you sure it's allergies, Snow? In second tri I thought I was developing allergies or a cold, but it ended up being acid reflux. At least, treating the reflux made it go away. My symptoms were sore throat and sinus congestion -- never knew reflux could cause the latter but apparently it can.

:shrug: not sure I've had issues since first tri, I'll have to look into the acid reflux thing. :thumbup:

Mine is the same way... I keep feeling like I'm coming down with something. My throat gets really sore but its just acid reflux. It is fine after a few tums. It especially happens after I have pizza or spagetti. Hope you feel better soon, snow. :hugs:

Cheryl: It doesn't matter either way whether you take the test or not. It's more of a personal decison. Thats what my Dr. said. :)

Well we hav decided against it just going to deal with it if it happened at the birth. Think my ms is easing is it normal for it to happen at 9 wks??xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->