Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Ugh. DD has this fascination with bugs and stuff. Two days ago she brought home a pocket full of snails. :dohh: today I get her home and her whole hand is purple. I asked her what it was and she replied I picked up a worm and it just won't wash off. So obviously I'm dealing with some sort of allergic reaction. :cry: so far no swelling. Off to the pediatrician.

Happyface: Yay!!! Beautiful baby! You just may find out team :blue: next month. :) Love the scan picture!

Snow: That's awful. I hope its figured out and it heals fast. :hugs:

AFM: DD got a new giraffe carseat and I'm loving my new bra. Family outing day and I'm going to eat something delicious and I'm going shopping at ToysRus! :happydance:

I will update this thread with dates soon... And also catch up with your posts and journals. I'm sorry its taken me so long.

snow hope everything got figured out at the dr..

leinz enjoy your day hun sounds fun!

heres my 21+6 bump. please excuse the mess in the backgroud :dohh:

Attachments

• 21+6.jpg
    21+6.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
Apparently it's a venom from a millipede? We are guessing. It's kind of like a skunk sprays as a defense. DD playing with it and set it off. The discoloration on her skin was the best case scenario as she could have been blinded if it got in her eyes. Dr Said to watch it, but doesn't think it'll be much of an issue since its not itching or hurting now. So we are going to apply neosporin and watch it. :shrug:

Also going to chat with the school since she is only there 3 hours a day and this is the third time I know of she's played with some insect or bug. I'm a little peeved they haven't paid more attention considering her only allergy is listed as insect bites!!! :growlmad:

Snow, how scary! Insect allergies run in my family and I would be mad if the school weren't on top of that, as well. I'm glad she is ok!

I'm loving all of the scan and bump pics :happydance: such an exciting time! So happy that many of you are into second and third tri now. IMO pregnancy just kept getting better...well maybe until 38 weeks or so, then it got worse. :wacko: I hope you are all feeling well!

Oh and happy week milestone to the Thursday girls :flower: it's funny that we are on Mondays now after being Thursdays for so long!

We are doing well here, just took Munchkin out for his first walk in the wrap. It was fun! I like baby wearing, although I was scared I would trip or something. I haven't been falling asleep right away despite being exhausted, so I figured it was time to get a little exercise. I actually found it energizing, but Munchkin is out like a light right now :haha:

Snow, how scary! Insect allergies run in my family and I would be mad if the school weren't on top of that, as well. I'm glad she is ok!

I'm loving all of the scan and bump pics :happydance: such an exciting time! So happy that many of you are into second and third tri now. IMO pregnancy just kept getting better...well maybe until 38 weeks or so, then it got worse. :wacko: I hope you are all feeling well!

Oh and happy week milestone to the Thursday girls :flower: it's funny that we are on Mondays now after being Thursdays for so long!

We are doing well here, just took Munchkin out for his first walk in the wrap. It was fun! I like baby wearing, although I was scared I would trip or something. I haven't been falling asleep right away despite being exhausted, so I figured it was time to get a little exercise. I actually found it energizing, but Munchkin is out like a light right now :haha:

My friend was carrying her daughter and tripped over a rock her dog left on the porch and she landed purposely in such a way as to not hurt the baby, but broke her foot. :dohh: I never "wore" dd, but am interested in trying with this baby. :thumbup:

glad you had a nice walk hun !!

snow is a millipede a centipede?? the pre school should def be on top of that

Ich: I love the bump! Just Beautiful! Happy 22 weeks! :yipee:

Sevilla: Wow! Just 5 weeks to go! Your students are going to miss you. How long will you be on leave? So exciting! :yipee:

Snow: I'm so glad DD is okay. However, I don't understand why they aren't making sure she's not playing with insects. :hugs:

S: Awww... sounds exciting. You have the new Mom adredaline rush. :) I had that myself. It's good to exercize. You'll feel better and it'll speed up your healing. :) Have you scheduled your 4-6 week post partum visit? I had mine 4 weeks after DD... I still found that BD hurt for 3 months after I had her. I'm trying more kegels this time to help, but I don't like doing them.

I love babywearing! :) I did it with DD. You won't fall... However, that was a fear for me also.

I loooove babywearing, I still wear my daughter and will do until it gets too uncomfy, my crappy pelvis means I can't push the pushchair at the moment anyways so its really handy :)

I can;t wait to wear a newborn again, they are sooo snuggly and unlike my cheeky little lady they don;t pull my hair :rofl: x x x

Seaweed Eater, I am so happy that you and munchkin are settling in well and you seem to be handling motherhood absolutely brilliantly!

Leinz, glad that your 4D scan is coming up soon! I think for sure you are team pink though, Zoela is too cute a name to not be able to use it this time around! :haha:

Snowangel, I hope you tear the preschool a new one! Their job is to protect your DD while she is in their care and especially with allergies they should be EXTRA diligent!

Happyface, beautiful pic! So happy your scan went perfectly!

AFM, I had my scan yesterday as well and it went beautifully! Like happyface, the woman who went in before me came out sobbing and was whisked away and I just felt so awful for her :cry: So then I was even MORE nervous for mine but bubs is measuring perfect, NT measurements were 1.012, heartbeat 165, everything was great! I couldn't see the screen very well, but hubs was right in front of it and got to watch the whole thing, lucky duck! Anywho, here is our bubs... any guesses from the nub/skull? We will find out for certain Dec 7th so I can tell you whether you were right or not!

https://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh500/tawn26/12Weeks.jpg

Tawn, beautiful, beautiful baby! Gorgeous! I'm so happy you made it past a scary appointment. I was so scared when I went in. I was crying before I entered the Dr. office.

I'm guessing :blue: for you! :)

Well dropped dd off at preschool and had a chat about the insect incident. Apparently they've been telling her and others not to play with bugs etc. so I just reiterated that she has an allergy and I brought her to the dr and really we are lucky that the reaction was minimal so please keep a closer eye. I am definitely irritated but am more worried about the possibility of a poisonous snake or some other dangerous spider etc. anyways end result they'll keep a closer eye on her and told her if she can't leave "bugs" alone she'll have to stay inside during recess. I think dd was embarrassed enough with me talking to the teacher maybe she'll leave things alone.

Today I'm going to sneak off to a consignment shop to see what they have for babies. I've also been feeling pretty sick lately and was talking to mil about it and she said he thought it was probably self induced. Which actually makes sense. I'm so stressed/overwhelmed with bed rest, dd acting out, housework is piling up, dh is working on opening a store and I have little to no help. Then I've been trying to get a solid list of what's left to do and get before baby. Then I'm freaking out about my stomach I don't feel like I'm getting any bigger and it's making me think negative things about baby's growth. :cry: I am trying to calm myself and take it one day at a time. I have an ultrasound Wednesday so am hoping they'll give me good news on her growth and explain to me where tho baby is hiding. :shrug:

Anyways that's my vent for the day.

Good morning ladies!!!

I've been thinking long and hard about posting what's been on my mind lately because I don't want to bring anyone down or cause any ill feelings. However, I know you ladies are the only people who will understand exactly what I'm feeling and going through and I really just need to get it off my chest... sorry, I have a feeling this will be a long rambling post. Bare with me....

So tomorrow (Oct 13th) would have been my angel's EDD. I have so many mixed feelings about this. Sadness, anger, thankfulness; to name a few. I know I should look on the brighter side of all this and be thankful that I was able to get pregnant so quickly after our loss and that the baby is healthy so far but I just feel so guilty for feeling anything but sadness for our little angel that I'll never know or meet. At the same time, I feel so angry with my body and the mmc that we discovered back in March because I remained pregnant for an additional 3 weeks after the baby died before a routine ultrasound showed us what was really going on. What a cruel joke! And the result of the mmc experience has ruined this pregnancy for me. I've been terrified something will go wrong this entire pregnancy which has made it really hard to enjoy this miracle.

I find it hard to talk with anyone about all these emotions. My mother is just so "get over it" that I can't talk to her. A couple weeks after the mmc, she actually told me she thought I needed professional help because I was still crying about the miscarriage!!! I was infuriated! I have great friends who were supportive during the mmc but who don't or can't understand how I'm feeling now. They just think all is better now that I'm pregnant again. And then there's my husband's family who didn't even call me after the mmc to say "We're sorry for your loss". So, I can't rely on them for any kind of support now. And my poor husband has so much work stress that he's been too busy to have a real sit down, cry-it-out, talk about how I'm feeling. He knows I'm sad and why but really can't or doesn't know how to deal with it. I can't blame him for that... heck, I don't know how to deal with myself.

So, with all that said... I'm having trouble processing how to mourn my angel's EDD tomorrow. I've been crying at the most random times all week long just thinking about tomorrow and what could have been. I'd really like to just stay in bed all day and not do anything. (when I get sad, I tend to want to be by myself in a quiet, cozy room so I can "process" my thoughts) But the boys have a horse show in the morning and I think we're going apple picking in the afternoon. I don't want tomorrow to just be another day though. But I don't want my kids to have to relive this traumatic experience either. So maybe something I do on my own or just me and hubby. What are some things you ladies have done to celebrate/mourn your angel's EDD?

Thanks for "listening" to my ramblings and I hope you're all having a better a wonderful morning!!

Tawn, I say girl!

L, thanks for the reminder, I need to schedule that. :) My doctor does it at 6 weeks. I haven't even looked down there yet...I don't really want to know! Maybe at 4 weeks.

Snow, I hope your u/s is reassuring! I am sure baby is growing fine. It's impossible to tell from how big the bump looks. :hugs: Sounds like a challenging time for you, for sure. I hope you feel better soon.

Twokiddos, lots of :hugs: :hugs: to you. Be kind to yourself. It is ok for this to be really hard. :cry:

twokiddos, aw hunny, EDD is a really hard day. For Sophia we went to the cemetery with a bunch of pink balloons. We attached notes to them and pictures of me and my fiancee (Ex now) and sent them up to her. Then we went for lunch and for a walk in a park nearby. It was a very hard day, and Sophia's birthday is February 28th, and I am due February 15th. I really have mixed emotions about that . Allow yourself to feel whatever you want hun

Tawn I say boy! Precious pic! :cloud9:

Twokiddos - I'm not sure what to say to you other than this is YOUR grief and only you know how to feel about it and how you want to spend the day. I'm sorry that your mum doesn't get it, I've never been through it but my guess is only people who have can really 'get' it. I hope you felt some relief in sharing your feelings on here, this is what this place is for.

I'm sorry I can't help any more. Big big hugs to you :hugs:

Snow: I'm glad you brought it up to DD's teacher! I hope it makes DD not want to play with insects at all. :) Also I hope you find some great baby buys today. Your MIL is probably right. Just breathe hun, everythings going to be ok. :hugs:

Twokiddos: Wow, reading your vent... was like reading mine last week. I felt all of the same and I just ended up pushing through the day. I let myself feel what I wanted. DH and DD put up with me. I was short tempered and I cried alot. But, I felt so relieved getting through my EDD. Its definitley ok to feel the way you do... As I felt the exact same. I took it harder than I had thought. I took gift baskets to the hospital... just a stuffed animal and candle. I also released balloons.

S: I was just being curious. I definitley wouldn't be looking down there yet either. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->