Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Drat, for no cervix change. But, then again... that doesn't mean much. :) Yay, for no Group B Strep... I also had that with DD. Maybe I won't this time around. I just assumed that I would... Good to know.

You'll be holding your precious baby, super soon. I bet you are wobbling! :)

Krippy, I'm glad everything is normal! How funny that the doctor described your baby as "dense." :wacko: How would he know? I guess that is a good thing for delivery though, if he is relatively small for his weight, no?

Wiggler, I'm so sorry you are in so much pain hon :hugs: glad to hear about the crutches though. I hope you find some relief soon!

Snow congrats on passing your first NST! :happydance: I had them from 33 or 34 weeks with Munchkin. He passed all of them, but it was easier when he was awake and moving around a lot. Once I had to change positions and drink some juice to get him moving. After that I always had something sugary before my appointment. (It is so weird remembering those appointments with Munchkin the actual baby sitting in his bouncer right next to me!)

Lch, let us know how your appointment goes. :hugs: Will be thinking of you. Glad you are getting checked out. There is a lot they can do for high BP.

Sevilla, too bad cervix is unchanged, but as you know things could change at any moment! And yay for GBS negative :happydance:

Leinz, I loved reading your post :cloud9: I am so glad you feel you have grown through this journey. It has been really amazing to share it with you. :hugs: I bet you are in heaven with Zoela's movements. That is such an amazing time with the constant movement...until you can see them moving on the outside! Not long at all now!! :happydance:

So if your glucose was low does that mean it was also ok after you drank the stuff? Do you know yet about doing the 3 hr?

thanks ladies! i really hope its not high BP, but just glad i am able to go in. Ill get to hear baby too which is great! hes been quiet lately =[ still moving of course but not as much. also my placenta is in front so i was told that some days i may not feel much . did you experience that sevilla??

leinz i loved reading your post too. it brought tears to my eyes hun and im so happy for you!

S: How amazing is that... that little guy moving around inside your womb. Is the same little man smiling at you? :) I still get that way over DD from time to time. Seems the more they grow, the harder it gets to believe. I mean wait until they grow up. Wow!

Ich: I still have days I don't notice the movements as much. And there are days of super active... its like whats into this baby? And other days I start thinking "When was the last time I felt her move?" And thats without a placenta in front. At 28 weeks you can start kick counts if you want. It's 10 movements within 2 hours. Best to do relaxing. And ofcourse you can do what I do to feel reassured... I just start playing with the belly. DD, though was never as playful as this one is. :)

Aww L you have a playful one! So cute! I can't wait to hear how different her personality is from Chloe's :cloud9:

Made my first diaper cake. Thinking about adding some curly ribbon. We will see... But heres what I got...

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/IMG_7483.jpg

This took..

100 diapers (50 size 2 pampers & 50 size 1 Huggies)
1 Dress from old navy, Gerber onsie, a pair of toe socks, crochet hat and booties
72 count pampers baby wipes
Travel set of toiletrees, a medium bottle of baby powder, some tiny toiletrees for Mom
A pack of hair clips
2 mini princess board books, 1 8oz baby bottle, 1 2oz baby bottle
Gumdrop pacifier
Pink Teddybear

Cost: $40-$50. But, I got almost everything from rounding up things I didn't use with DD. And also the pregnancy clinic. I'd say out of pocket it cost me $20.

This is for my SIL. She's due a girl on Valentines Day and they are naming her Jenna. :)

It's fab! I'm sure SIL will love it!

I keep craving soup for breakfast :rofl: I just had a big bowl of soup with a crusty roll and it was amazing! :haha: x x x

Owoooo... Wiggler you gone and did it now. Tummy is now growling for food... LOL!

:haha: Sorry :blush:

Anyone else freezing a load of meals for after baby is born? I did about a months worth before Bethany was born and it was so brilliant just grabbing something and chucking it in the oven rather than faffing around cooking from scratch. I was thinking of doing bout 2 weeks worth this time, but not sure what to do. I will probably make pies, sauces and stews/casseroles again, but can't think of anything else

I was trying to figure out how to prep meals while being stick on bedrest, but I'll have my mom here for at least a week after baby is born and my mil will be here "I think" for 2-3 months after she's born. So they'll pretty much take over that stuff for me. :thumbup: I guess that's one benefit to them living sooo far away. When they come they stay with me. ;)

Lasagna freezes good wiggler. U can either make it then freeze before cooking or cook it then portion it and freeze. I also saw some people who have prepped ziplock bags full of contents for crockpot so you just grab it and dump it in. Like chicken carrots potatoes etc. I also like some of the frozen premade meals they sell at like sams club. They have Alfredo, chicken piccata, eggplant stuff etc. might be worth a try. They're not too bad and would be good for backup. :thumbup:

Tho I don't know if u have things like SAMs club, Costco, or BJ's. :shrug:

Ooh good ideas hun :)

My OH took over the cooking after Dylan was born and we lived on junk until I was well enough to cook again, not doing that again :haha:

Can't do frozen ready meals, they aren't healthy enough for the kids, Dylan is a poor eater so we try to make sure the little he does eat is pretty healthy, bethany would eat out of the bin if I let her :rofl:

Hi ladies, i've been offline lately, but fingers crossed hopefully it's resolved now :D

I have been silently reading all the time though when i've been able to get on for short times

That's a good idea about the food prep, I had thought about it too, but my problem is, without going and spending a fortune on plastic tubs, what do you store all the food in? I save ice cream containers, but don't eat it very often (although like some of you have eaten more recently :blush: ) I think I would make some lasagne and some shepherds pie so would use some of those cheapy metal disposable containers for that, what would you suggest for stews and chilli's to be kept in?

I'll have my mum here for the first week, she can cook then, otherwise we live right next door to my in laws, but my OH doesn't eat dairy because it makes him feel sick, but they don't get it so we don't eat with them very often, so them cooking for us is out of the question (but I will utilize her chest freezer!)

I just stuck everything in the cheapo metal containers :haha: For sauces, a few months before I was due I began treating myself to a few of the posh fresh soups a week and saved the tubs and used them for that. I'll be doing the same again this time as when we moved I chucked all the plastic containers out to save space, I will be making a load of soup to freeze too as its soo good and healthy.

When I went into labour with Bethany I woke OH in a panic to finish the cooking as we still had 3 batch meals to finish :rofl: I sat there on the internet timing contractions while he was cooking (uder my careful instructions), finishing the tidying and running to the shop to get last minute bits :rofl:

That's a good idea for sauces, I already have some jars saved, so can use those, although I have months to think of this stuff, but I guess better to be prepared :D

That's so funny what you thought about doing in early labour :haha:

Yea its good to be prepared, when we was actually doing it I thought it was such a hassle, but I was so glad I did after she was born, having a newborn, a toddler and a OH who is a bit useless at times meant that it was really good to have a good healthy homecooked meal without the cooking time while I was adjusting to everything.

I'm trying to think of more to do this time to make my life even easier this time but keep coming up blank :rofl: was thinking of hanging all mine and the kids clothes up in outfit sets so I don't have to waste time picking out clothes for us all.

If I ever pre plan an outfit I never feel like wearing it on the day, although I guess if there are outit options that would work lol well you've done it twice before so you should be able to think of things that were a hassle to do that could be pre done! i'm going into this blind :haha: so not many suggestions from me i'm afraid :shrug:

I think i'm lucky because OH is a good cook, he just doesn't do it because he works and I don't, he'll have 2 weeks off right after, and maybe take a third week as holiday so that we can start to get used to the changes together, but if no food needs to be cooked in that time, I think that will take away a lot of the pressure, then when he goes back to work, I guess i'll just dive right back in!!

My favourite post baby outfits are comfy trousers and a easy access top for BF :haha: I don't go back to wearing "normal" clothes unless going out for at least a month, comfort over style any day :haha:

OH is having at least 2 weeks off, probably 3 though, paternity pay is rubbish so he only has 1 week then the rest has off as holiday. A lot of the decision of how long he is off for will boil down to how the birth goes and how well the kids adjust to the new baby. x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->