Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

leinz its lovely!!

just got back from the docs. Saw the nurse practitioner. blood pressure is fine, she checked at when i came and before i left . She says i have a sinus infection most likely. boo.. Heard baby :cloud9: and i am going back on Monday to get my cervix checked!

V DAY IS ALMOST HERE!!

I was planning on preparing food before labor when living with my fiancee, now im with my mom she cooks everything.. lol.. i do admit, i missed her cooking!

Leinz: Pls update for me Nov 7: ObGyn Visit.

Ich: great news!! Wow, I wish I had someone cooking for me; DH would rather order in than cook :p

Great ideas about food prep. Unfortunately, my DH and DD love ethnic food, so it's hard to find "take-out"... Most times we live off breakfast food since that's what I can really cook.

Thankfully, things are getting better and I tried making some ethnic food the other day, sat well and spices were not overbearing. I am hoping to stock-up and cook big meals and freeze them before labor.
We have small fridge space, but I can ask a friend to keep them for me.

What else are you ladies doing to prepare? I still have not started preparing stuff. Need to get my bassinet back from a friend who borrowed it, and also wash out DD's "neutral" baby clothes since she was also a :yellow:
I should buy something new for baby tho' :( so it's not all hand-me-downs-LOL

ive hardly done anything or bought anything lol.. ill do that.. probably around 30 weeks

My favourite post baby outfits are comfy trousers and a easy access top for BF :haha: I don't go back to wearing "normal" clothes unless going out for at least a month, comfort over style any day :haha:

OH is having at least 2 weeks off, probably 3 though, paternity pay is rubbish so he only has 1 week then the rest has off as holiday. A lot of the decision of how long he is off for will boil down to how the birth goes and how well the kids adjust to the new baby. x x x

One good thing about Sweden is the time off for parents, if both parents work they get time to split between them, but in our case as OH works and I don't, he will get 2 weeks straight after the birth and then I think 60 days to take whenever he wants it, and I believe it's just at normal pay :D

And i'm alsways comfort over style anyway lol :haha:

Great ideas about food prep. Unfortunately, my DH and DD love ethnic food, so it's hard to find "take-out"... Most times we live off breakfast food since that's what I can really cook.

Thankfully, things are getting better and I tried making some ethnic food the other day, sat well and spices were not overbearing. I am hoping to stock-up and cook big meals and freeze them before labor.
We have small fridge space, but I can ask a friend to keep them for me.

What else are you ladies doing to prepare? I still have not started preparing stuff. Need to get my bassinet back from a friend who borrowed it, and also wash out DD's "neutral" baby clothes since she was also a :yellow:
I should buy something new for baby tho' :( so it's not all hand-me-downs-LOL

We have a nice wooden rocking cradle that has been passed through many generations of my OH's family, we need to clean it up and get a mattress for it :D I'm really excited about that :D

And i'm going to start making some soft toys soon, rattles and teddies and I have a music box with a pulling cord which I'll make a nice soft cuddly toy for that to go in for the bed, the song is brahams lullaby :D I won't start on clothes or bed sets etc till we find out the sex in December :D

Sevilla: You and I are similiar, my DD came at 37 weeks. Not to worry, things change any time, so you never know! Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.. :yipee: so excited that you are NEXT!!!

Are you all prepared and ready to go? :D

Leinz: :hugs: Glad you got through the test ok. We are all so priviledged and blessed to have our rainbows right now.... last weekend was my EDD too, and I was just down... but als thankful to be expecting again!!!

Krippy: You go girl!! Team yellow 2nd time around is even more exciting!! You are almost there too!! Praying you get to deliver natural this time... but whatever happens, the Docs will be there to make sure you get the best delivery option :hugs:
GO TEAM :yellow: :yellow:

Been so busy lately, not sure how to jump back in!

I like ready cooked meals, there is a business here that you can go make the meals for wholesale cost. It's really great, it's called Dream Dinners. I made a month's worth in two hours. Such a life saver!

For soup, you can put it in a gallon freezer bag. Works great, but you have to eat it within 30 days.

So happy for those getting close to LOs! Krippy and Sevilla, I mean you!

I have my gender scan on the 14th Nov. Also hope to see my placenta has moved up. Found out last appt. that I have complete placenta previa. Freaking out a bit with that and have been really crampy lately. Makes me nervous.

Hope everyone here is doing great!!

Hard to keep up today! :thumbup:

L your diaper cake is a masterpiece! Well done!

Lch, glad BP is ok :hugs:

MM, cramping is good! Means your uterus is growing and placenta should be moving away :thumbup:

All I've been wearing is yoga pants with tank tops, or nursing friendly tops if I need to look civilized...around the house TBH I am topless most of the time :p or just in a tank with no bra. I haven't found a nursing bra that fits well yet. My size would be somewhere around 30K ( :shock: ), but I'm not even sure. I have a couple bras in 32I that are good enough for going out, but I don't want to damage my ducts by wearing imperfectly fitting underwires all the time.

Munchkin is 1 month old today and 10 lb even! :happydance: So proud of how well he is growing.

aww seaweed your lil man is growing! were you boobs that size pre pregnancy? lol. mine went from 34B to 34 C so far

I've been working on some of the baby clothes today. A bunch of the clothes I had stored are yellowed and I know they weren't stained when they were packed away and apparently it's common with baby clothes tht are stored. Wherever there was drool poop or puke even tho they look clean there are still enzymes there. :shrug: so I have a full basket full of clothes I need to work on. I bought oxiclean and am soaking them in hot water for 6 hours then washing them. I did one load today and the stains came out of all but three items so once dh gets home I'm going to have him drain the old water since I'm soaking them in a tote and can't move it. Then tomorrow I'll do the same. :thumbup: I've already done four loads of laundry and have at least three more an that only covers 0-6months :dohh: I have a friend coming to help me fold and put them away probably on Monday. But for now the clothes are a huge mountain in the crib. :haha: I still haven't finished my hospital bags, but am getting close. :thumbup:

lol oh wow! im starting to feel seriously unprepared..

i have 2 outifts. and thats it.
i guess with my financial situation and my cervical issues i havent been able to jump into getting the baby a bunch of things. then i feel guilty :cry: im hoping ill have enough money to get the bassinet soon!

Ich: You'll get there! :)

I also plan on preparing meals. Thats if I can ever get things going with our house. I'm down... I failed the glucose test, yesterday. So, I have to go for the three hour. Grrrrrr!

A ton of what I have is left over from dd, I've also had some given to me and I shopped a consignment store. Then I did buy some new stuff for the baby too. But I did most of the shopping before I was put on bedrest. I don't need to buy any clothes, but I still need a car seat/stroller and a few other things. And I also have to deal with having Christmas for my 4 year old. I asked dh if we could celebrate early considering they want to induce me Dec 26th. And he said no. :growlmad: I asked dd of we could cancel Christmas and she said NO! :haha: but then I asked her what if I'm in the hospital and she said she would wait til I got out to celebrate. :thumbup:

It does seem like my to do list is not getting very far. :(

ICH- do u have a car seat already? Our hospital told us that they have new ones they give at the fire station for a $25 donation. Maybe you could call and check to see if they do it in your area too. :shrug:

i should look into that, im getting a bit over whelmed at this point. I went from making a very good amount of money every month to nothing! Its crazy. These are the times that I wish FOB was a totally different person.. lol. not sure how im going to get everything i need but ill do it somehow ! =D it just stinks that i dont qualify for any financial assistance. not even food stamps. my state sucks!!

I wore a 28G or so pre pregnancy. They grew a lot right away, like at least 3 cup sizes first tri...28G is actually not that big (since the band is small), but then all of a sudden they were frickin enormous. That and the fact that I had "the flu" for 2 months were the two things that tipped off all my friends that I was preg. :p

Awww Leinz I'm sorry about the glucose test! :hugs: That sucks! But I bet you will pass the 3 hour.

Ich: Definitley ask friends who have had children. They may be able to help a bit. I also have alot left from DD. Although the seasons didn't align up so I did do some shopping. My SIL will never go used, but I don't mind doing so. Before baby can wear clothes they need to be washed anyways.

thanks ladies! i really hope its not high BP, but just glad i am able to go in. Ill get to hear baby too which is great! hes been quiet lately =[ still moving of course but not as much. also my placenta is in front so i was told that some days i may not feel much . did you experience that sevilla??

leinz i loved reading your post too. it brought tears to my eyes hun and im so happy for you!

lch - with the anterior placenta, I really didn't start to feel this one move until past 23 weeks... and it wasn't super consistent until more like 28 :shrug:

HA, by the way we REALLY didn't prepare for this baby at all.... is that normal for second babies!?!?!?! I mean, the crib is up, and the co-sleeper is ready to go. Neither have sheets on them yet, but they are all washed. The car seat is installed. That's about it! All DD's infant stuff is still up in attic (swing, bouncy seat etc) because I think if we take it down DD will think it's for her and her baby dolls. No food prepared this time around, hospital bag half packed etc.

Maybe it's because I have DD and I am not on bed rest this time around... I just feel too busy to get prepared!!! I figure when I am finally home with a newborn then I can pull it all together. DD will go to daycare and DH will be home for about 3 weeks, so I am sure we can get it all done then ???? eeeeeeeeeeeeek.

i should look into that, im getting a bit over whelmed at this point. I went from making a very good amount of money every month to nothing! Its crazy. These are the times that I wish FOB was a totally different person.. lol. not sure how im going to get everything i need but ill do it somehow ! =D it just stinks that i dont qualify for any financial assistance. not even food stamps. my state sucks!!

How do you not qualify for food stamps? For one you're pregnant and two you're not working. And technically you're "homeless". You definitely would qualify for WIC I'm assuming that u can apply for while you're pregnant it'll cover some food items and then if you're unable to nurse you would get formula too. Really tho you still have plenty of time and you'll just have to prioritize what baby really needs. There are a lot of things that really aren't practical when it comes to baby's anyways. Google kids consignment shops in your area and see if they ever have sales. I have one near me that just had a sale on all infant clothing .99 cents each. That's a steal! I know goodwill sometimes has baby clothes on sale 2/$1 or I've seen them 4/$1. Do u go to a church? Maybe they can help?
Also you could put an add on craigslist looking for gently used baby stuff and explain your situation. Check to see if there is a freecycle in your area. It's an online website where people ask for things they need or give things away for others to reuse so that they're "recycled" rater then thrown out. It's totally free, ya never know there maybe somebody who has lots of baby stuff that they're looking to give to a good home. I would place a wanted add and explain your bedrest situation and it's put u out of work etc. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->