Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Excellent advice Snow! :)

Mighty Mom: Yay for gender scan! Nov. 14 is coming... Do you think :pink: or do you think :blue:?

HA, by the way we REALLY didn't prepare for this baby at all.... is that normal for second babies!?!?!?! I mean, the crib is up, and the co-sleeper is ready to go. Neither have sheets on them yet, but they are all washed. The car seat is installed. That's about it! All DD's infant stuff is still up in attic (swing, bouncy seat etc) because I think if we take it down DD will think it's for her and her baby dolls. No food prepared this time around, hospital bag half packed etc.

Maybe it's because I have DD and I am not on bed rest this time around... I just feel too busy to get prepared!!! I figure when I am finally home with a newborn then I can pull it all together. DD will go to daycare and DH will be home for about 3 weeks, so I am sure we can get it all done then ???? eeeeeeeeeeeeek.

I was thinking today that everything was done and ready when I still had 4 months left in pregnancy with dd. and this time I have less then 9 weeks and I don't even have a car seat yet!! Tho I have been making progress (which I'm currently paying for as it has jump started contractions) but I had dh drag everything for the baby to the baby's room and it closed off so that dd doesn't mess with stuff an I go in there every now and then to work on things. :thumbup:

I just wish our house will close... so we can get moved in and I can do a baby room. But it really isn't to big of a hurry. I will co sleep for the first few months. (Ok you got me probably for atleast 6 months.) haha

If you are in this thread... You may definitley be team :pink:! The girls in here are running away with it! :)

I just added Iwantpeace & Torres Pink tickers... Congratulations Ladies on team :pink:!!

I KNOW RIGHT! 9 to 4, thats crazy! I'd say its because we just had A LOT of swimmers sent up there early. Haha!

Haha! Mighty Mom.... Do you still think :blue:?

So many girls :cloud9: Although mine is still only a maybe girl :haha:

Mine too, really Wiggler! :) Until... NEXT THURSDAY! Eeeeeek! Oh, what will it be? :blue: or confirmed :pink:!

I just can't wait! :) :) :)

I'd say we both are probably :pink:, Wiggler. You know your scan pic was the totally opposite of Ich's and she is team :blue: so that would make sense. However, Ich's scan pic looked just like mine... So MAYBE I'm :blue:!

I think you still have a little girly in there :)

OH won't let me have a gender scan :brat: I'm kind of glad really because with Xmas and Dylans birthday we don't really have the spare money for it, but I wanna know for sure! I am sticking to buying everything neutral as a just in case :haha:

I didn't stick to neutral lol... I went :pink:! But, then I started to really wonder. Haha! I'm getting this 3D/4D as an anniversary gift from DH. The things I can talk him into. I already took the money from his bonus check... He paid for his entry into his fantasy football league, and I took mine for scan. :)

Which its $124, and you get alot. 1/2 hour bonding session, 8 pictures printed, 15 minute DVD, CD of all images and measurements. I've been counting down for 3 months... :)

And you know maybe I'll always wonder until delivery day. I can remember wondering if :pink: at DD's 20 week scan was right, even then.

OH was the same when I was forced into team yellow when Bethany wouldn't show us the good shot, I begged and begged and he was mean and said no :haha:

Either way I don't need to do much shopping which is brilliant, I have all madams baby clothes and all Dylans are at my mums so its fine :)

Yes, Wiggler you are set, either way! :) And your pram is black also. How perfect! :) Isn't it fun when we talk all over the forum.. haha! I better get to bed... Said that awhile ago... and I'm still here.... THIS IS POST 4,999!

I didn't stick to neutral lol... I went :pink:! But, then I started to really wonder. Haha! I'm getting this 3D/4D as an anniversary gift from DH. The things I can talk him into. I already took the money from his bonus check... He paid for his entry into his fantasy football league, and I took mine for scan. :)

Which its $124, and you get alot. 1/2 hour bonding session, 8 pictures printed, 15 minute DVD, CD of all images and measurements. I've been counting down for 3 months... :)

And you know maybe I'll always wonder until delivery day. I can remember wondering if :pink: at DD's 20 week scan was right, even then.

I ask them to confirm its a girl at every ultrasound! :haha:

How do you not qualify for food stamps? For one you're pregnant and two you're not working. And technically you're "homeless". You definitely would qualify for WIC I'm assuming that u can apply for while you're pregnant it'll cover some food items and then if you're unable to nurse you would get formula too. Really tho you still have plenty of time and you'll just have to prioritize what baby really needs. There are a lot of things that really aren't practical when it comes to baby's anyways. Google kids consignment shops in your area and see if they ever have sales. I have one near me that just had a sale on all infant clothing .99 cents each. That's a steal! I know goodwill sometimes has baby clothes on sale 2/$1 or I've seen them 4/$1. Do u go to a church? Maybe they can help?
Also you could put an add on craigslist looking for gently used baby stuff and explain your situation. Check to see if there is a freecycle in your area. It's an online website where people ask for things they need or give things away for others to reuse so that they're "recycled" rater then thrown out. It's totally free, ya never know there maybe somebody who has lots of baby stuff that they're looking to give to a good home. I would place a wanted add and explain your bedrest situation and it's put u out of work etc. :thumbup:

thanks hun. I went down and applied a few weeks ago. Basically (and I have contacted the fair hearing officer about this) the rule is is that if you are not working, they legally have to use whoever you are living with/is supporting you income. So they based it on my moms and she makes 2,000 more a year then the eligibility income allows. Its really dumb, I got really upset about it, why are they basing anything on my moms income when im a fully grown women and its my baby, not hers???? any way, they told me that right when the baby is here and I go back to work I can apply for WIC, food stamps, rental assistance, utility assistance, etc. I do meet those income eligibility guide lines with my job, but since my mom is apparently "supporting" me, I cant apply for any of those yet. Stupid..

Thanks for the advice :thumbup: i will def look up consignment shops etc. 99 cents each is absolutely a steal! At Wal-Mart the outfits I got were 4 dollars each which is good too. I don't go to my church anymore. Long story short when Sophia passed away the priest who i have known for years refused to say something for her at the funeral because I was not married. Its in Brooklyn, NY and i live in NJ. I looked on craigslist this morning and there are lots of posts for free stuff, most have pics and look in good condition!

Wow more girls!! Congrats ladies on your :pink: bundles! :happydance:

I'm envious of 2/$1 or 4/$1 baby clothes...the Goodwills here are way more expensive than that. Most baby sleepsuits and onesies are $3. A lot of it is nice Carters stuff though, so I am willing to pay. Plus it is the cheapest thing around!
I was just realizing that I had soooo many NB clothes for Munchkin, a lot of 0-3, some 3-6, but almost no 6-9 and above :shock: I know it made sense because I didn't know how fast he would grow, but I have to get on that!

Carters clothes are my favorite. Just a better fit, I'd think. As most know DD was born with birth defects. We got approved for BCMH, which is medical care for children born with medical handicaps. When I found out I was pregnant it was time for us to reapply. I needed to use the pregnancy because a fetus is considered an additional household member. They required pregnancy verification and my first Dr. appt. was still 3 weeks a way. So they sent me to this pregnancy clinic for a free pregnancy test.

While there I had to meet with a counsler. Her main job was finding out what I planned to do with the pregnancy and to let me know my options. She was really nice, I told her that we were trying and that I just needed verification. She then told me I could start coming in to watch videos, write book reports, do bible study and parenting classes with other expecting women. And that they paid for each thing I completed. Well, I jumped right on board and have been earning dollars since.

So, far I've bought nearly all of my maternity clothes with the money. And I've also gotten lots of baby clothes. I look forward to getting baby furniture and diapers starting in my 8th month. Before then you are only allowed clothes. In other good news you can continue to use your dollars and earn more through the whole first year.

Ich: If you had something like this in your area... they might be able to help you.

I also recommend buying end of season items that are marked way down if you can't make it work for baby this season buy for next season. I always buy dd's Christmas dress a year ahead at jcpenney or kohls. Where they're normally $40-$70 and I get them for less then $20 after Christmas. :thumbup:

Honestly I'd tell them that you're homeless. That'll put you on a list for housing etc and give you benefits u need now! You can give them ur moms address for mail. Tell them your in between friends couches and your car. The truth is you don't have your own place! Your mother isn't responsible for you so I don't think it's being untruthful. :thumbup:

Our goodwill doesn't always have those prices. But tey always have sales on Fridays. Normal items are $2.79 when not on sale. Which is still cheap! There are several wealthy cities near me so I usually go to see what they have for name brand stuff, like Gap, Old Navy, Carters etc. and I also buy a ton of things no matter the brand if they're not stained to send to family overseas. :thumbup:

Well they made a half day at dd's school and cancelled for tomorrow because of the tropical storm. :shrug: so we plan on making cupcakes and carving pumpkins tomorrow. :)

if you tell them your homeless they want proof, they look into all your info, like if you own a car, if you have credit cards, etc. so many people have lied and got caught so they are super strict about it now and you have to complete this assesment at social services to prove you have no roof over your head. My cousin was telling me about this girl who got arrested for lying to WIC. :dohh: im too paranoid to risk it. lol.

leinz is this like planned parenthood or something??

Sorry then ICH. It sucks the people who abuse it make it harder for those who need it. :( guess you got to wait til baby comes. :shrug:

yeah, its a big problem around here, like people who make 1000 bucks a week cash will go and apply for welfare.. its awful. id feel so guilty! lol.

im def feeling better about things. me and my mom are going to go to a consignment shop i found around me if my doc says I can go on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->