Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

aaww leinz im sure you guys will do something special in the evening. hope so!!

I've been to six stores and have been unable to find Funny Bones. I'm annoyed. :haha: In other news, we will probably go out to get our Christmas tree tonight so dd and I can pick away at the decorating while she's home from school this week. And I've decided to go out for thanksgiving rather then cook a big dinner for 3.5 people. I may get some stuff for dh to grill for lunch and do dinner out or something. I just know I can't do turkey and all the fixings by myself.

My family also goes out for thanksgiving. Much more relaxed haha!

ughhhh there is gonna be like .. 25 people in our apartment on thanksgiving. Im not even gonna be able to get around!!

We're going to get our christmas decorations out tomorrow, just for me to look through and see what we have, incase I need to make any extras :D i won't put up till December 1st, just because that's when we've always done it in my family as my brother and sisters birthdays are at the end of November so we never got excited about christmas till after we celebrated their birthdays.

When is thanksgiving?

Me and OH checked our decs a few days ago, we need everything but the tree :dohh:

Oh Ladies... Decorating for Christmas sounds so lovely. Unfortunatley, it's doubtful that I will be able to put my tree up. Well, maybe if they get my livingroom done. I don't want to do it here, because I'm unsure of where we will be Christmas morning.

For Thanksgiving, we are having it here... But Just DH, Chloe and I. I tried to talk DH into going out with family. But, eventually he talked me into doing all the cooking just for our little family. Then he tried to talk me into making wings instead of turkey. I drew the line there I want tradition and if we change it for just one year. I'm afraid it'll change it forever. So, I bought a butterball turkey breast. :)

That was me last year Leinz we were moving into our new house and I didn't get to do any decorating for Christmas. I was so sad cause I love decorating. I plan to go all out this year.

I am impressed by all the ladies that can fix up a thanksgiving dinner. I have taught myself what little I know about cooking which isn't much.

We moved in here a week before Xmas, the first thing I did after unpacking some of the kids toys was put the tree up :rofl:

Leinz even if you decorate a few days before christmas at least that is still something :hugs:

I didn't get to decorate last year either as we were living in a caravan, between houses :dohh: can't fit much in a caravan :haha:

Wow thanksgiving is Thursday, you must all be excited for your thankful feasts, I love turkey, we usually have that for christmas in England, i'll get it next year when i'm there, but this year I will be having the weird Swedish buffet christmas dinner. At least I should hopefully get a white christmas :D

Oooh I would love a white Christmas. I'm just hoping it snows at some point :haha:

That was me last year Leinz we were moving into our new house and I didn't get to do any decorating for Christmas. I was so sad cause I love decorating. I plan to go all out this year.

I am impressed by all the ladies that can fix up a thanksgiving dinner. I have taught myself what little I know about cooking which isn't much.

I don't do crazy meals for Thanksgiving. I cooked a full Thanksgiving last year by myself but stated it was my first, and last. :rofl: we had some family here and that's why. But usually we go out or I make Lasagna. Same goes for Christmas. I might start doing some real holiday cooking tho in the next couple years tho so the kiddos don't miss out.

You might be lucky wiggler, or unlucky lol it's not that great when it snows in England is it :haha: you had snow in November the year before last, and it hasn't snowed yet so maybe some will arrive for christmas this year :D Otherwise i'm sure you'll get some in the new year! I'm also from west sussex and I remember the November snow well, because I got stuck on the runway when I landed for over an hour waiting for them to clear the snow, was not a fun trip :(

The snow has been pathetic round here recently, last winter we had it once, less than an inch thick that melted after a few hours :dohh:

I remember when I was younger, it seemed like we would get at least one snow day every winter and it seemed really deep, but maybe it's just my childhood immagination working there :dohh:

The worst bit about the snow in England is how the whole country comes to a standstill, they need to get more prepared for it :haha:

Life goes on over here lol we get loads of it for 6 months, it's great, i've already made my first snowman this winter :haha:

I know, its ridiculous how this country reacts to the pitiful snow we do get, you would think every year it would change, but nope. We get a few inches and everything stops :dohh: :haha:

I have decided when the kids are old enough to appreciate it we are going on holiday one winter to somewhere nice and snowy :)

You definately should, it makes such a difference to go to a country that is prepared for it. Just make sure you research where you would go first as for instance, i'm right in the north of sweden and end of november to early january we get between 3 and 5 hours of daylight a day, so not much opportunity for being out and about in daylight, and also oct - december is a mixture of rain and snow so it's often slushy and crappy! February march and april are by far the best months to travel to somewhere like this, it's lighter, very snowy and getting warmer (for swedish winter standards) just some pointers to think about in the future :D

It gets light about 8am here at the moment and start to get dark around 2pm now, I can see why alot of Swede's suffer with SAD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->