Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

awww srrhc so happy for you honey!!

so GD testing/ob appt tomorrow..
i was told not to fast before the appt and eat a protein breakfast. i found that odd?

:happydance: srrhc that's great news!!! :happydance:

Ich - good luck tomorrow! I've heard that before about the protein breakfast. I think different places have different protocols. :thumbup:

thanks hun. was sure id have to fast but oh well. not going to complain

awww srrhc so happy for you honey!!

so GD testing/ob appt tomorrow..
i was told not to fast before the appt and eat a protein breakfast. i found that odd?

There are different types of gd tests. If u end up failing this one they will make u fast for the next. :thumbup:

My next ob appt is the 27th I think and he will be sending me for a growth scan. I can't wait for it and I wish it was sooner. I did a nst yesterday and am suppose to do one Thursday. And tho it would work best for me to do it then because dh will be home, I'm going to wait til Friday so that my dr isn't interrupted on thanksgiving. :thumbup:

Srrhc: Yay, beautiful beautiful baby you have there. My EDD is by LMP, although its 5 days off if you go by ovulation. My Dr. still wouldn't change it because it was within a week. :)

Ich: Yuck, GD test. I didn't do the protein breakfast. Good luck!

Snow: I'm sure it isn't a problem waiting until Friday. My Dr. came in and did an induction on Easter with DD. I also have an appt. on Nov. 27. But, I doubt I'll have a scan until 37ish weeks, I think.

Ya I think he just wants to make sure she's keeping up growth wise otherwise I think it'd be 37ish weeks. I'm just really nervous because she was still a little behind at my last ultrasound and its been over a month now since I've been measured. I mean she still has a heartbeat and plenty of fluid. She moves plenty (most days) and is passing her nst's and bpp's but still I want her to be growing at a rate she should be and if she's better off on the outside then so be it.

Dh and dd got the tree yesterday and dd and I just decorated it. Normally I don't do it so early, but I don't want dd to miss out on the experience in case things start getting a little more crazy. As for thanksgiving I've decided that I'm going to buy stuff for dh to grill so there'll be little to know prep work/cooking for me. :thumbup: and then for the other meal of the day we will probably go out. I think dd is still young enough that the traditional turkey dinner won't be missed. :thumbup:

Snow: Sounds wonderful. I'm hoping she stays cooking and has grown bunches. :) I'm cooking a turkey breast, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, peaches and rolls. Which shouldn't be to bad, for just the three of us.

I was going out again tonight as DH is home. But, he's sleeping, which is exactly what I expected he'd be doing. After he stayed up late last night and worked on our house all day. Its crazy how you know how they'll be and they say they won't be. Haha!

Oh ya. I forgot I want to vent. My mil is really irritating me. The hospital only allows 3 people in the delivery room. Which is what the rules were at the last hospital I delivered at but because my labor wa so "well controlled" they allowed 5 to stay. So anyways here's the issue. 3 people would automatically go to dh, my mom and mil. My mom and dh will be here I know this for sure. Well mil changes her mind daily about yes she will make it to "we'll see". So I have a friend here who is trying to become a doula and needs to attend so many births before she can finish. I would love to be able to help my friend, I've asked the hospital if a doula counts as one of ur 3 people or is a medical person and they said they count as one of your 3. So basically I'm about to just tell my friend she can attend and screw mil because I don't know if she'll be here or not. I mean I'm 34 weeks tomorrow. She's had plenty of time to figure it out. My mom bought her plane ticket several months ago. I don't want to wait til I'm in the delivery room to call my friend and tell her she can come but also don't want to tell her now she can and have mil show up an have her panties in a bunch. Ugh. Opinions ladies?

Ya. Normally I don't care about what others think or want, but I think dh would prefer his mother have the spot rather then my friend. I would feel like a jerk if she made the 1800 mile trip and I was like u got to go to the waiting room. :haha: and when she's "coming" she talks about being in the delivery room.

I also wanted to mention what the nurse at my last nst said. She said that there should be 10 movements in every two hour period. That babies nap for only 30-45 mins at a time and if ur not feeling movements lay on ur left side and drink a really cold drink and wait. If they don't reach 10 in two hours head in. :shrug: this is different from what I've been told before. Drives me a little crazy.

Snow I would say talk to your mil and tell her that you aren't trying to put pressure on her but you really need to know because it is getting seriously close. That is tough situation and I understand where you are coming from. Hopefully she will understand why you need to know now and can give you a real honest answer.

Leinz sorry DH is sleepy. It sounds like he had a busy couple of days. You are right about predicting their actions though! So true!

Snow: I agree with Srrhc... What great advice. I'm having my MIL, DH and my grandmother. However, I joke with them about a Zoela arriving in the middle of a snow storm. And my MIL will have a 3 hour drive. She said she wouldn't miss it. And she's probably right, I'll most likely be induced.

Srrhc: Yay, husbands are predictable. I understand that its been rough. Our lives are busy and I can't do the lifting. I pack the box, label and tape... And leave it for him. The previous owners built on a downstairs bathroom and didn't put a vaporizer down underneath the floor. And we've discovered they didn't put any foundation under that room either. So, they just got that done... DH said it should go faster now, I hope so.

Awww srrhc, I'm so happy for you :cloud9:

Snow - I wouldn't worry about MILs reaction, you are the one who will be pushing a baby out so it's up to you who is in there :)

Where movements are concerned I follow my babys pattern, if she is less active than normal I drink an ice cold drink and eat something loaded with sugar which always wakes her up, if it didn't I would get checked out. If I followed the 10 kicks rule I would live in the hospital :haha:

Congratulations srrhc! So very happy for you.

Snow, I agree with the above - it's completely up to you who you have in there. I think I'd have an honest chat with your MIL and explain why you need a decision from her either way. I don't even want visitors in the hospital unless I end up having to stay in for a few days for whatever reason. I'd rather people wait until we get home. I'm sure OH and his parents will be annoyed at that though! it's a discussion we're yet to have :)

I'm not having visitors at the hospital either unless I end up with a c-section, the my mum and kids can visit, I normally end up home very quickly so there would be no point in people visiting me :haha: I was discharged 4 hours after Bethany was born, it was brilliant to be home so quickly.

Wow they usually keep you in for 2 days for a vaginal birth and 3 days for a C-section. I was released within 21 hours with DD, because she was sent to Children's.

I also just try to figure out Zoela's movements. And anything cold does the trick. Or standing in the shower... gets her going.

And its always better to go in for any doubt.

I would miss my babies too much if I was kept in for that long, once I am cleaned up I just want to go home :haha:

Yes I'm hoping for a quick discharge! They don't tend to keep you in here unless they really need to and I'd like those first few hours as a family of three to be just us.

Ladies, Keep my friend Betheney in your thoughts please. She is having her baby either today or tomorrow at 33 weeks. They can't get her blood pressure under control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->