Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

With DD1 my water broke and I was in labor for about 10 hours then pushed her out in a half hour. With DD2 I had contractions that SLOWLY progressed over 24 hours when she was finally born (they had to break my water) and she came out in 3 pushes. They say you can feel the second baby kicking earlier - which was not the case for me - and they say that the second baby comes sooner - again NOT the case for me (except for the pushing...)

Oh no, my pregnancy and labor sound like yours with DD1 (except I had 6x as much pushing)...you mean I could be in for feeling kicks later and laboring for longer next time? I don't know if I like that :p (although of course a healthy pregnancy/baby is all that really matters!)

I think I'm also going to go quickly to the hospital. Last time my waters broke and I delivered K 4,5 hours later... and thats with an epidural when I was fully dilated which delayed things for 1 hour!! So it was a very quick labour!

I'm curious to see how things are going to go this time! :thumbup:

I love reading birth stories!
I had pre-e and was induced. I was put on pitocin at 9:30, had an epidural around 11 (i was only 2 1/2cm. I wanted to wait longer but the dr wouldnt let me as my BP was going crazy in response to the pain of the contractions and had my water broke at midnight. Tbh, the whole thing was kind of a fog to me. I was very tired as I had been in and out of the hospital numerous times that week due to my bp, and I hasn't been sleeping well due to my headaches and epi-gastric pain. So I kept drifting in and out of sleep. My epidural didn't take 100% so I was feeling quite a bit of pain along my right side. I had 5 shots of other pains meds that made me even groggier. I was fully effaced and dialated by 7am, but they wouldn't let me push due to high BP, so I continued to drift in and out of painful sleep until 10:30 when the nurse said the baby had to come out now. They called the Dr and a NICU team in my room, the dr cut me, I pushed 3 times and he used the forceps to get DD out. They put her on me for like 20 seconds and then gave her to the NICU team. As it was my first baby, I thought that was normal, but it wasn't. DD had should distosia (her shoulders got stuck) and it was affecting her heart rate. It didn't help the matter that I wasn't allowed to push.
She was perfectly fine though. She scared me as she didn't cry, but the nurses said she was as happy as could be and waving all her limbs around.
It may sound like a scary experience, but it wasn't at all. The nurses I had were fantastic, experienced nurses who showed no sign of concern to me.
It wasn't till after when I found out what happened and how serious it was for both DD and I (my bp got up to 230/135 while pushing!).
It also helped being so tired so I was able to sleep even in pain.

With DD1 my water broke and I was in labor for about 10 hours then pushed her out in a half hour. With DD2 I had contractions that SLOWLY progressed over 24 hours when she was finally born (they had to break my water) and she came out in 3 pushes. They say you can feel the second baby kicking earlier - which was not the case for me - and they say that the second baby comes sooner - again NOT the case for me (except for the pushing...)

Oh no, my pregnancy and labor sound like yours with DD1 (except I had 6x as much pushing)...you mean I could be in for feeling kicks later and laboring for longer next time? I don't know if I like that :p (although of course a healthy pregnancy/baby is all that really matters!)

Hahaha, don't let me scare you!!!!! :winkwink: I was certainly NOT prepared to have a longer labor the second time around...... :growlmad: I WISH THE RUMORS HAD BEEN TRUE FOR ME!!!! It make me wonder what will happen if I decide to have a third baby.... at this rate it will be a two day labor :dohh:

Wow all of your birthing stories are interesting, at this point i'm imagining there will be no pain and that it will be very quick :rofl: in my dreams, but what you don't know can't hurt... till it's too late :haha:

Also just noticed wigglers ds's 4th birthday today, happy birthday :cake:

Thanks hun, but it was a while ago, I need to go fix that ticker :haha:

If it helps though I wasn't in much pain at all with my daughter, it was brilliant :)

:haha: oh well happy birthday for a while ago then :D

I've watched some lovely vids on you tube, the ladies mostly had home water births and they were really nice to watch and had me blubbing like a baby. We'll be at the hospital, and although they let you in the tub, they don't let you deliver in there here, but it was still nice to see such positive births :D so it does help to hear people say they had nice unpainful experiences, even if it was with your second :D

I would love a water birth, but the rules are that you need to be able to get into and out of the tub yourself, so I don't think I can have one, stupid SPD :cry: It's a shame because being n the water would be brilliant for my pelvis.

5ish weeks til the all important physio and MW appointments, I'm dreading them :cry:

Yeah that would probably be the ultimate solution for you, what with being weightless in water :hugs: sorry it's not an option :hugs:

I hope your appt's will go fine :hugs:

I'm dreading the MW one more than the physio, I have to ask the MW for a referral to a consultant to be able to put in my birth plan that if stirrups are needed to take me for a c-section instead, they are going to think I'm mad :dohh:

I'm sure they won't think you're mad, they'll understand once they know the reason for it :D

Have you given birth at the same hospital for both pregnancies? I can't remember where in West sussex you said you were, do you go to St Richards? My friends sister gave birth at southlands over in shoreham for her first and then st richards for her second, she said it was way better at st richards :D

Yups, had both at St Richards, my son was before the refurb, and my daughter was after. It's lovely over there, and only 5 mins in a taxi from my flat :happydance:

wow no wonder you stayed home as long as possible, it's about 35-40 mins from her!!

I couldn't imagine trying to get there in rush hour though, the A27 from Arundel gets so back up doesn't it :haha:

Over here I have a few route options depending on weather and time, there is a small car ferry that goes every half hour, although in an emergency you can phone ahead and they will do a special trip for you, but it stops at midnight and starts again at 5 or 6 I think, but if there is still too much ice after the winter then it won't be running yet, then we have to take a massive detour doubling our travel time from 20 mins to 40 mins. And in the unlikely event that I go early or that we have a weird season change and there is still proper ice, then we drive across the river on an ice road :D

Yellow bump turned BLUE, Raif Shaheed, born today via c-section at 426pm. 8 pounds 9 ounces and mom and baby are doing well! He is on some anti-biotics for some spots on his lungs but we had a good long cuddle before bed this evening before he went back to the nursery! We are beyond excited and totally in love!

Attachments

• Raif.jpg
    Raif.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 5
Congrats Krippy!! Time to turn your pregnancy ticker into an age counter! He's precious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->