Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Good luck today Sevilla, I'm sure it will go fine :) x x x

Hey ladies. What do y'all plan on bringing as a distraction during labor?

Had an appt yesterday and my fluid was borderline low so hopefully my levels go back up by my next nst. The lady asked if I thought I was leaking so it has me freaking out a little. I was planning to put my next nst off a few days but I certainly won't be doing that now. So now I'm paying close attention to kick counts and waiting for my next nst. :thumbup:
Tomorrow is my babyshower that the church ladies are throwing me. It's going to be super small and I don't even care about presents, I'm just excited for the adult interaction. :happydance: probably will be a low key day today my feet are killing me which confuses the heck out of me as I'm not on them much. :shrug:

First time I didn't take much, and regretted it, it was long and drawn out and I really wish I had more than a rubbish MP3 player to keep me occupied. With Bethany I stayed at home as long as possible and was online the whole time, and this time I will probably do the same, then when it's time to leave I will be packing my iphone and laptop :)

First time I didn't take anything as I was in hospital by accident when labour started :haha:

This time I'm planning to take some music, and even some episodes of a funny series that always makes me laugh... I'm wondering if I will want to watch it but then I guess there is no harm in having it with me just in case..

Not thought of anything else? I just want to delay going in as much as possible! :thumbup:

I like our pediatrician a lot. I hadn't met him before Munchkin was born but I spoke to him on the phone, to get a sense for his style and to confirm that he had space for us. He had excellent Yelp reviews and when I was setting up the phone conversation everyone I spoke to in the office said things like "Oh, you're lucky he is accepting new patients right now, you will love him!" which helped too. :) I also love that the clinic is about 2 minutes from our house! Because of my insurance I have to have my own doctors at a clinic about half an hour away in order to get the lowest copay. It's such a pain, and Munchkin doesn't like car rides, so I'm sure if his doc were far away he'd always be in a terrible mood when we arrived there. This way he is his usual happy self!

Snow, I just had my laptop, and I used it a bit during labor, but not for very long. Have you used a TENS machine? I found that that helped me early on. And my exercise ball was a lifesaver. That said, I used my laptop a TON when we were in the hospital after birth, so it was a must for me for that reason alone.

First time I didn't take anything as I was in hospital by accident when labour started :haha:

This time I'm planning to take some music, and even some episodes of a funny series that always makes me laugh... I'm wondering if I will want to watch it but then I guess there is no harm in having it with me just in case..

Not thought of anything else? I just want to delay going in as much as possible! :thumbup:

First time I didn't take much, and regretted it, it was long and drawn out and I really wish I had more than a rubbish MP3 player to keep me occupied. With Bethany I stayed at home as long as possible and was online the whole time, and this time I will probably do the same, then when it's time to leave I will be packing my iphone and laptop :)

I'm just trying to get ideas. I didn't do pain meds with my first and any little noise or talking pissed me off to the max :rofl: so I don't think I can do music or movies. I had crossword puzzles and a game boy last time. At one point I asked dh to give me the crossword puzzle book and take the game boy. He asked why and I said because when I throw the book it won't break. :haha: I think I'm going to buy a few magazines. I'll have laptop and iPod just not sure ill use them. :shrug: I'm already starting to freak out about coping. :rofl:

Oh. And I'm assuming I will be there from start of labor as I'll probably be induced. Tho I am going to try my hardest to go into labor on my own an stay home as long as possible. Last time the first contraction I felt was after I was hooked up to pitocin.

Everything bothered me too. But I'm thinking maybe some classical type of music. No lyrics... Then it won't be distracting but it might be relaxing.. :shrug:

I'm also planning on using water if I can. Last time I was strapped on a bed so not much I could do but I would love to see if water helps me relax a bit! :thumbup:

Everything bothered me too. But I'm thinking maybe some classical type of music. No lyrics... Then it won't be distracting but it might be relaxing.. :shrug:

I'm also planning on using water if I can. Last time I was strapped on a bed so not much I could do but I would love to see if water helps me relax a bit! :thumbup:

I want a water birth so bad especially since I don't use pain meds but dh doesn't want the baby to drown. :dohh: I told him to do his research. Our hospital doesn't offer it and I don't think I'd be allowed with my complications anyways. :shrug: I don't want to be stuck to the bed either. But if I'm on pitocin it's likely I'll have to be. Tho I met one nurse at my nst that said she let people walk and move around in their room as long as they could still be monitored. If dr lets me go to 39 weeks then I'd be induced December 26th. If that's the case my church does like 6 Christmas services so I plan on volunteering for all 6 to jumpstart labor. :rofl:

:haha: That was funny! Well I hope you get to be able to move around!! I found it so hard to not to last time. Its tough without meds. You need to be able to help your body. Try and ask your husband in advance to support you on this and make them let you move around. :thumbup:

I hope you get to 39 weeks and manage to volunteer yourself out of an induction! :winkwink:

S: That is wonderful. I'm glad you like your pediatrian. Just 2 minutes away. :) I can't believe DS doesn't like car rides. DD always loved them and they put her to sleep.

Sevilla: I'm sure you'll do fine. I can't believe your baby is almost 4 weeks old already. The time sure flies! Yes, the scale change is something.

Ladies: I don't know what I'll take to keep occupied. I also was induced the first time around and really couldn't stand anything. I am happy they have showers now, though and I'd love to birth in there for a bit. I was also on pitocin for a bit, had to stop it because I was already in labor after the cervadil. They let me be up and about, until I had to be put on magnesium sulfate... Thats when they inserted a cathertar and I was stuck to bed. I hate that... My hospital already has lava lamps and birthing balls in every unit.

Oh yeah, 200 days ago... I found out I was Pregnant! :wohoo:

My worry with labour is that I will stay home til it's too late, it nearly happened with Bethany. I only went in because every 5 minutes my mum would call me in a panic screeching that I needed to go to hospital and so I went to shut her up and Bethany was born an hour later, I thought I had ages left :haha:

I don't want to end up in hospital too early, I hate hospitals and a quick in and out is all I want :haha:

No blaming you there. I wonder if you could check yourself for dilation. And its common for labor to go much quicker with subsequent pregnancies. How long is the typical hospital stay? I've been hearing releases in 6-12 hours. Here its common to stay 2 days for vaginal and 3 for C-section.

I was released at 22 hours with DD. But, they couldn't have kept me longer. DD was transported out and it killed me to be away from her as it was.

I left about 4 hours after the birth, I am aiming for the same this time :D

I will probably go in pretty soon after things get started, I can see her coming pretty fast if she is in a good position, and I can always keep myself busy in hospital with my laptop and phone :haha:

That is madness, Wiggler! 4 hours! They'd never let me leave 4 hours after labor. I guess I could always sign myself out. And that would relieve my sadness about the night alone in the hospital. As DH is going to have to go home to be with DD.

I'm not worried about being bored in there... I figure pain and then I'm going to hog my baby! This time I'm sure I'll not let her go easily at all. With DD, I let DH and everyone hold her. Well, I did first but I would've longer, had I known we'd be seperated. That night alone I cried and cried. I sent DH to be with DD. The hospital had other nurses try to console me. They had DD's nurse call me from the other hospital. But, nothing in the world worked, I just wanted my DD. And I was soooo scared, as we were yet to know what was wrong. What a beautiful but traumatic day. Family kept showing up to visit, but there was no baby to see. I eventually released the news on FB, because I just couldn't deal with people anymore.

Thanks hun. But, really no need for hugs! Everything turned out beautiful and wonderful. I wouldn't trade my DD for the world. :) And now I'm very excited about a whole different experience with Zoela.

At my 4D scan, I got more than a picture! I know for sure she does not have Pierre Robin Sequence like DD. (If she did, it wouldn't be the end of the world.) But, yet I wouldn't want her the pain. Anyways, Zoela stuck out her tongue at Daddy and I. DD could've never did that. And also... her jaw is perfect. It actually looks more perfect than a whole lot of babies who have no problems at all. :)

That's brilliant news! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I can't believe we are going to have our babies soon, after the MC's I never thought I would be this far :cloud9:

This is definitely my last baby too, which makes me sad, but I can't ever put my body, OH or the kids through me being pregnant again :( Not looking forward to asking the docs to sterilise me, they are going to try to fob me off :nope:

I know right! We are having our babies sooooon! :) Ahh... I think when I'm carrying #3, I will also be sad. I do plan on that being our last also. But, I don't think I could be sterilized. I think I would do birth control and be ok with a pleasant surprise if it happened again.

DH jokes that our house is big enough for 5 kids. But, I can't see myself with that many. It is amazing that we are here. MC is so hard and being PAL is hard... It's alot rougher to rest easy for sure. I still worry some days.

Good talking to you Wiggler. But, I better go get something done before DH gets home. And DD has cherrios all over my floor. Gotta love toddlers. What happened to the day you could leave them lying there, come back... and they wouldn't have moved at all? Those days don't last long at all for sure. :)

It is so interesting how everyone has such different experiences... especially when they all turn out good!!!

With DD1 my water broke and I was in labor for about 10 hours then pushed her out in a half hour. With DD2 I had contractions that SLOWLY progressed over 24 hours when she was finally born (they had to break my water) and she came out in 3 pushes. They say you can feel the second baby kicking earlier - which was not the case for me - and they say that the second baby comes sooner - again NOT the case for me (except for the pushing...)

The other difference was that I let the nurses take DD2 out of the room at night and bring her back for feedings (with DD1 I didn't let her out of my sight!!!!) because I knew this time it was the only sleep I'd be getting for awhile. And with two kids at home... I have the bags under my eyes to prove it!! :)

Also - I am with you Leinz - I didn't need much at the hospital to kill time. I didn't even turn on the tv. I brought my music into their jacuzzi tub for awhile, had the internet, and just focused on getting through the contractions. BUT I did pack plenty to do (magazines etc) because every experience is different and it's best to be prepared!!! So, ladies, pack whatever you think will get you through, even if you don't use it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->