Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

OMG! We are not even going to get me going about my mother...

LOL Leinz. My mother is something as well. Can be a fantastic, caring woman when she wants to be, but most of the time is just a miserable, wants to bring everyone else down, negative, intrusive b!&@$. I feel so so bad for my hubby, well and for me too! :haha:
My inlaws are all Spanish and they are very family orientated. My MIL is very nosey and opinionated, but since they live on the other side of the ocean (us in Canada, them in Spain), I don't mind that much.

well i have gd =[
im worrie that it wasnt diagnosed until 30 weeks.. seeing a diabetic counselor tomorrow. leinz whats it been like so far with it? the nurse basically said no sugar or carbs and to see the counselor. seriously? lol ,

im also worried it wasnt diagnosed till 30 weeks =[ ive been eating awful too some days..

:hugs: ich I've got my test tomorrow prob won't get results for couple of days I'll be 30 weeks too x

is this ur 1 hr or 3 hr hun??

im anxiously awaiting for leinz to sign on lol..

Em it's a 2 hour :wacko: I've just googled what to eat if diagnosed with gd looks like I'll be starving for the next 10 weeks if I do x

i googled it too! sounds awful.. too bad i just baked some delicious cake yesterday =[ =[ =[ =[

Ich I am sorry you've got GD. :hugs:

I had it last time. I was basically told to eat meat or fish with veg.. no potatoes, or pasta or much bread... just little quantities.. and avoid too much sugar.

Also, one really important thing according to my doctor then was to never go for more than 4 hours without even a snack, or a glass of milk. He even asked me to drink a glass of milk before bed as its not good to let your sugar levels drop too much for some reason.

Switch your pastas and breads to wheat Ich it's better for diabetes. I'm not sure how bad urs will be but last pregnancy I could still eat almost whatever I wanted for the most part. It's all about 5-6 smaller meals a day rather then 3 big meals. If you need help or have questions let me know. :thumbup:

thanks ladies, snow do you have it this time too? i didnt even ask what the number was. lol, i really know nothing about this, so is pasta and bread okay if its whole wheat? and no potatoes!!?!?

Pasta and breads are better if they are wheat but still should be limited. I'd stay away from potatoes and fries etc. and other things with high carbohydrates you should stay away from too. I'm sure they'll send u to a nutritionist who will help you with a diet/meal plan. Like I Said I could eat almost anything but there are others go are very strict with their diets and still end up on insulin. So I'd play it safe til you start checking your sugars.

This pregnancy is weird. I failed my first two glucose tests in early pregnancy and passed the one at 28 weeks. :shrug: so dr is still having me follow the diet I just don't have to check my sugar 4 times a day. I do still have a meter and have checked my sugar randomly when I feel off. :thumbup:

will my health insurnace cover the meter?? haha ugh, great, juts bought groceries last night, a bunch of stuff i wont be eating!

I would see what your dietician says Ich. It depends on what your individual levels are and how your body is coping with the GD. Pretty much all breads are wheat, they are just bleached wheat. There isn't really a difference in the carb count. As a start I would avoid processed sugar entirely. You may try replacing certain high carb things with lower carb things (for instance switch wheat tortillas for corn tortillas). Try to avoid potatoes, breads, & pastas. Just doing that should put you on the right path.

thanks ladies, i think my biggest weakness will be dessert, i crave sweets so much this pregnancy and i am always baking! just last night i made cake!

Sorry about the GD, lch :hugs: I bet everything will be fine, don't worry about not having caught it until now. You've had scans recently, right? I think one of the things they worry about is that the baby will grow too large, but you would probably know that already if that were the case so far, if you've had scans.

well i was annoyed, because at my last OB appt my belly was measuring big, so at my ultrasound last week i asked how much bubs weighed, and she said she wasnt going to check that till 35 weeks, but i think that will change now ive been diagnosed with it.

I'm sorry you had GD, Ich. I wasn't diagnosed much before you were. 28+2, and Zoela has been measuring on the small side. I haven't changed much with my diet at all. I check my sugar 4 times a day and it has been good. I still have chocolate cake or a soda every once in awhile. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I had thought it would be.

They will watch you, hun! Thats what the Dr. is for.

They won't be able to do anything about baby's size right now, anyways. And you can't eliminate all carbs, you need some to keep your brain running. As for a meter, your health insurance can cover it. Mine does. Good thing to because the test strips are about $100 a box.

GD doesn't mean everything bad. It means your placenta is working so well its using more of your insulin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->