Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Thats the same as it was for me. So, I decided to not follow it. It's a baseline. I just watch the carbs and monitor my levels. They have stayed fine... Only once did they go through the roof with a 170 reading and that was after I ate chinese.

I also used to drink a lot of milk. Like 2-3 glasses a day. But, thats carbs to so I limit myself and spread it out of a period of time. Every now and then I still go out for a burger and fries with a water and my levels are good. I have also did a burger with a salad and a medium soda... Levels still good.

But, its also easier to not eat alot because my stomach is flat. Zoela is growing and I can't eat a whole lot in one sitting.

I've had a candybar as a snack... And levels remained good. You just manage it.

Well DD stayed home from school because my inlaws arrived late the night before and when she's too tired she's naughty at school. :dohh:
So I went to my 37 week appt and ran errands. It was nice to accomplish so much without dd's "help" :rofl: and when I got home dd and my fil were playing games on the iPad and had cleaned up the kitchen and dishes. :thumbup:

So appt update. I told dr my concerns about cervadil sending me into labor in the middle of the night. His reply was, well then we deliver in the middle of the night. :dohh: I think he was saying it as tho he didn't mind if he had to deliver then. And then I said I'd prefer not laboring all night and he sait it was fine and I could go in at 4 in the morning instead of 7 at night. :dohh: then he said he'd have to check me on the 24th to make sure I'm favorable etc, which got me thinking maybe he don't plan to check me anymore til labor? :shrug: And shhhh. I didn't ask but I plan on taking myself off pelvic rest to help this process along. :thumbup:

I went to my regular 34 week OB appt. today. My blood pressure was excellent 128/74. (This was when it spiked with DD, so I was very pleased.) I go every week now and next week I have my group B Strep test and I also start having cervical checks for dilation, enfacement and station... My nurse told me to be prepared to go bottoms off from here on out. Exciting Eeeek! It was pleasant to hear "You're in your final weeks." :)

I asked my Dr. if I had to have the group B strep as I was positive with DD. I had an IV with antiobotics with DD during labor. He said "I did have to have the test again, because just because I was positive before didn't mean that I will be this time."

I was induced because of hypertension and had DD at 39w2d.

Snow: Happy Full Term! Yay, for Watermelon. :yipee: :yipee:

Ich: Don't let it all scare you! :hugs:

I was positive for group b strep for DD1 but not for DD2... so it's possible!!! AND it was much more pleasant to not need the iv until I was ready for the epidural :flower:

Well DD stayed home from school because my inlaws arrived late the night before and when she's too tired she's naughty at school. :dohh:
So I went to my 37 week appt and ran errands. It was nice to accomplish so much without dd's "help" :rofl: and when I got home dd and my fil were playing games on the iPad and had cleaned up the kitchen and dishes. :thumbup:

So appt update. I told dr my concerns about cervadil sending me into labor in the middle of the night. His reply was, well then we deliver in the middle of the night. :dohh: I think he was saying it as tho he didn't mind if he had to deliver then. And then I said I'd prefer not laboring all night and he sait it was fine and I could go in at 4 in the morning instead of 7 at night. :dohh: then he said he'd have to check me on the 24th to make sure I'm favorable etc, which got me thinking maybe he don't plan to check me anymore til labor? :shrug: And shhhh. I didn't ask but I plan on taking myself off pelvic rest to help this process along. :thumbup:

So does this mean a Christmas baby!?

Glad the appointment went well snow!! :thumbup:

Leinz- or anyone else really. Please enlighten me.. lol what is the point of having cervical checks every week? I mean yes I get that you can see how you get on but it won't really change anything... so why do it? Am I missing something here? :shrug:

Glad the appointment went well snow!! :thumbup:

Leinz- or anyone else really. Please enlighten me.. lol what is the point of having cervical checks every week? I mean yes I get that you can see how you get on but it won't really change anything... so why do it? Am I missing something here? :shrug:

Happyface I think every doctor/midwife is different in their practice. For me, I was given the option. They said some women just like to know!!! For my first I had it checked because I was on bed rest with complications. With my second I had it checked because if it seemed to be dilated and effaced enough, I wanted time to prepare to get my DD#1 to my mothers house etc. Plus DD#1 came fast, so if I was dilated/effaced enough, I wanted to be sure I was close enough to the hospital.

Does that make sense?

Sure enough with DD#2 they checked me and I was 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced... so I knew to put my mom on call for child care!!!

thanks leinz, is there ever a too low reading?? she said morning reading shouldnt be above 90 and after meals not above 120 but she didnt say anything about being too low. Like, yesterday after lunch and dinner, it was 80 and then 83. This morning was 73. is that low?

Sevilla - I see your point! Thanks! :thumbup:

Ich - I think lower than 80 is low.. but that just means you won't need to be as careful yet which is a good thing! :thumbup: I think it might get a bit worse as the pregnancy progresses so its good to always check it but it seems that you might not have to be THAT careful! :thumbup:

I don't think there is a point to it as a routine thing. I asked not to know about mine until 39 weeks when my BP went up a bit...I wanted to know if I should get acupuncture in case I might have to be induced sooner than expected. But my original plan was just to ask at 40 weeks whether I could have a sweep done.
My doula encouraged me to ask about station because there are exercises you can do that supposedly help baby engage.

Well I can see both sides... I personally wouldn't have it done.. not sure if they do it here, don't think so. I like things to go as natural as possible and I like not knowing when peanut is going to make his appearance. But I can see why some people would like to know! :thumbup:

You had a doula? Where you happy with her? I got one this time! :thumbup:

No, I think the NHS doesn't do it until 40 weeks when they offer a sweep (right? I forget).

We were not that happy with our doula in the end...she did help some beforehand. It was good to meet with her, go through my birth plan with her, and get advice on various things. And borrowing her TENS unit was helpful. But she missed almost all of my labor :dohh: in part it was an unfortunate coincidence, but I blame her for it partly as well. I wonder whether I could have avoided the epidural if she had been there.

My induction started Sunday at midnight with Cervidil. She had an appointment that she couldn't reschedule on Monday morning, so she arranged to have a backup doula available during that time (this is the coincidence part, I don't blame her for this, especially since she arranged a backup). She figured based on her experiences with Cervidil that not much would happen, and Pitocin would start Monday around noon, right when she would be able to come from her appointment. So she met us at the hospital when we checked in on Sunday evening, when I was having mild contractions, then we agreed that it would make sense for her to go home for the night and come after her appointment, and that we would "call if anything changed." Well, things happened pretty fast...we did call her a few times during the night, but somehow she never got the message that we would appreciate having her there. At 8 I was asking for the epidural, and at that point DH called her again and she finally called the backup doula, but due to the traffic it took the backup nearly an hour to reach us. (Bad choice of backup, I think -- maybe find someone closer to our hospital!) Our doula finally came from her appointment around 11 or 11:30, well into pushing.

Of course, I have little memory of what we said over the phone...DH and I both definitely remember wanting her to come, but we probably could have been more insistent. But that could happen to anyone. Isn't it her job to listen for clues of how fast things are going? I don't really understand why she didn't come...either she just wanted to believe that nothing was happening because she wanted to get some sleep (that's the cynical interpretation), or maybe she honestly could not believe that Cervidil could kick start my labor the way it did. I don't know...the second possibility is nicer, but I find it a little implausible. Even I had heard of people only needing Cervidil (like Leinz!) and I'm not a doula. So, I don't know.

Yeah I wouldn't be happy either..... she should get the message and if in doubt just say: would you like me to come in?? Its a simple question. . . I'm sorry she disappointed you! The whole purpose of having them is to not have to worry about anything else and she put an extra worry on you. Silly doula! :dohh:

Thanks. It just left a bad taste. I think it is a great idea to hire one though. I hope you have a good experience!

I don't really think there is a reason to do cervical checks. My Dr. does them from 35 weeks, I'd think because he has your pants down anyways. As he does group B strep. I was always discouraged hearing "no change" and worried I was going to have the baby after any appt. I went for NST every 2-3 days. But, I only got my cervix checked once a week. On the day of my scheduled induction I had a NST and my cervix was checked and there was still no change. I was 39w1d. I went in at like 4pm with cervadil inserted at 5pm. But, it fell out sometime before midnight and I didn't realize it until about midnight. I had it reinserted and labor started instantly...

They told me to sleep but I couldn't. DH slept and I layed there watching the hours pass. I woke him at 5am and he changed his clothes and groomed.

At 5am I was so uncomfortable... and my water broke at about 8am. Chloe arrived at 11:44am. I had pictocin started at 5am but it was quickly took off. My blood pressure shot up to 195/111 and I was placed on magnesium sulfate.

I love and trust my Dr. so I just go with his protocols.

Snow: Won't be long for you now... I don't figure you would labor all night. Second babies normally come quicker. I think average labor is 6 hours.

All these stories are kind of freaking me out. I had a lovely labor with DD, and I plan to have another one with Colton. LOL. Best laid plans of mice and men eh?

Mighty Mom: Labor wasn't bad for me. At the time it wasn't either. Didn't have anything to compare it to.

I'm getting super excited! Three January Jellybeans have now been born... They are arrriving. 1 at 33w5d and one last night at 37w1d and another today at 37w1d.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->