Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Hi ladies!

srrhc please update soon!

Yesterday i saw my gestational diabetes counselor. She sent me for an ultrasound. Baby is measuring perfect! 4 lb 2 oz, 50th percentile :happydance: and i got some amazing pics of his face in 3d. I dont have a scanner anymore so i cant post them boo!
She said my numbers look good, but yesterday night was high, and this morning my fasting was 96. its supposed to be under 90, so im worried.

Im also really annoyed. My dad ordered me a beautiful crib/changer/dresser combo and had it sent to me. So i call FOB and he comes and puts it together. Well the last peice of the changing table/dresser was broken, it has a huge crack in it and its completely unusable. Its the left panel. So i called and was told theyd sent the piece out and id get an email when it was sent out. Okay, well this was almost 2 weeks ago. No email and no piece. And its really starting to bother me.. everytime I call they say its being made. Gr. So i had to get my dad to call (hes more confrontational :haha:) im waiting for him to call me back.. :growlmad: im starting to get super stressed. i feel seriously unprepared! I still need so many things. Anyone have any experience renting breast pumps from the hospital? How much was it? They are so damn expensive and ill need to be pumping alot so its a must have.

Aww ich I am sorry about the piece. Your dad sounds like mine. I always call him if I cant fix something. Daddy's are so good with stuff like that haha!

I am so happy that baby is looking good and healthy! It won't be long before you hold him in your arms.

I am getting ready to leave with DH for our appointment. It is my 2nd one so I am not too sure what they do at the second one. I hope DH gets to hear HB though because he didn't get to go to the first one when I heard the HB.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Lots of good updates in here!

thanks hun! i cant wait to meet him!!

have they said they'd do a scan? hope they do so DH can see!

Everything went great at the appointment. No scan but DH got to hear the babies heartbeat on the Doppler. He was amazed and couldn't stop smiling. He asked why it was so fast haha! Poor thing. I have lost 3 pounds but it was from being sick I guess. My next appointment is at 15 weeks.

aww hun thats great! - awesome ur docs do dopplers at 10 weeks. mine doesnt until 16! and he couldnt find mine at 16 i was terrified, but i have an anterior placenta. i got a scan asap!

Wow I bet that was scary ich. Well you have no worries about that now huh? Little guy is growing and healhy!

Ich: Yay, for getting a crib. I wish they would hurry up and send the repaired part. Hopefully, they get in gear after your father talks to them.

As for the breast pump... Maybe see if WIC will help you get one. Sometimes Dr. offices may help you obtain one. Is your Mom still throwing you a baby shower? Maybe you can stress your need for one and everyone who attends can pitch in for one or something.

They have a Lantosh (Spelling that wrong) double electric pump for $140 at Walmart. I planned on getting it. Until I had my breastfeedling class and they suggested since I'm a SAHM, I'd only need a manual pump. I purchased a Ameda for $30 at baby depot.

I have really lucked out with the pregnancy clinic. As I've been able to find bottles that are used to freeze milk new in the package. And also a lovely blue nursing cover, even though I intended on just using recieving blankets.

Srrhc: Your news is wonderful. I'm glad that you and DH got to hear a lovely HB. Are you thinking :pink: or :blue:? I'm so happy for you, hun! :)

lch as of Aug 1st 2012 all insurances are now required to cover breast pumps!!!!! https://www.ivillage.com/how-get-breast-pumps-covered-insurance/6-a-477000 not sure if you are insured or not, but thought I would pass the info along :)

Pregnancy clinics sound awesome. I don't think I have one around me.

Leinz I haven't really had an instincts yet. I thought I would by now. Dh and I are decided if we want to do a private scan at 16 weeks since our next ultrasound isn't until 20 weeks. Surprisingly right now I am pretty patient towards finding out the gender but I bet as I get closer I will get more eager haha!

Sevilla: I saw that myself. But, I thought it meant if you were to get new insurance and didn't work with existing.

Srrhc: I couldn't wait to know... Haha! I had the private ultrasound at 14+4. :) With DD, I thought :pink: but this time I was wrong thinking :blue:. Enjoy the ultrasounds they are rare. I'm hoping I get one more... will find out next week because if so it'll be at 37 weeks. (DD had one then.) Through my Dr. I had ultrasounds at 9w2d & 19w2d.

I didn't have gestational diabetes with DD. But, this pregnancy has been less complicated than hers. With DD I had a blood clot at 8 weeks, and from 34 weeks I had High blood pressure.... This time nothing but gestational diabetes. I'm on :cloud9: about that. And I'm getting very excited for Sunday. As I can't deliever at my local hospital unless I'm 36 weeks and I really want Zoela born there. DH and DD were both born there. :)

I'm very uncomfy and was worried about preterm labor. But, I Dr. googled my symptoms and its super common for your body to start preparing for labor around the 35th week. So, who knows... I'll probably go to atleast 39 weeks. :)

yeah i thought it was only if you get new insurance. hmm.. maybe ill call my insurance company.

leinz have you had any cervical checks?

Ich: Can't hurt to check it out. No, I didn't get the cervical check that my Dr. said he'd do yesterday. I told him about my constant pushing down, achy lower back, belly and 8 braxton hicks in one hour. He said it was normal for how low Zoela is and my gestation. He said he wasn't going to check me because he didn't want to irritate my cervix. And also that it wouldn't be uncommon to have some enfacement or dilation. You can walk around like that for weeks.

Zoela is packed for the hospital. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
I don't believe it's for new insurance... ALL insurances are required by law. I have been on the same insurance for awhile, but it renews yearly, so once it renews I am eligible for the pump. So, it certainly doesn't hurt to read the article, be informed and call your insurance and demand some answers!!! Good luck ladies :)

Hey ladies. So yesterday throughout the day I was more aware of my Braxton Hicks than normal, they just seemed a bit more pronounced. But I went along throughout my day, not thinking too much about them. After dinner, I really started to notice them again, but tried to keep my mind off of them. Around 7, hubby was bathing DD and I just told him I wanted to go lay down for a little bit to see if they would stop. I drank a whole lot of water and tried moving into different positions - they didn't stop. I blow-dried DD's hair and put her to bed. At 8:30 hubby and I were cuddling in bed and I got out my phone with my pregnancy app that also monitors contractions. So I started to input them in my phone, and realized they were 2 - 4 minutes apart and lasting 30 - 45 seconds. This went on for half an hour. I called a close family friend who works at a high risk labour and delivery hospital in the States to get her opinion. She told me to go to the hospital. So off we went...
Got there, got hooked up to the monitor - contractions (still no pain, besides the odd cramp here or there) were 1 - 3 1/2 mins apart. I was trying to keep as calm as possible, as I have an anxiety disorder and tend to catastrophize things quickly.
Dr came in after a while (they were super busy!) and did a fetal fibronectin test, which is basically a pap swap in which they look for a protein that if present, could indicate preterm labour. He also did a cervical check and my cervix was closed! Great news!
Test results came back negative - fantastic news. Dr explained that when this test comes back negative, it means that it's 99.2% certain that labour will NOT start in the next 10 - 14 days.
He prescribed me progesterone 100mg to take 3x a day to help relax my uterus. He also wants me to take it really easy over the next week until I see my OB on Thursday. He said that I am now considered at a higher risk for preterm labour, but at least I can be 99.2% certain that it won't be in the next 2 weeks.
I never expected this. High blood pressure, pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome were the only possible complications on my mind.
I'm scared yet relieved at the same time. I'm relieved because I have pretty good reassurance that baby is safe for the next couple weeks, but scared poopless of what's in store after. Dr said that the test can be repeated every two weeks.
Now I just can't wait to see my OB on Thursday to talk to him about everything.

Sorry for my novel - I just had to get it all out!

Torres: How scary, hun! I'm sorry to hear you went through that all yesterday. I didn't even know they had such a test. It's a good thing they do, though. I'm glad you aren't going to go into labor and they gave you progesterone to calm your uterus.

As scary as it is... You are being monitored well and Baby has an excellent rate of survival at this point. :hugs:

torres im so glad your okay hun, the progesterone is brilliant for your cervix and uterus. The ffn test is great too, it has false positives but rarely a false negative! I think you shold request a TVU, to check your cervix for any internal shortening or dialation

Thanks Leinz. Yeah I was super surprised about that test. Without it I think I would be utterly freaking out, although I'm still not 100% confident, but I have to keep up the positive self talk!
TVU - trans-vag ultrasound? Yeah, I was kind of hoping that they would do an u/s to check my cervix, but the Dr seemed content with the internal and the FFN result.
Ich - Are you on progesterone to help prevent preterm labour? How strict of a bed rest are you on?

Yes it's a transvaginal.. they really should just to see ur length. Not trying to worry u hun. I'm on progesterone since 15 weeks. So far seems to be doing its job. I was on modified bed rest from 20-28 weeks. Then strict till 30 weeks and now I am told to rest when I can bc my cervix has remained stable for the last month. I was put on strict for two weeks because I was all the way funneled to my cerclage. However it hasn't changed since so doc is no longer worried. I'd call and request a tvu. While the contractions most likely didn't change your cervix in any way, and the ffn was neg it's still good to know dear

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->