Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

saw my doctor yesterday and forgot to update about it lol. he was originally taking the stitch out at 37 weeks, on Jan 18th. But since I have GD and he says babies lungs will mature slower he is going to wait until 38/39 weeks, so feb 1 or feb 8th. he is going to take it out in the hospital and keep me there until i go into labor! he says hes sure it will be with in a day, but jeez what if by some miracle its like a week? lol. however, now im worried that i may go into labor before that and my stitch will tear my cervix =[

okay, so i cheated and ate out for a family thing. and my blood sugar after was 154. plus, i had a fasting blood sugar of 96 this week, and one after lunch was 122. thats 3 high readings and im worried =[

Depends on your dr or nutritionist as far as your high sugars. I had a 127 and they said anymore high sugars and they were putting me on insulin. They take it very seriously. But it's because every point your sugar is high does store as fat on the baby causing the baby to just get bigger and slows the growth of lungs etc. don't beat yourself up over the strict diet is hard but think of it as you only have a few weeks left and as soon as you deliver you can have a regular diet. :thumbup:

Just be super strict about watching everything you eat and maybe they'll let you avoid insulin for now. Cause insulin would just be a bigger pain to add on top of your diet. Who wants shots. :shock:

I agree with Leinz ich. It may not be the funniest thing but just be honest with you doctor. He will want the best for you and take good care of you. It is hard not to indulge sometimes. I told DH I need to eat more fruit and lean meat yesterday. All I want is sweets but I know I have to stop that.

Maybe it will be better today when you test

do you think its okay to wait till monday when i see my diabetic counselor? or should i call then on call doc? im scared the baby is like suffering or something bc of the high sugars =[

You're fine to wait. As long as its not a constant high sugar. You're getting normal numbers in between right? If your sugars were high every time you checked them and you were following the diet then there is more cause for concern. :hugs:

yeah, im getting normal numbers also, im gonna see my diabetic counselor tomorrow so ill talk to her.

soo im worried the baby wont fit into any of the newborn stuff i bought. and i dont wanna wash all of them in case he doesnt fit, since id probably need to return and get store credit to get bigger sizes.

With my first pregnancy my gd wasn't diagnosed til 28weeks and baby was 8lbs 1oz. She didn't fit into much newborn clothing and the ones she did were less then a month. You'll get a better idea when the do the measurement ultrasound around 38 weeks. But I def wouldn't rip tags off. I think dd had 3-4 sleepers and 1-2 newborn outfits. And was able to wear 0-3 month clothing.
This pregnancy baby is smaller so I had to buy some newborn clothing and if she's small enough I'll grab some preemie stuff later.

Hi ladies :)

I don't post here much but I wanted to wish you all a very happy holidays :flow:

Good to see you too_scared! :) 30 weeks eeek! Won't be long before you are holding your LO.

Ich: I'm far from worried about having a big baby. I can't see myself having a big one. DD was 6lbs 3oz born at 39 weeks. I didn't have GD with her but I figure if it stays controlled I don't have much to worry about. My bump gets measured every week and I haven't had any issues of measuring larger. And my ultrasounds have showed weight being on the lower end. Plus, DH weighed 7lbs 9oz born at 42 weeks and I was 6lbs 5oz born at 40 weeks. My sister had GD with her son and he was born at 38 weeks weighing 6lbs 13oz and my Mom had GD with two of her pregnancies and never a baby over 8lbs.

There are so many worries with pregnancy. But the reality is we will always worry about them forever. Pregnancy is just the start. :) You will be well monitored and you have a really good Dr. :hugs:

thanks ladies - im not gonna wash all of his outfits till hes born, then ill send my mother home to do it if he fits into newborn stuff. i do have 0-3 but mostly newborn :dohh: the 0-3 just looked so big to me! lol leinz, are u getting nst and ultrasounds done? i get one every week starting at 35 weeks to check babys weight and well being..

snow when did you have DD?

Lch, I would get more 0-3 clothing in any case -- your boy will grow into them soon even if it's not what he wears when he's born! But not washing the NB stuff also sounds like a good idea.

Munchkin was born 7,6 but gained fast, and I think he was outgrowing NB at about 2-3 weeks. He was 8,5 at 2 weeks and 10,0 at 1 month so somewhere around 9 lbs.

I might get an Ultrasound next week. But, as long as everything is checking out healthy I don't think I'll be getting a NST. Everything is going much smoother this second time around. :) My next Dr. Appt. is Wednesday and I'll get a cervical check. My Dr. was going to do one last week but I was having all kinds of aches and BH and he didn't want to irritate my cervix.

I don't recall having BH like I do this time with DD. I never had any progress before labor with DD either. There are lots of women at my point in pregnancy 50% enfaced, 1-2cm dilated. But, I doubt that will be me. I am quite curious though.

DH would like me to have Zoela on his birthday Dec. 26. But, I highly doubt it will happen. I haven't had any signs of labor yet.

As with size NB, its hard to tell. Most outgrow it fast. But DD wore NB for 3 months. She is petite and tiny. 5% weight, 52% on height. She will be 20 months tomorrow and wearing 12 month shirts/onsies and 18 month pants with the waist sewed in the corners. The length fits her way before the waist does.

Merry Christmas, Leinz and everyone else!! :xmas4:

And happy birthday Leinz' DH on Wednesday! :cake:

thx seaweed, i got a bunch of gift cards today from family so im gonna buy more 0-3 and some extras i still need :flower:

i missed your post leinz lol, my nephew is the same he was in newborn forever!
oh my gosh! i just noticed your 36 weeks :happydance: your getting so close!

Merry Christmas Friends! I'm so happy to have met you all and to share in this journey. It has been amazing! Love all the babies for me, the ones inside and outside. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!!! : :dance: :yipee:
We've got loads of snow to share with anyone interested :p

So blessed for this group and the fact that even though we all started 2012 with heavy hearts, we are able to finish the year in joy and gladness with our babies in hands or on the way :)

Leinz
, enjoy the new house and also keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...
Snowangel, also keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

So excited for the new year babies :D
And for those still waiting, it's gonna happen in 2013!!

:hugs:

oh, quick update:

Had a scan/ obgyn visit yesterday, Dec 24.
Finally gained 3lbs after losing over 12 lbs entire pregnancy and still not at pre-pregnancy weight. Nausea is still killing me, but I found a solution: SIMILAC -MOMs or ENSURE!! I drink that 3x a day!! With loads of ice, tastes like milkshake.

Anyways, baby is measuring one week ahead! Crazy! I still don't get how I can be barely eating and baby is growing even faster :miracle:

Still going :yellow: even though DH asked the sonographer to take a peek for him. Fortunately, baby was sleeping and did not move so they could take potty shots :haha:

Back to packing, we move in 3 days!!! In case I don't come here, happy new year in advance to all!!

Merry christmas everyone! Hope you're all having a fantastic day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->