Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

so excited leinz! my fasting numbers i never hvae a problem with. i had one high number.. 96

So I'm getting regular braxton hicks/pre-term contractions again. They are about every 2-4 minutes, each lasting 40-50 seconds. I have a little back discomfort and a tiny bit of cramping, but nothing really "painful" at all.
Last week at my OB appt, he told me not to worry unless they were painful, like really "white knuckle" painful or if there was any bleeding or signs that I was losing my mucus plug.
So do I just not worry? I had the fetal fibronectin test done 2 weeks ago in l&d, and it was negative, but those tests are only good for two weeks.
What would you ladies do?

Ich I am so glad to hear your doctor says everything is ok!

Torres so I don't know too much about all of that but maybe give them another call just for reassurance if you need to you know. Hopefully it will stop but I think it is normal to have some right?

I would go in, Torres, or at least call...I think it only makes sense to wait until they're painful if you're like 34 or 35 weeks. Not 29. Just my opinion. But you should trust your gut either way.

id also go in hun.

i have LO's bag packed for the hospital. I only washed a few newborn things! lol. now i just have to pack mine :wacko: ill get around to that. Seems stupid to pack clothes now that ill probably need .

Ich: Thats great with your fasting numbers. When you got the 96, did you check again directly afterwards? I did after getting a crazy number before and it was good. I don't even know why I got the bogus reading. Also when you've gotten high reads, how did you feel? Sick? Dizzy? Thirsty? Any signs that your levels were high?

I packed our bags at 34 weeks. I didn't pack a lot of clothes for myself. One lounge outfit and a nursing gown... Plenty of socks and underwear. I'm still debating on taking my robe or just wearing the hospitals.

Torres: Anytime in doubt, go in... Premature labor isn't something to take risks on. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Besides it's there job. Some BH are normal though... Do they stop if you do something different? :hugs:

i felt fine after the high readings.. ive been feeling crappy lately though.. do you think i need to contact dr about this leinz?

for 2 weeks i was getting high readings , 8 high readings in 14 days. However, since the beginning of starting my GD diet, ive always had readings after meals of at least 100, and highs up to 165. The past 6 days my after meal numbers have been low, like no more then 90..sometimes even in the 70's.

this is concerning to me. i feel like its cause there is something wrong with my placenta. i havent changed my diet at all... why would they suddenly be completely normal? what if my placenta is failing and thats why my numbers are fine :cry:

You definitley should talk to your Dr. about anything thats concerning to you. It never hurts getting a professional opinion.

I haven't had to deal with high numbers at all. I haven't changed my diet really. I don't go crazy with carbs and sugar and stay away from canned foods. My numbers do vary a great deal though. Fasting will be late 60's, early 70s and then the next week 80s and then back to 70s. I mentioned this to my Dr. once and he said it was normal for a varience. After meals I test at an hour and its usually between 100-133. Which is fine, as they need only be under 140.

I don't think good numbers would indicate a problem with the placenta and niether do high ones. GD actually means your placenta is doing to good of a job. So, much so that your body has no leftover insulin production to regulate your own levels.

With your extra ultrasounds. I'm sure the Dr. would know what grade your placenta is. It can work quite well even at a grade 3, with grade 4 being the worst. A lady in Jellybeans was just induced at 38 weeks because of a failing placenta. And she was on insulin and had diabetes before pregnancy. Baby weighed 7lbs 14oz and everything turned out perfect.

I'm still waiting to pack my bag. I haven't wash any clothes yet apart from the nappies as they need to be washed 3 times before we use them the first time. I'm going to buy some nursing nighties and then I'll organise everything. Today I've been getting the pram ready. I painted the back wheels in black as to match the front ones. They aren't dry yet so I don't know how they'll look.

Torres is always better to check just in case.

Longing: Thanks, but only because life deals me complications. And I wouldn't call it knowledge, but more so I'm opinionated.

Madrid: Better get those nighties... and those bags packed! You are due next month! Eeeeek! :) How long do they keep you after labor over there?

Oooh I like the new tickers! Mines blue! :) lol. Still trying to get my grad round havin a boy! I see a quite a few ladies are due in the next couple of months!! Exciting! :) I still have no bump, where is it lol!

Erinsmummy, I think a lot of mine is pre pregnancy fat, sometimes it goes back down a little lol I saw a woman the other day that is 2 weeks behind me, and she was much bigger than me!

Erinsmummy, I think a lot of mine is pre pregnancy fat, sometimes it goes back down a little lol I saw a woman the other day that is 2 weeks behind me, and she was much bigger than me!

Isn't it strange how some women get bigger than others. My best friend is almost 14 weeks and she's bigger than me! Loads bigger. We're both small size 10s aswel, I thought I'd show quicker this time round! I was wrong! Lol. I'm actually smaller than I was with Erin! She was a 6lb baby too so not big. I just don't feel very pregnant right now haha

Enjoy not feeling to large. I'm sure you both have beautiful bumps. :)

Thanks for the reminder. I'll do more work on the front page tonight after DH goes to work. Any upcoming appointments that haven't been mentioned in here as of late?

lol leinz, i have a crazy amount of appts.

Jan 7th - ultrasound
Jan 10th - ob appt/NST
Jan 15th - ultrasound
Jan 18th - ob appt/NST
Jan 22nd - ultrasound
Jan 25th - ob appt/NST
Jan 29 - ultrasound
Feb 1st - ob appt/NST
Feb 5th - ultrasound

sure i wont make it to those last 2 lol

Front page has been updated. Let me know if something is wrong, needs changed or added. Thanks. :)

Loving the new tickers leinz eeek can't believ I'm in joint 5th place with Madrid seems like yesterday we were down the bottom! X

All being well we can get out after 6 hours here x with my youngest I went in at 8 am had her at 11am an was home for 7pm hope it's the same this time xxx

I have midwife app on thurs 10th an my last consultant app and scan on fri 11th x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->