Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Mrskg: Wow, those dates are soon to be the last. You don't go every week at the end? I can't believe we are all due so soon. I can't believe I'm next. Eeeek, so exciting! But, I still have this feeling I'll be pregnant forever. Lol.

I can't believe you can be out in 6 hours. It's two days here. Hmmmm...

For what reason do you have to stay in 2 days leinz? if there aren't any complications :shrug: My mum had me at 9am and was home in time for dinner too :haha: we have the choice here, we've yet to decide, I guess we'll just see how we feel at the time.

I've got my next midwife on 23rd Jan :)

With ds I also went home within hours. We were both ok so there was no point staying in the hospital any longer. With dd it was 5 days because of the c-section but I've heard now they keep them only 2 days after the op.

I don't know why ladies. Its standard here. 2 days for vaginal birth, and 3-4 days for C-section. I don't mind really. I will miss being away from DD, but will be grateful to work with the breastfeeding consultant.

It's same in Canada too Leinz. I can't imagine going home just hours after giving birth.
I'm also grateful for staying in, as my pre-e turned into severe HELLP syndrome 24 hours after delivery. If I would have been sent home hours after birth, I would have had to be re-admitted without baby.

I'm glad you stayed in hun. That would've been awful. I was released in 22 hours or so and I couldn't believe it. But, I was so grateful. As DD was flighted to Childrens Hospital and it was so hard being seperated from her. She was with me for 3 hours, but I saw her for 1. I layed there crying all night. :(

The Dr. checked me over and let me go. I didn't have time to rest and was running all over childrens with DH. My feet swelled so bad.

The front page does look amazing Leinz!

I have my regular doc appointment and any testing I decide to have on the 21st and my gender scan on the 26th!!!!

I don't have anymore appointments til 28 weeks!! Then will be 34 weeks, then 37 then 39 41 and 42 but very much doubt il go that far!

Srrhc: I can't forget about that gender scan. :) :wohoo: So, exciting!

Erinsmummy: I've been going every week from week 35. But, that surprises me you don't have a Dr. Appt. for so many weeks! :( I don't think they let you go past 41 weeks here. When gestation did you have DD?

leinz, i think the most they let you go over in US is 10 days. i also cant imagine leaving 6 hours later!

ultrasound is tomorrow, im interested to see how much LO weighs. im also going to ask about the placenta - and they are going to look at his kidneys, to see if they are better. the right one was big at 30 weeks.

I had her at 37 weeks. They will let u go to 42 weeks herr but longer if there is no risk to mum and baby x

My next appointment is this Thursday at 34 weeks mainly to discuss if I want to have a c-section or v-delivery. After that I think my next appointment will be at 36 and then 38 weeks both at the GP (waste of time). Then at 40wks again at the hospital with the midwife.

Ich I look forward to an update tomorrow from you appointment!

thx!! cant wait to see my little man and find out how much he weighs now.

US ladies, you can leave the hospital earlier than 2 days if you want. Insurance usually covers 2 days for vaginal and 4 for a section, and they assume everyone wants to stay the max amount of time, but you don't have to. You can just ask if you are interested in leaving earlier. We were planning to leave ASAP with Munchkin (of course, ASAP ended up being after 4 days because of his obstacles).

Madrid: What do you want v-delivery or C-section? I can't believe that you don't have many appt's over there.

Ich: Can't wait to hear how wonderful and normal everything and baby is looking! :)

S: I'm glad Munchkin overcame obstacles and came home quickly. :) I had no idea that you could leave earlier. I'll just see how it goes and take it by feel.

Torres: I'm so glad that you are having an OB appt. on Wednesday. It will be great to have reassurance that no changes are being made to your cervix. Also to ask questions. Etc. :)

Erinsmummy: I would cringe going to 42 weeks. :( I wouldn't wish overdue on anyone.

AFM: I also have a OB appointment in the morning. I'm very curious to see whether my Dr. thinks I should be induced or not. (It wouldn't be before 39 weeks.) He mentioned it back at 28 weeks, but didn't say anything since. And things have been going better than I dreamed they would. I will also find out about how my ultrasound from last week went. Other than that its just a regular OB appt. and I don't think my cervix has done more progressing. I've been feeling to great.

Once you have a c-section, they'll always give you the "options" chat. I intend to try natural just as I did with ds & his is my most recent full term pregnancy. If on the day I need an emergency c-section then I'll go with it but not from now.

Overdue is normal for me. Both of mine came at 41 weeks exactly.

Good luck with the appointments & the results both leinz and ich!!!

Btw I think probably insurance is the reason why you get so many appointments. You're paying for those somehow. As its free here, they only give you the ones they considered strictly necessary.

I couldn't imagine being in hospital for 2 days after giving birth, I am much happier being home 4-6 hours later snuggled on the sofa with baby while OH makes me food. I really hope I can be in and out this time too. I am very lucky with my hospital though, its one of the few in the UK that allows partners to stay overnight with the mum and baby so I won't mind too much if I am kept in for any reason.

Madrid: I see so you delivered vaginal after you had a c-section. I'm glad that you were able to do that. Thats a good plan. I also would like to go as natural as possible.

I've been thinking no epidural. I didn't with DD and with her I left it open, that I could have it if I felt I needed it. However, I'm very concerned with how long the pushing stage seems to last for those having an epidural. I've seen 2-3 hours, that is absurd. I know that not all women going without the pain relief feel the urge to push. But, I did... I couldn't wait to get her out. I was in so much pain and the only relief was pushing. Nothing had ever felt so good in my life. Pushing lasted 20 minutes if that.

I think though I will probably go with allowing myself it, if I feel its needed. But, planning on not having it. I'm glad you got to have your babies when they were ready to arrive. But, overdue would be torture.

You're right a lot of it has to do with the insurance. I didn't think of that.

Wiggler: It will be nice for you to be home within 6 hours. I couldn't imagine that. My hospital also allows DH or even another family member to room in. All of the rooms are private, which I love. And we labor, birth, stay all in the same room our whole stay. They just remodeled the whole birthing unit. I had DD there and DH was also born there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->