Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Wow Ich 19 scans! That is amazing ;)

Thanks Leinz and Longing. I am excited for the 14 week mark :)

Hey ladies! Hope all is well. Just came back from my obgyn appt, so I thought I'd give you all an update.
My bp is good, weight is good, baby is measuring perfectly, no GD, iron a bit low so I have to take supplements, and the achiness/tenderness I've been feeling in my uterus is just stretching.
Now for the blah part....
Dr is concerned with my preterm contractions. Last time he was hoping it was a one time thing, progesterone would relax my uterus and all would be well. That's not really how it's going. I'm still having episodes of frequent, consistent preterm contractions with some shooting pain into my vag/bum area. He is sending me for an ultrasound on my cervix. If it is under 2.5 I will be hospitalized. I asked him if I could just do bed rest at home instead - he said no.
I am praying that my cervix will be long. I cannot be hospitalized. I cannot be away from my daughter and hubby that much. It will depress me and make my anxiety worse. My ultrasound isn't until next tuesday, which I think is wayyyy too long to wait, but it is what it is. Having the possibility of being stuck in a hospital for weeks is going to loom over me like the plague for the next 6 days.
I mainly feel confident that my cervix will be fine, but I'm also scared poopless at the same time that it won't be.... :-(

i hope all goes well at your scan hun.. i find it surprising that your doc would prefer to hospitalize you. strict bed rest can easily be done at home, and most insurance companies wont cover hospital bed rest unless you have done strict bed rest with out any positive results. it costs thousands of dollars! its good that he is being super careful though. id be surprised if the contractions caused any change to your cervix.

ICh - I live in Canada, so it's government paid healthcare, not insurance. I will honestly beg him to stay at home of it comes to that.
What causes cervical changes if not contractions?

Torres: As scary as it is... try not to worry to much hun. Maybe the contractions aren't causing any cervical changes. I've had lots of them since 24 weeks and I'm only dilated a cheerio of 1cm. Were you checked for cervical changes?

I hope you don't have to be hospitalized and get positive results on Tuesday.

mostly to see a real change in the cervix you need to have very strong, painful,and regular contractions. mostly you will see severe shortening if your cervix can not handle the weight of the baby. i have a feeling that you just have an irritable uterus and its not really cervix related. my cervix shortened by 3 cm since 16 weeks, and ive not had any contractions besides BH. your doctor is right though, any shorter then 2.5 cm is time for bed rest.

Leinz - he didn't want to check me because he doesn't want to mess with it seeing he doesn't know what's going on. My contractions have been regular and painful - that's why they are considered preterm contractions and not Braxton hicks. The progesterone and strict rest do tend to relax them some.
I am keeping positive and I know that there is a much higher chance of everything being okay. It's just nerve wracking.
Leinz - sooooo soon! How are you feeling? Is DH taking some time off work?
ICh - how long till they take your stitch out? Are you getting excited?!

im soo excited! lol. im not really sure when and its driving me mad!! first, he was going to wait till 38-39 weeks. but since I have GD now hes waiting to see how my growth scans look, and depending on weight of LO, hell take it out at 37 or 38 weeks. hes going to take it out at L&D, and hes sure ill go into labor with in the day, if not hell induce me because of the diabetes. i could meet my lil man in as little as 2 weeks !

thought it would be fun to post a bump comparison lol

21+6 and 34 + 5

Attachments

• 21+6.jpg
    21+6.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
  • 34+6.jpg
    34+6.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2
and heres my little guy at 34+3!!! its a pic of a pic lol

Attachments

• Little man 34+3.jpg
    Little man 34+3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2
Torres: Yeah, definitley don't worry until you know. And I hope you do find some comfort in being monitored. My Dr. wouldn't do a cervical check at 35 weeks when he was going to... because I told him how achy and all that I was at the time. Baby was probably engaging but he said he'd rather not irritate my cervix. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers hun. It's all going to be ok. :hugs:

Ich: Beautiful, Beautiful baby boy. Eeeeek, 2 weeks that is soon. :) It won't be long before you get an idea of when. Also love the bump comparrison... I need to post one of those.

AFM: 4 DAYS! DH is going to be off from Sunday until Jan. 22. So, a little over a week.

Feeling? I can't believe this but I feel pretty good. :) I haven't had any BH this week? And I had them often. It's odd.

Only 4 days! so exciting!!! :happydance:

5 weeks left for me, YAY!

On my way to the antenatal appointment! I'll let you know what they say in the afternoon. 3 hours wait here I come!! Lol

All went well!! I'm measuring two weeks ahead already & the midwife thought she's transversal & not head down yet.
She told me to book another appointment with the docs in 2 weeks time to explain them my blood clotting treatment after the birth. I may get a scan too to check her position again.

Madrid: Great news! :) It'll be good to check position again. She has some time to turn head down. So, excited you'll be holding your rainbow soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->