Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Nightmare alert! I just got off the phone with my in laws from Barcelona. They just surprised me with the "great" news that they are going to try and be here for the birth of the baby. I seriously feel like either freaking out or bawling my eyes out. This cannot happen.
Don't get me wrong - I love them. I really do. They are fantastic people with hearts of gold BUT they are very in your face people and they speak no English, so they are 100% dependent on us when they come. Oh my, I need a few minutes to let this sink in.

Torres: You need to tell them how you feel. Like you won't be up for visitors or something. Just explain nicely, they should understand.

My freaking out alert was "Can I be in the delivery room?" Asked one hour before induction by my SIL. I was befounded.

I ended up saying "DH and I wouldn't feel comfortable with that."

Eek Torres :hugs: Can you get your OH to have a word with them?

Torres, I agree that your OH needs to talk to them. Also, in terms of having them in the delivery room...I would try to arrange it so that they won't know when you are going to the hospital, and then tell the nurses that you don't want any other visitors so not to show anyone else to your room. Helped keep out an unwanted visitor in our case. That might seem cold to them if it's more of a norm for lots of people to show up in their culture, but it's YOUR birth and they are visiting YOUR culture, so it's your prerogative to have things the way you want!

I understand that it might be about more than having them there at the actual birth...I think your OH should talk to them about that. My ILs came to visit from abroad too. I really did not want them here at the very beginning, and DH just told them straightforwardly that a month or two afterward would be a much better time for us. So they came 6 weeks postpartum and that worked out perfectly.

The sometimes positive thing about family from abroad is that sometimes people are more willing to respect cultural differences than they are personal feelings...DH has always been willing to tell his parents, "That's not how things are done in the US," which I appreciate a lot (it's true, and it doesn't hurt their feelings because it's not personal).

I also know your pain Torres, it's hard when you live so far away from family, I guess i'm lucky that it's flights within Europe as it doesn't cost too much money, so despite my mum wanting to come and move in with us as soon as the baby comes, we have agreed for them to book their flights as we go into labour and to visit for just a couple of days at first and then to come back in a month and stay for a little longer, once my DH has gone back to work and i'll be alone with the baby, then they can help more and it'll be better appreciated from me. We're walking on eggshells with eachother though because I have to try my hardest not to upset her as it's her first grandchild and she doesn't want to miss anything, and she's trying her hardest not to be too over bearing with her actions, grandparents and babies seems to be a hot topic for a lot of people in pregnancy!

Oooh yay!!! :happydance: :happydance:

That means it's me next!!! No line pushers please :haha:

yay! thats so exciting!

Jonathan is wonderful :cloud9: he had his second pediatrician appt yesterday , he is back at his birth weight + 6 oz! he gained 9 oz in 8 days . they said that that was great - is that too much though? lol, just wondering! also, they said he doesnt need to come back till he is 2 months old . is that the norm?

and he has an ultrasound in 2 weeks for his kidneys :cry: hope everythings alright

but he is a complete joy and were just so happy with him. he looks more like his daddy everyday! his eyes are slowly changing from blue to hazel ish.

9 oz in 8 days is right on target! It is definitely not too much. Munchkin was gaining a pound a week for a while at first and nobody complained. :) But anyway, if he is breastfed, I don't think they ever really worry that it is too much.

Why the kidney ultrasound? I hope everything is all right too! :hugs:

he is formula fed hun. bfing didnt work =\ even after paying a consultant and everything. im just now coming to terms with it.

at my ultrasounds they said he had pylectesis - enlarged kidneys

Update on Twokiddos: She had her baby yesterday evening. Quinn Parker weighing 8lbs 10 oz and 18 inches. So #9 born to this thread... :)

AFM: I don't think I'll be able to be on BNB much in the coming days. I will stop in as we are about to experience a baby boom in here. And I want to know. Please update this thread. I'm just so busy getting us moved. We are down to the basics but both places have lots of cleaning to do... And that between 2 under 2 is something.

Ich: I agree with Seaweed 9oz in 8 days sounds great! Babies grow fast. Like all things there is a larger varience in normal. And it also depends on how much baby weighed at birth. I'm sure Zoela is putting it on backtime. At two days old she was back to just an oz under her birthweight. After having Chloe whom was under 8lbs until she was 3 months old. I learned that babies are suposed to look like gerber babys. They get chunky and then when the exploring hits they lose it.

Congrats twokiddos!!!

I'm In hospital too being observed because baby Z doesn't like to stay only head down so I'll be here at least until Tuesday. First night and not getting much sleep at all. I'm surrounded by mothers with their newborns & I've got a terrible cold. Lovely!!!!

Will be thinking of you, Leinz, but totally understandable that you won't be on as much! You have your hands VERY full! :hugs: :hugs: Hope it all goes well. I can't wait to hear that you are moved in and loving your new home.

Congrats Twokiddos! :cloud9:

Jonathan is eating around 26 oz a day . Is that too much for him at this point? He keeps it all down, he doesnt spit it up. He takes 3 oz every 2-3 hours. if i give him 2 he is hysterical!

Feed that baby, Ich! As long as he's not spitting it all up. Don't worry feed him!

Madrid: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope Z turns head down and you get relief for your cold. :hugs:

Thanks S! :)

Congrats twokiddos!! :happydance:

lch - Sounds fine hun, if it's staying down and he is happy and content then don't worry. I think it's pretty hard to overfeed a baby, they either turn away from it or it comes back up

5 days left for me and I am so looking forward to having her here now, come on baby!!! :haha:

How is everyone?

Thanks ladies !

Congrats twokiddos !!!

Wiggler are u getting induced ?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79