Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Nessah - happy birthday!!! Can't wait to hear your story, hear how your family is getting on and see pics!! Yay!

I'm hanging in here, thanks for asking! 38 weeks tomorrow and my weekly triage appt. will update after.

NeeSAH: Yay, can't wait to hear your story. Take your time and enjoy your sweet girl. Happy Birthday! :)

Torres: Happy 38 weeks! Everythings perfect! Eeeek, almost time to meet your baby girl. :)

Update: iwantpeace has been having a difficult pregnancy with IUGR etc. She had a csection today at 36 weeks. All my prayers are with her, and I'll update when I know something. She hasn't been around BNB much as other issues etc. have made this pg very hard on her.

Birth Story:

As you all know, I was 40 weeks and 5 days overdue before I had my baby. My :yellow: bean was only 2cm dilated on EDD, Feb, 23rd. I did everything (walking, lunges, squats, Bding-lol) before my next Doc's appointment, Feb 28th.

Thursday, Feb 28th
My Obgyn checked me around 2 p.m. on Feb 28th and I was 4cm dilated, and had a bloody show. However, cervix was ripe but still posterior.

I went home, still no regular contractions until around 7 p.m. I started to feel real mild contractions every 10 minutes, only lasting a minute. I decided to let OH get back from work, have a late dinner, put DD1 to bed and then head out to the hospital (as long as contractions were still regular).

At 10:45 p.m. we headed to hospital, got into triage and got checked, around 11:15 p.m. I was told I was still 4cm and water was intact. Then I chatted with nurse about getting an epidural (it did not work with my DD1 because it was given to me at 9 cm!!! and was a total waste).

So, while the nurse headed out to go set up my fluid IV lines and order me a blood test, things started to get worse! My contractions were more intense and I felt my water break. Told DH I was feeling uncomfortable and could not lay down on bed anymore.... I wanted to walk it off, but was hooked up to fetal monitor, blood pressure cuffs etc.
Then, another 15 minutes later, I started to moan through contractions and kept saying they are no longer in the back and that something's different. Nurse walks back in, starts to put IV line. I also told her my water broke, but she kept saying it was the gel she used to check my cervix!!!
Then her co-worker kept looking at me and I kept trying to convince her that my contractions were getting worse, so she checked me and I was 6 cm!!!

A few minutes later, worst pain ever, I didn't know when the IV fell off and I started to bleed. I told the nurses I had to poop real bad and I think it's baby. Then they said, breathe, we need to fix your IV and take blood.... Honestly!!! I started to panic, 'cos the urge to push was sooooo intense and the nurse still insisted that I was exaggerating.

When she checked again, she panicked and I started to move or should I say RACE down the hallway in my triage bed! I remember grabbing a janitor on the hallway as I tried to fight the urge not to push baby out right there!!!

We got into delivery room around 11:54 pm and things were barely ready. They were just getting the epidural cart in and there was NO TIME!!! My ObGyn was on call (thank God!!!) I started to beg for pain killers!!ANYTHING!! I could not possibly do this without any meds??? They were all encouraging me and I kept telling them they were all liars and I really don't mind any painkiller, just make it stop!!

Try to picture this: The triage bed is NOT COMFORTABLE. It is not a delivery bed and I had no time to switch beds. I had nurses holding my legs and I was hopping up and down the bed. Tried climbing off a few times!! They kept pulling me down the bed- :haha: For some reason, dilating so fast made things feel different compared to my first baby! I had time to rest, think, focus! Oh boy!

Good thing? I found a way to rest between contractions, every 2 seconds and I only pushed through contractions, yelling with everything I got!!

I just had to suck it up, but with so much fear! Exactly 6 minutes later, 12:00 a.m. March 1st, I felt the head pop out and shoulders next! Pain went away, I grabbed baby myself and she was soooooooooooo warm!!! I didn't even ask for the sex, everyone else was checking :haha: All I said was "So, it was you lil' thing causing me all that pain!!"

My body and nerves were so shot that I was shivering for 2 hours and had to be covered with warm blankets. Vitals were fine, but the shock and speed made my body shiver vigorously. Of course, 30 mins later they gave me motrin and tylenol- SHeesh!!! I was hoping for more, but I really could not feel anything but shivers.

Well, we got discharged 24 hours later and baby and I are fine. It really is fast natural, but I will NEVER do it again!! I am recovering well tho' and also nursing non-stop. The first few days, nursing hurt 'cos my uterus would contract every feed :(

Baby ARI is such an eater, she was 7lbs and she started to nurse 10 mins after birth. My molk came in on day 3, so I was happy I didn't have to wait it out too long because she had to take formula at hospital.

Big Sister Anji is loving every minute of it. She does get the tantrums when we don't give her attention (She's 2.5 yrd old) but we are working on it :D

Thank ladies for being a part of my journey!! :hugs: SO excited for all the new moms and the ones waiting to pop!!! Can't wait to see more pics and read more birth stories!!! :dance:

Keeps saying my file is too large! Can't upload pics,
anyone help?

Wow nessah! What a birth story! I can't imagine going that fast. And giving birth on a triage bed?!?! Those things are so damn uncomfortable! I wonder if it will be the one I get this morning! :haha:
I'm glad it was your OB. That must have made you feel a little better.
I wish I could help you with uploading the pics, but I am no good at that kind of stuff on BnB. I can't wait to see them though!
How wonderful that Anji is loving her little sister. I'm sure the tantrums are normal and will stop soon. I'm so nervous to see how my Laia does with her baby sister!

I hope everything is well with iwantpeace. Please let her know that I am thinking about her.

I have my triage appt in an hour and a half, but I don't want to get out of bed! These weekly 8am hospital appts have gotten very old very fast! But good news is, I'm 38 weeks today and will have my baby girl in my arms soon!!!
I will update later.

Have a good day ladies!

Torres- good luck!

Iwantpeace - I hope all is well!!! :hugs:

Nessah - what a story!!! Massive congrats! :cloud9:

Everything was good. Bp is slightly elevated and I had a trace of urine, but no one is too worried. I just have to monitor myself at home and go in if any more symptoms arise. So basically - same old story!
My OB is at a conference in the Bahamas (drs sure know how to throw a conference eh?!), so I'm hoping baby holds off till at least Wednesday when he is back. And if I don't go into labour naturally, I will be induced either the end of next week or the beginning of the following. So close, yet so uncomfortably far! :p

Glad all went well! Hope baby doesn't come out before your doctor is back. Bahamas? Not fair! :haha:

Wow Nessah! What a birth story! Makes me want to SHAKE your nurses, why were they not listening to a second time mom??? Arg. Over the moon for you and your new pink bundle! Wish I could help with pics, but I've never been told mine were too big to upload before.

Not sure if this is a long winded way, and if you have FB, but whenever I upload pictures that are too big, I upload to FB first, to a private album if i'm not wanting everyone to look, and then I copy and paste from there to make them smaller :shrug:

NeeSAH: Incredible birth story! Wow, can't believe you had to labor in discomfort. I've never gotten an epidural. The first time around, I went to fast from 2cm to 7cm in 20 minutes but was stuck in pain on 2cm for hours. With Zoela I was 4cm and was asked if I wanted the epidural and I don't know what alien took over my body and said "No". Everyone in the room dropped thier jaws. I didn't notice anything but the pain as thats when the Dr. broke my water. However, both labors went fast for the pushing stage. Just a matter of minutes. Zoela came on one push and Chloe was like three.

Torres: All good news! You'll be meeting her soon. I'm glad you are well monitored and this difficult pregnancy is nearly over.

Congrats to TooScared! I can't wait to see the update! :)

Everyone is so far along in here... We'll all soon just be on the parenting thread! So excited! :)

iwantpeace had Charlotte Rose March 6, 4lbs3oz... Beautiful but a bit small. Momma was discharged but Charlotte is in the NICU until she gets a bit bigger.

Awwwwwww tiny little baby!!! K was only a little bit bigger before she was discharged!

Hope She gets to go home soon!! :hugs:

Congrats iwantpeace! Can't wait for pics and a story!

Hi ladies. I had my membranes stripped this morning. I was already 2cm dilated/80% effaced, so I'm hoping it's effective. Fx'd please! Best case scenario would be I deliver between 7pm tonight and 7am tomorrow as it's my OB on call at the hospital tonight!

Hey ladies! Just as I thought things would settle down and I'd have more time for bnb a friend became desperate for a babysitter as she was having problems with her daycare. So I volunteered to take care of her 7 month old. :dohh: so this is what life with three will be like. :haha: anyways baby is doing great at her 2 month check up she weighed 9lbs 8oz. She still nurses great and sleeps through the night in her crib, naps a couple times a day in her crib. I'm truly blessed with such a good baby. Now if only the 4 year old would calm down some. ;) we plan to fly "home" next week to introduce the baby to everybody. And also hopefully meet my new nephew (providing he arrives before I leave) anybody who is nursing have y'all got af yet? I haven't yet. After dd1 it was 9 months before I got it. I have already taken a pregnancy test. Thank The Lord it was a bfn. :rofl: dh was disappointed tho. :shrug: baby just woke I'll chat later. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->