Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Hi ladies just in from the hospital thot they were going to confirm my mc but I saw a heartbeat I'm measuring a 5mm and I'm 6 wks pg :) so shocked..xx

They think I miscarried early on then fell pg straight away... I'm so chuffed..xx

I hope the next 2 weeks fly by until you see your miracle beany again!

Well after all the hassle this morning the MW pulled some strings and my scan is tomorrow morning! :cloud9: I can't wait, but I am terrified at the same time. My mum is coming up to watchc the kids while I am in there x x x

Great news on scans everyone :thumbup:

:hugs: Madrid I know it'll be hard not to worry xxxx

Madrid: I'm sorry you will worry the whole first trimester. And more sorry that you've had so much heartbreak. I'm glad you have the progesterone and test results to help ease some. The measurements wouldn't make a difference, but still they should atleast tell you them. Do they turn the scan screen away from you? I've heard of some doing that and thats just terrible.

My Dr. didn't tell me measurements in mm. He just said I was measuring 9w2d.

Things don't work the same in the UK than in the US. For instance we don't get blood tests to check our levels until we have our antenatal booking. There are many factors that affect how much info you'll get at your scan appointment. Yesterday I had two doctors with me because one was a trainee and the other one is the head of the department. As I was having the scan she was training her because the one that was doing everything was the trainee and the other one was directing her on what she was seeing in the screen, how to zoom, etc, etc. So, to a certain extent it was different to my previous experiences.

At the beginning they are the only ones who see the screen and then they turn it so that you can have a look too. I've always had the chance to see as they did their checks but this one (I guess due to her lack of experience) didn't turn the screen at all. Only when I was having the abdominal and they saw the baby and the hb that her manager said to her to turn it and let me see. She insisted actually so that I could look at it properly and that's when she took measurements but left straight away. Once she left me with the trainee she didn't say anything; no word about measurements or anything and I was so overwhelmed about the whole thing after being waiting over an hour in the waiting area that I was just happy with what I got.

Great news on scans everyone :thumbup:

:hugs: Madrid I know it'll be hard not to worry xxxx

Happy 7 weeks mrs!! I've missed you! Hope you've been well all this time.

I know you can understand very well what I'm going through.:hugs:

Thanks Madrid x not been great at all choked with cold an being sick all the time :cry: feeling really sorry for myself xxx

Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that!! Did you get the scan date after all or are you waiting until next week to book it?

My scan date is 16th July so not too long to wait x

Yeah mad to think you'll have had 2 before I've even had one lol x don't know how I'll cope waiting from then till 12 week one though might have to try sneak one in somehow not sure we can afford a private one though :wacko: xxx

Actually I didn't want to have the one yesterday so early. I said to my gp to book it for this Friday but the didn't even ask!!! I don't like early scans. I've beed damaged by what happened to me in my previous pregnancy with the 6wks scan that showed nothing but the sac; not even the f pole and y sac. :cry: The wait from that scan to the next one was horrible horrible.

Totally get that Madrid esp when we know things can still go wrong x I'm same with my scan I will be 8+5 an in jan we saw baby with hb at that point but must have stopped soon after so not sure how much reassurance this one will be but there was a prob with sac last time so I'm hoping if all looks perfect it will help me a bit x

That is such a miracle and blessing Cheryl! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->