Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Hey ladies I have my midwife appointment on Thursday to confirm the pregnancy and do bloods etc fill out forms, what things do you guys recommend I should ask? I tried asking my gp about progesterone levels but he basically blew me off and tried to tell me it wouldn't make a difference if we did test coz apparently there would be nothing he could do. I'm hoping the midwife might be a bit more helpful.

i think you should most def ask for progesterone blood to be done. had i not demanded that blood test i think i would have MC. my level was 10 and i was immediately put on supplements, i am now 11 weeks and the placenta is starting to take over. some doctors say that if you are going to Mc progesterone won't help. but my doctor disagrees and so do i

Well I tried that with my gp but apparently here in the uk they don't do that! It's apparently not been proven to help so doctors don't tend to bother. Any uk ladies had any success regarding progesterone? I will deffo try to push for it though ich28.

yeah.. it is different in the U.S.. umm.. i know you can buy progesterone cream that you just apply externally like online..

Well I tried that with my gp but apparently here in the uk they don't do that! It's apparently not been proven to help so doctors don't tend to bother. Any uk ladies had any success regarding progesterone? I will deffo try to push for it though ich28.

They don't do it at all bailey! I did tried with the GP and after my 3 losses I thought it'd be easier but he said no way. So I had to beg in the pal thread for left overs from other ladies. One of them sent me 2 boxes and my friend also bought another 2, to cover me until 12 weeks, in Spain.

So sorry about your news bump!! :hugs: :hugs:

I had my appt today and the consultant sort of disregarded my previous tests as he thinks I may not even have the condition. Well, it's up to me to continue with the injections or not after I get the results from the blood tests I had today in September.
On the other hand, I've had enough of the doppler. I managed to find the hb and I intend not to use it again until at least Saturday if not later as I get more stressed than relief. I'll change the batteries as the ones it has may be too old. I bought it second hand so maybe the person who sold it to me had been using it for a long time too.
I've passed my mc's milestones and now I'm looking forward to the scan on the 13th of August.

Bump: I'm devastated with your news! I'm so sorry! I wish they could find a reason why. Lots of tears and :hugs:! I hope you don't give up! Don't feel like a failure. :hugs:

S: Well can't we use DS's initials or a nickname you have for him or something. I'm already thinking of how I'm going to do the front page when we have our babies. :)(

Bailey: Welcome hun! I have no idea what they do in the UK. But Madrid is an excellent source of information. As you know I MMC in March, also. (9w3d). I'm in the US and my Dr. did nothing this second time around. I waited longer even for my first scan, because my Dr. was on vacation when I was 8 weeks. I thought though if you had low progesterone your losses usually occurred really early.

Madrid: I'm so happy to hear you have passed your MC milestones. :happydance: I can't wait for your perfect scan! :happydance: I wouldn't worry with the doppler. I find baby some days and others I do not. A lot depends on where baby is hiding or how active baby is. And an active baby is a healthy baby. :)

I wonder if your Dr. disregarded your previous tests because they came back perfect? I don't get it. Why do tests like that? Just to throw them out?

AFM: I'm planning another ultrasound for November in 4D. DH and I have an anniversary and we are talking about a little family baby moon... with another trip to Ultrasona to see our baby girl.

You can call him Munchkin...I don't think we'll keep calling him that but it's been his nickname so far :p

Welcome to the new ladies with their :bfp: news! So excited to see you here Bailey.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am just still taking it one day at a time with MS and looking forward to my next scan...

:hugs:

It's surrogacy or adoption for us now :( I'm sat waiting for a bed in the hospital :/ bailey I have about 12 days worth of progesterone but I was on two a day if u did one a day that's 24 days worth I'm happy to send them to you if u want them?

Bump: I'm sorry you have to go through this. :cry: Surrogacy or adoption are both excellent options. I hope you have your forever baby one way or another. I was thinking you were giving up... And I hate the thought of that. :hugs:

I'm giving up on me having a baby naturally but we can only do surrogacy if the NHS will help us out and we may not even get accepted to adopt :(

I don't see why not? There are lots of children that need parents. Don't lose all hope... just yet. What about adoption from another country?

I know here in the US. Its easier and more affordable to adopt from India or China.

We can't afford flights and things and it's v v strict over here to adopt

Morning ladies,

Bump I'm glad to hear you are considering surrogacy/adoption and I don't think they are as strict as you are thinking, I think as long as you are both working and have a roof over your heads then they will accept you. I think it's only if you or your oh has any convictions or anything that they start questioning. I think it would especially help that you already have a son so they can see you are experienced as parents. This website might help hun

https://www.adoption.org.uk/information/could_I_adopt.html

Madrid - thanks for the info, I didn't think you could get progesterone in the uk. So I guess my doctor was right and it doesn't matter what my progesterone levels are coz they won't do anything! I'm hoping that they are high enough though, my mc was quite late (almost 2nd tri) last time so I'm actually thinking that progesterone levels weren't really a problem last time so hopefully they aren't this time either.
I don't think I could cope with a Doppler as I'm useless with technology and I'd panic!! But as leinzlove mentioned if the baby is very active it will be hard to find the hb anyway.

Leinzlove - yeah I was thinking the same thing about the progesterone levels and the fact that my mmc was so late on. I think I'm just looking to do anything I can to stop it happening again. But with the nhs in the uk I doubt there's much I can do anyway. PMA though, last time was just unfortunate and something that happens and everything will be just fine this time!

Nessah - hi there!! Not spoke in a while, I missed you in the ttc thread!! I have to admit I'm finding it hard to be as chatty in there at the mo though coz I want to chat all about my fears yet feel I cant as it could upset the ttc ladies. I can't wait for the rest of them to join us! How's your little bean doing?

AFM - I've been using up my stash of pregnancy tests since my BFP and upset myself yesterday. My frer was fainter than the day before!! But I then looked at the box and realised that this batch were actually ONE STEP first response, not EARLY RESPONSE! Googled it and the one steps are only 100miu sensitivity lok! But the boxes were almost identical, silly me buying willy nilly off eBay :rofl: and now I'm actually please coz the line was quite dark for a 100miu test lol!
Still no sign of ms.......is it odd for me to want it?? I didn't get it last time!

Bailey: HPT's do not always show progression hun. They are made to tell you if you are pregnant or not, not to measure HCG!

I did the same though... But, definitley don't take it to much to heart. :hugs:

Lol, in my head I know but my illogical heart still wants me to test hehe. But I have no more left, I think i just wanted to get past the initial few days so I can convince myself it's not a chemical coz I was expecting AF to arrive at anytime. I'm feeling much better today though, and accepting that I am indeed pregnant lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->