Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

I don't really know if that is so, S. I was just throwing it out there... Right now the January Jellybeans thread is tied... but we are just starting to find out genders in there. Still 159 Moms is a huge group.

Oh yeah, I've made my breastfeed starting plan. :)

Exclusive Breastfeeding for 6 months... Then water just through sippys. I will get a pump but only to express if needed. I'm going to try no bottles at all. I plan to breastfeed solely from the tap for atleast a year. :) I've been learning all I can...

If you have bottles and formula you will most likely give up... And I'm setting up for success.

I you are so determined I'm sure you'll succeed leinz!!

so many appointments coming up! how exciting!! i am so excited for tomorrow!! 12 week scan and i change to 12 weeks!!

So much pink in this thread! I've heard in a lot of places that there seem to be more girls recently...it's true of the Sep due date group and it's been true in all our prenatal classes so far, and people have reported hearing from their doctors that it seems to be a thing right now! Wonder why.

Hmmmm... maybe its something to do with Fifty shades of gray? I heard this book is why there are many pregnancies right now.

My baby is a 50 shades baby :blush:

I'm planning to BF too, I BF my son for 6 weeks, my daughter for 7 months and I desperately want to go until this one self weans. Unfortunately i seem to spit out kids with lip and tongue ties and nothing was done about it the last 2 times, I'm not taking no for an answer this time. x x x

We have bottles but not formula...I am hoping that's enough of a commitment device. I need the bottles b/c I will be going back to work and will need to start pumping. Don't have the pump yet either, though.

iwantpeace: Awwwweee a 50 shades baby! :happydance:

Ich: Yay for tomorrow! Happy 12 weeks! Can't wait to see picture of your gorgeous baby! Woo-hoo!

Wiggler: Awwww... I didn't breastfeed at all, but I'm mega into it now. :) I hope they figure out a way for you to do it longer. Maybe this baby won't have a tongue tie. DD did not, but DH did.

S: Yay, you definitley need bottles if you are going back to work. I hope you didn't buy to many. Sometimes baby's prefer certain types and nipples and will have nothing to do with the ones you have. This happens with sippys to. I just figure why not... I'm a SAHM and don't see that changing for about 5-7 years... When #3 starts school and thats not entirely planned yet... Haha! #2 needs to get here first. :)

AFM: I learned that even smokers should breastfeed. It is more benefit to the baby than not breastfeeding just because you smoke. (Which I find interesting, as this is why my sister chose not to Breastfeed.) Breastfeeding when you smoke still provides many benefits to baby. It helps prevent SIDS and respiratory infections. You shouldn't smoke as its best not to for your health and baby's. But, it should not be a reason you choose not to breastfeed.

Can't wait to hear updates for appointments today and ones for tomorrow. Did any of you ladies have serious bloat early on?

heyy ladies!! i am also planning to breast feed until 6 months =] i was a smoker before Sophia. i quit when i got my bfp (it was so hard) unfortunately i picked up the habit the day we came home from the hospital.. i was so sad and i guess thats what i turned too. thankfully i quit while we were ttc!! it feels amazing not to smoke. I am DEF not going to start again. but i have a question. you know how we cant eat certain things while pregnant?? (shellfish, deli meat, etc) do the same rules apply whilst breast feeding?

srrhc i was really bloated up until a few days ago! lol.. i already looked pregnant kinda and now its pretty much gone away.. at the end of the day though i am much more bloated!

Thanks leinzlove x yeah I'm 11weeks tomorrow might change at my scan on 15th though x yeah I ignored screen an just counted beats over 10secs an multiplied by 6 done it twice xxx

Happy milestone days xxx

Srrhc I have bloat going on if wearing a tight top there is no denying I'm pregnant xxx

Oh .... My baby is a 50 shades baby too :blush:

Srrhc I am really bloated after everytime I eat no matter what I eat!!

Interesting that little nugget about acne = girl baby, I had really bad acne last time but nothing at all so far this time. Although I'm also a lot less stressed this time. Trying to relax more.

My appointment was rubbish really, just a referral for my booking appointment, asked about early scan and was told I won't get one - no surprise there. So just gotta wait until I get my letter through for my next midwife appt.
Ooh and I bought some baby aspirin today.....does everyone think it's ok for me to take it without my doctor saying I should/consulting her??

S: Yay, you definitley need bottles if you are going back to work. I hope you didn't buy to many. Sometimes baby's prefer certain types and nipples and will have nothing to do with the ones you have. This happens with sippys to. I just figure why not... I'm a SAHM and don't see that changing for about 5-7 years... When #3 starts school and thats not entirely planned yet... Haha! #2 needs to get here first. :)

Yeah, fortunately I had read/heard that advice, so I just got a few of a couple different brands. I hope not to use them at all right away, and not very much at first, anyway.

I think what you're planning is great! It's a big commitment but it sounds like you will be really well prepared...and it's not like you can't buy bottles later if you change your mind about pumping. But might as well set yourself up for what you are hoping to do.

Did any of you ladies have serious bloat early on?

Oh yeah, HORRIBLE bloat...and really early actually, like 5-7 weeks. After 7 or 8 weeks I think it actually got better. I'm pretty sure I was actually more uncomfortable sleeping on my stomach then compared to NOW at 34 weeks.

i have a question. you know how we cant eat certain things while pregnant?? (shellfish, deli meat, etc) do the same rules apply whilst breast feeding?

I'm pretty sure they don't, because our immune systems aren't as vulnerable anymore and neither is the baby's, since we are processing everything for them in a different way than when they were fed through the placenta, so bacteria aren't as much of an issue. That doesn't apply to alcohol though, of course. And I do know that some moms change their diet because their babies seem to have specific sensitivities...like I think dairy is a common one that causes problems.

Bailey I think it's fine for you to take aspirin without asking I did an when I told doc he was pleased an nurse at epumsays she thinks that's what made this baby stick x but if you feel better phone an ask for doc to cal you or call epu an ask their advice xx

Thanks mrskg, I know it will probably be fine to tbh. My doctor was pretty rubbish when I talked about blood tests, hcg levels etc so I would imagine of I asked he'd only say it won't do anything, he's not very helpful.

Bailey thought you might find this helpful

https://miscarriage.about.com/od/treatment/f/baby_aspirin.htm

Hey ladies! A quick hi and bye. I'm still alive. :haha: will be home in a little over a week. How's everybody doing? :flower:

Mrskg: Awweee another 50 shades of gray baby! :happydance:. Have you been listening to the sweet sound of baby's HB? I haven't lately, but the last time I did... It still didn't register on dopplers screen.

Ich & S: I've read that its okay to have a drink or two while breastfeeding. Very little gets into the milk, and not enough to harm baby. Hmmmm... Still looking more into it.

SnowAngel: I hope you have a wonderful vacation and are enjoying yourself with family. :)

leinz - i haven't had alcohol since i was 15 lol!!! im crazy i know. i just hate the taste of ANY of it. my friends think i'm nuts. =]

getting ready for my scan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! less then 3 hours!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->