Lesbian couples TTC

I have been with my woman for 20 years. With the help of a donor, 14 years ago, she gave birth to our daughter. My dream has always been to experience pregnancy and childbirth myself, and now we are ready for another child. My best friend from high school, who knows us both well, has offered to be my donor. I will be inseminating at home towards the end of this month. I am terrified and excited at the same time. Any other lesbian mommies or ANY mommies who did in home insem? Any advice or friendly words are appreciated! Thanks!!:dust:

Hello! I, too am a lesbian woman ttc. I am single but I have a wonderful family & a great donor. I have also been "home inseminating." If you need anything, please let me know! Best of luck to you on this journey!

sorry to be nosey but does in home insemination mean sex? btw congrats to everyone who is pursuing their family no matter the cost :)

For me Home insemination is using Donor sperm without intercourse.. and Inseminating myself also my donor sperm was shipped from a known donor so i had to use a kit by www.babiesbymail.com

and my donor i found on www.freespermdonorregistry.com
and my wife inseminated on my O Day..

That shipper is so much more affordable then the company we used!!! Can you give them a good review?

Silly question...but we were thinking of doing the shipping this month...how does it work? Does the donor buy that kit on babiesbymail...and ship to us? I know very silly question...

JAZZ - this #2 "donation" sounds VERY promising.... PLEASE keep us posted! I am feeling like this could be your month! :dust:

Silly question...but we were thinking of doing the shipping this month...how does it work? Does the donor buy that kit on babiesbymail...and ship to us? I know very silly question...

I cannot comment on babiesbymail but we used the gay sperm banks' shippers. We paid for the shipper over the phone via credit card and they shipped it to my donor's house (overnight via FedEx was included in the price). Once we were ready for a shipment, he did his thing, mixed it with the TYB (test yolk buffer) in a glass, put the mixture into the vial, and shipped it back to us with the cold pack provided (in the Styrofoam box thingie). We used USPS to ship it because it was way more affordable then FedEx or UPS. We just gave him a Visa Gift card to pay for return shipping.

So...that is how it worked!

sorry to be nosey but does in home insemination mean sex? btw congrats to everyone who is pursuing their family no matter the cost :)

For me Home insemination is using Donor sperm without intercourse.. and Inseminating myself also my donor sperm was shipped from a known donor so i had to use a kit by www.babiesbymail.com

and my donor i found on www.freespermdonorregistry.com
and my wife inseminated on my O Day..

That shipper is so much more affordable then the company we used!!! Can you give them a good review?

You contact babiesbymail and purchase the shipper monday thru wednesday you have them send it to your donor, The shipper comes with everything you need even a soft cup, when you are ovulation you contact your donor he sends it before 11am with the ice pack tell him to put another ice pack in there just to keep it cold. than when it arrives you follow the directions come with directions you can choose to send it anyway you want but if your donor is in canada like mine my best bet was to use fedex because your arrival time is guaranteed

JAZZ - this #2 "donation" sounds VERY promising.... PLEASE keep us posted! I am feeling like this could be your month! :dust:

So i missed a cycle and had to change donor's too much run around. so my #2 will actually take place around the 20th i never thought i would be happy to get a period twice a month. AF comes on the 13 i ovulate 9 to 12 days after... So got my fingers crossed

FXD!! Jazz, I hope this is it!

I am still waiting on proper OV, I am CD16 today and still hopeful I OV before AF.... Got our "donation" already set up for next week, so just hoping its an OV instead of an AF, would give anything to be one of those ladies that is PG 6 wks after an MC!

:dust: to everyone!!!

FXD!! Jazz, I hope this is it!

I am still waiting on proper OV, I am CD16 today and still hopeful I OV before AF.... Got our "donation" already set up for next week, so just hoping its an OV instead of an AF, would give anything to be one of those ladies that is PG 6 wks after an MC!

:dust: to everyone!!!

Did ya do it yet?

Hey JAZZ, Monday and this morning we are now in the TWW!!! UGH! :wacko: We are going to test on 8/23, so FXD!!! :dust:

How are things with you two???

<------*2DPO*

Thanks soooo much EBELLE! Totally nervous about this for some reason....
How are you doing?

AFM, my chart looks different this morning, I hope I am not getting my hopes up too much. I feel better today, not sick like yesterday. My temp rose more this morning, and it seems I OV on Sunday. I did not that the OPK was the darkest in the evening. I do morning and evening just in case I ov I think that I OV on CD19 or CD20 but that is hopefulness since the "donation" was monday, I want to think I timed things so well. I think I am 3-4DPO??? Just hoping my temps stay up and I have a :bfp: in my near future.... FXD!

:dust: to the whole thread!!!

I'm good, did insemination 2 days ago and today. Opk looks set to turn positive tomorrow, so hope I timed it well as donor is going away tomorrow. Not sure if he'll even have time to do another donation in the morning before he leaves. But not going to get fussed about it.

I've read so much about women who are extremely fertile after a loss, so I am really hoping you are one of them and you get your sticky bean this month! *hugs* and lots of babydust!

Thanks soooo much EBELLE! Totally nervous about this for some reason....
How are you doing?

AFM, my chart looks different this morning, I hope I am not getting my hopes up too much. I feel better today, not sick like yesterday. My temp rose more this morning, and it seems I OV on Sunday. I did not that the OPK was the darkest in the evening. I do morning and evening just in case I ov I think that I OV on CD19 or CD20 but that is hopefulness since the "donation" was monday, I want to think I timed things so well. I think I am 3-4DPO??? Just hoping my temps stay up and I have a :bfp: in my near future.... FXD!

:dust: to the whole thread!!!

I just inseminated today :spermy:donor flew in from l.a to give fresh sperm. Picked him up at airport and took him to his hotel. Will get a sample on all three days donor is here. But I'm in pain .. Don't like that feeling so I'm laying back down I am CD9 with a positive opk. But the one thing I won't be doing is driving myself crazy I will wait my cycle my cycle is expected 14 dpo which would be CD 24

I have been with my woman for 20 years. With the help of a donor, 14 years ago, she gave birth to our daughter. My dream has always been to experience pregnancy and childbirth myself, and now we are ready for another child. My best friend from high school, who knows us both well, has offered to be my donor. I will be inseminating at home towards the end of this month. I am terrified and excited at the same time. Any other lesbian mommies or ANY mommies who did in home insem? Any advice or friendly words are appreciated! Thanks!!:dust:

When did you have the baby

JAZZ, FXD!!! It seems like you 2 may be in for a bfp VERY soon!!! I cannot wait to hear the good news!!! :dust:

I am 15DPO (13DPO by FF) Well, it looks confusing&#8230; I mean, on Sunday (DPO14), after inputting my temp, FF changed my OV date. Does this happen often? I mean I am on CD34! Longest cycle ever! I know now, that this is a result of the M/C in July. :sad1: I am feeling like I am totally out of it this month after seeing that. Current SSing: very tired, BLOATED, bbs tingling every now and then, not hungry often, I have felt sick the last few days when I first wake, but it leaves. I guess I am just waiting now to see if AF ever shows&#8230;. Other than that, the weekend was lovely. I hope everyone else is doing better!!!

JAZZ, FXD!!! It seems like you 2 may be in for a bfp VERY soon!!! I cannot wait to hear the good news!!! :dust:

I am 15DPO (13DPO by FF) Well, it looks confusing… I mean, on Sunday (DPO14), after inputting my temp, FF changed my OV date. Does this happen often? I mean I am on CD34! Longest cycle ever! I know now, that this is a result of the M/C in July. :sad1: I am feeling like I am totally out of it this month after seeing that. Current SSing: very tired, BLOATED, bbs tingling every now and then, not hungry often, I have felt sick the last few days when I first wake, but it leaves. I guess I am just waiting now to see if AF ever shows…. Other than that, the weekend was lovely. I hope everyone else is doing better!!!

So now the tww begins....:happydance: inseminated Saturday,Sunday morning and Sunday night, hoping their was healthy sperm in all three donations.
And hoping I had a nice healthy egg, first day of insemination felt awful full of cramps and pain. My body does not like sperm. Lol
It's Monday morning and I feel fine. I'm going to claim it and say this is it.( power of the mind)

I am hoping all is well, and you get a wonderful bfp this time I used some preseed hoping my results are great.
Going back to sleep:sleep: now fxd

Hello JazzNTee, new here to the thread, looking to get info. We are also living in Atlanta. Any info is greatly appreciated. GL

Welcome MOMMY2BE! :wave: I hope this site provides you with all the info that you can possible need. It has been great for us. Look in my siggy as there are some links in my journal to sites that will be of assistance in your egg chase! GL and FXD!! :dust:

JAZZ, how are you holding you in the TWW??? FXD for you! :dust:

AFM Ladies...15DPO, CD36! Current SS: Tired, BLOATED feeling heavy and clothes not fitting, feel wet but not much CM. Temp crept up a tiny bit this morning. Staying pretty persistent and above coverline. We leave for vacay tomorrow early, so I will test then, FXD! 16DPO!
Check out my chart below&#8230;

:dust: :dust: :dust to the Thread!!!!!

Hoping you get your sticky bean bfp tomorrow!!!

Welcome MOMMY2BE! :wave: I hope this site provides you with all the info that you can possible need. It has been great for us. Look in my siggy as there are some links in my journal to sites that will be of assistance in your egg chase! GL and FXD!! :dust:

JAZZ, how are you holding you in the TWW??? FXD for you! :dust:

AFM Ladies...15DPO, CD36! Current SS: Tired, BLOATED feeling heavy and clothes not fitting, feel wet but not much CM. Temp crept up a tiny bit this morning. Staying pretty persistent and above coverline. We leave for vacay tomorrow early, so I will test then, FXD! 16DPO!
Check out my chart below…

:dust: :dust: :dust to the Thread!!!!!

FXD crossed for you galls, I'm 4dpo today 3 if you count that I did 3 inseminations during the weekend...I'm doing well sometimes I get a random tug or flutter but nothing crazy, I was starving last night hungry, I drove myself nuts last time I ttc, so this time I'm relaxing, talking on my Facebook lesbian groups, on bnb, fsdr. Watching tv and movies not trying to think about it, earthquake had me a bit shaken but I'm good. Enjoy your vacation ladies I will find out on September 2 that's when AF is not expected to show..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->