Let's Help Each Other Out - TTC Immediately After Early m/c

I used to think it was great that I O early until I read that premature ovulation is a sign of premature ovarian failure and the egg quality isn't good when it's released early. Although the early O they talk about is mostly CD10 or earlier so I'm hoping my CD13 ovulation is ok. My AMH as of 4 months ago was 1.38 ng/ml which was still in the normal range for my age (otherwise my RE would probably push me for IUI/IVF already).

I understand what you're saying about the same hospital network. My RE's office is also part of the main hospital system here in town which also ties into DH's work. Since he's the only RE in town I don't really have a choice. Luckily he's a great doctor, very experienced, knowledgeable, and professional. He's a little bit on the conservative/reserved/cautious side - he makes things sound a lot more serious/worse than they really are sometimes in my opinion.

I think your CD13 ovulation is perfect. I know I read in a perfect world you would O on CD14 and get AF on CD28, so you would just O one day earlier and get AF a few days early...you sort of split your cycle giving you a good LP too.

I think it is important to find a good doctor, I wasn't thrilled with the new one but I figured I would trust his expertise and go along with his plan that I would be pregnant in 6 months...now I don't want to wait that long. If I am having short LP then I need some tests now, not 4 months from now. I just don't want to waste more time/money talking to doctors to find out that they don't want to run tests, etc. Is it rude to ask for tests when I book an appointment? :)

I think your CD13 ovulation is perfect. I know I read in a perfect world you would O on CD14 and get AF on CD28, so you would just O one day earlier and get AF a few days early...you sort of split your cycle giving you a good LP too.

I think it is important to find a good doctor, I wasn't thrilled with the new one but I figured I would trust his expertise and go along with his plan that I would be pregnant in 6 months...now I don't want to wait that long. If I am having short LP then I need some tests now, not 4 months from now. I just don't want to waste more time/money talking to doctors to find out that they don't want to run tests, etc. Is it rude to ask for tests when I book an appointment? :)

Before I went to my RE for the first time they had a questionnaire for me to fill out. One of the questions was "what are your expectations for this visit?" and my answer was "schedule fertility testing". And they did! :)

Before I went to my RE for the first time they had a questionnaire for me to fill out. One of the questions was "what are your expectations for this visit?" and my answer was "schedule fertility testing". And they did! :)

That is awesome! Seriously though why waste time meeting with a doctor to find out he wants to wait to test. My hubby had hernia surgery a few years ago and the doc said it could cause fertility issues, when I told the OB he said my hubby was fine. I doubt a SA would hurt him and I will pay every penny we owe for it...I just don't get it.

That is awesome! Seriously though why waste time meeting with a doctor to find out he wants to wait to test. My hubby had hernia surgery a few years ago and the doc said it could cause fertility issues, when I told the OB he said my hubby was fine. I doubt a SA would hurt him and I will pay every penny we owe for it...I just don't get it.

DH also had hernia surgery last year. We listed it under the initial questionnaire and they said it was quite important to mention it but no SA was done. We did do an at-home test and it came back positive so maybe that's why they decided to put it off and do testing on me first.

DH also had hernia surgery last year. We listed it under the initial questionnaire and they said it was quite important to mention it but no SA was done. We did do an at-home test and it came back positive so maybe that's why they decided to put it off and do testing on me first.

An at-home SA test? I might have to find more information out on that! My DH had double hernia surgery a few years ago, his doc had some clean up to do from scar tissue too. To me it seems like a SA is pretty simple out of all the tests that could be run. I could care less about how much it costs and would give me peace of mind if everything checked out okay. I guess I worry too since we are both 30+

An at-home SA test? I might have to find more information out on that! My DH had double hernia surgery a few years ago, his doc had some clean up to do from scar tissue too. To me it seems like a SA is pretty simple out of all the tests that could be run. I could care less about how much it costs and would give me peace of mind if everything checked out okay. I guess I worry too since we are both 30+

It's called SpermCheck and they sell it at Walgreens. It only tests for quantity though so it's by no means a replacement of a comprehensive semen analysis at the doctor's office but at least we know his count isn't low.

It's called SpermCheck and they sell it at Walgreens. It only tests for quantity though so it's by no means a replacement of a comprehensive semen analysis at the doctor's office but at least we know his count isn't low.

Thanks, I am going to have to check it out. I saw a kit on amazon, it had a microscope and slides. It was $70. I would love to know my hubbys count.

BFP LAST NIGHT! Was the evening of 9 dpo and I was super emotional - reconfirmed this morning and it's REAL! Nervous to get excited but can't help it… last time I didn't have any symptoms but this time my boobs hurt a bit so I'm taking that as a good sign that this little blastocyst is deeply implanted ;) YAY!

Congrats roseorbit. When did you miscarry. Went to doc yesterday and they said that everything is out of my uterus so I won't need D&C which is god news but she said nothing in the vagina for three weeks. Do I really need to wait that long?

congrats roseorbit! I saw your post before bed last night and it made me so happy! FX and keep us posted. so exciting!!

BFP LAST NIGHT! Was the evening of 9 dpo and I was super emotional - reconfirmed this morning and it's REAL! Nervous to get excited but can't help it… last time I didn't have any symptoms but this time my boobs hurt a bit so I'm taking that as a good sign that this little blastocyst is deeply implanted ;) YAY!

Congrats!! I am so excited to see you got a BFP! :happydance:

Congrats roseorbit. When did you miscarry. Went to doc yesterday and they said that everything is out of my uterus so I won't need D&C which is god news but she said nothing in the vagina for three weeks. Do I really need to wait that long?

I miscarried January 12th, ovulated January 28th, period February 10th, ovulated (and conceived!) February 22nd BFP March 3rd! I tried right away but it didn't work, I took vitamin B6 day and night which helped my ovulation get on track… Sooo happy! :happydance:

feeling pretty good today! i've had a terrible headache and i'm still getting lots of lower abdomen and pelvic pulls and twinges!

cutie: So excited, can't wait for you to :test:!

Congrats Roseorbit!!! Eeeek! :)

AFM: O day is here! :) x

Congrats rose.....gives me so much hope.
Cutie.....when will you test??

Afm. Af has finally arrived!!!! She was there to greet me first thing this am. Cant wait to start trying again. ?..hoping it doesn't take long this time.

I'm sorry the evil witch showed. :( May this brand new cycle bring you sticky! :hugs:

Congrats rose.....gives me so much hope.
Cutie.....when will you test??

Afm. Af has finally arrived!!!! She was there to greet me first thing this am. Cant wait to start trying again. ?..hoping it doesn't take long this time.

roseorbit so excited for you!!

Baby.Love12, Leinzlove AF isn't due until the 13th so I have a looong road ahead of me. I plan to test on the 17th

CutieQ: That's not very long... :) x POT of Gold at the end of the rainbow... for us all! :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->