Let's talk OLYMPICS!!!

Does anyone know why Alexandra Raisman didn't tie for bronze with Aliya Mustafina? They both had an end score of: 59.566

ETA: Never mind, I must have missed the tiebreaker thing...

I wish I could watch the weighlifting. We only have coverage on 1 channel here and they only show the more popular sports.
Not sure if someone posted this link already (I don't want to read ahead because I have today's coverage recorded and I'm trying to avoid spoilers), but in the US you can stream coverage online:

https://www.nbcolympics.com/online-listings/day=august-2/index.html

Yay from Team GB and another girl + world record

swimming now or still cycling?

I was welling up again at Chris Hoy, could see how much that win meant to him!

20 mins. until the semi-finals men's 50m freestyle! :happydance:

ETA: 3rd going into the final! Woohoo!! He's one of the older men competing...if you an call 31y.o. "older". Lol

I was welling up again at Chris Hoy, could see how much that win meant to him!

They did very well, but I'm dubious about their lead man saying he fell in the heats deliberately in order to force a re-start when he got away badly.... Don't really like the lack of sportsmanship involved.

They did very well, but I'm dubious about their lead man saying he fell in the heats deliberately in order to force a re-start when he got away badly.... Don't really like the lack of sportsmanship involved.

Really they said that? The fall was clearly happening right from the beginning and as you say unless they knew that for sure then it is bad sportsmanship to speculate like that :nope:

they said it on the bbc live too (the commentators) that if you have a prob with the bike you need to fall to get a restart.

This is what he said

"I just did it just to get the restart, because my first start wasn't the greatest. I thought just get a restart to try to play the safe card"

It was deadpan with no hint he was joking.

If the French have heard it I'll be amazed if they don't protest.

ETA: the rules are set so a restart can take place if a "mishap" occurs, not sure what counts and not though. It is also in contrast to the Spanish rider in the Time Trial yesterday... His chain broke on the start gate... Bad luck, you don't get to go again.

I think the medal will stand but I'm not impressed by their behaviour this evening.. Taints the brilliant riding in the final somewhat which is a shame.

Oh wow, I thought you meant that they (the opposition) was saying that. Well that isnt right, and why would you even tell any one that if you did? :wacko:

I'm not sure to be honest! He'll, sorry I can't remember his name, probably just claim that he misunderstood the question (I believe he's German and has only lived in the UK a couple of years) but that seems pretty clear to me. :shrug:

Its common place in cycling though :shrug: His front wheel clearly wasn't gripping to the track and the rule is if theres a 'mishap' you can fall to get a restart. Remember he is foreign and english isn't his first language. The interviewer said 'pull a fast one' he heard the word fast and said yes lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->