Let's talk OLYMPICS!!!

Ifbhe can't understand the language of the country he is competing for, he shouldn't be competing.

Everyone else got grip ok.. He messed up the start and made sure he fell.. Not exactly a shining example this German is he?

I think it stinks - a stench of hyposcrisy is in the air... Anyone for badminton??

He has every right to compete for his country! That was really a mean comment of you :shrug: he wasnt match fixing, he followed cycling rules unlike the chinese badminton players. If there was doubts, we'd have been DQd like the women were.

It may be mean by your interpretation, but thats my opinion, which I am entitled to hold and I am not the only one who shares it.

He was questioned about it.. And guess what? He denied it... In my book he's a cheat and a liar, end of.

I didnt see the interview so cant really comment on that but dont think it is fair to say he shouldnt compete for GB because of the language barrier. There are plenty of people who have or can have dual nationality for whatever reason and therefore they should have the right to pick. my Dh could have dual nationality if he wanted it for Grenada, if he was good at any sport :)rofl:) I am pretty sure he would pick to play for them, their offical language is English but i it wasnt then I doubt that would stop him.

Any way another good morning for GB a new WR in the hurdles, and a bronze in rowing. :happydance:

Re the nationality - 2 years ago he was competing for Germany.

He had to petition the IOC to waive the 3 year rule to magically change nationality...

well none of us are rule experts so...

The guy who fell off his bike so the race had to restart clearly had issues at the start, they have no brakes on those bikes he was well within his rights to fall off. He couldn't continue cycling like that. It wasn't cheating - evidently as they're still allowed their medals.

Good stuff from Satch and Nash in the pair. I am good friends with Reed and Hodge who got beaten time and again by the Kiwis, and the best they would have got is silver so a bronze for a young pair is really really good news :)

Watching Kath Grainger go for gold now.. But hear that Jess Ennis is doing a good job so far.. Excellent :)

Re the nationality - 2 years ago he was competing for Germany.

He had to petition the IOC to waive the 3 year rule to magically change nationality...

And the IOC clearly okayed it. If the rule makers say it is okay it isnt really debatable.

Dani that is EXACTLY what I said, he was having problems right from the off.

Well done the rowers, pleased for Grainger after Beijing.

You know I'm feeling very liberated for us women, another gold in rowing!

Ifbhe can't understand the language of the country he is competing for, he shouldn't be competing.

Everyone else got grip ok.. He messed up the start and made sure he fell.. Not exactly a shining example this German is he?

I think it stinks - a stench of hyposcrisy is in the air... Anyone for badminton??

What a ridiculous thing to say! Some countries have more than one official language, south Africa for example has 11! Not every south African can speak all 11.

hope jess brings us a gold tomorrow too! 4 golds in 24 hours... amazing!

And also Catherine ohuruogu has a chance of winning a medal! I watched an old clip back in the 40's of women doing the 100m sprints, it must have been frowned upon. But now, a gold for women is cherished just as much. I need to stop getting teary eyed :D

alan is absolutely exhausted! gave it his all and well, well deserved.

I am feeling so proud for team gb! I'm not even British but I have lived here for 5.5 yrs,does that count?

I am feeling so proud for team gb! I'm not even British but I have lived here for 5.5 yrs,does that count?

Very much so. It makes me smile to see my Canadian friend who has lived in GB for quite a while now on her fb cheering on both Canada and Team GB :thumbup:

Ahhh! I'm so excited, fourth on the medal table. Team GB are doing so so well! :D proud!

Ahhh! I'm so excited, fourth on the medal table. Team GB are doing so so well! :D proud!

Amazing isnt it? We are a tiny country really, so for us (and Korea) to be doing so well is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->