Let's welcome Soy to this cycle!!!! 42 BFP's so far!!!!

So sorry about your loss! I'm hoping that soy will work for you too & you'll get you Bfp very soon.

Xx

Thanks 3boys and Madrid! And thanks for being excited with me when I had the lines last week 3boys! It's so nice to have people here who understand, to me it was a loss, even though it was only positive for a few days! When I showed my two close friends the faint lines & told them that I started bleeding, one of them said with a smile, "You test too often!" That was it. I cried so much when I got home.

But I'm feeling much better now and am looking forward to this cycle. Can't wait to be bump buddies with you guys! :)

my opinion is that a loss is a loss, of course you are grieving, a baby was concieved so dont let anyone belittle how you feel! x x

Just curious, have anyone of you talked to your OBGYN about using soy to conceive? I'm curious what doctors have to say about it, such as any possible negatives? I know my doc will say he doesn't recommend it (it seems like all US doctors never recommend anything not FDA approved).

I did not tell my doctor, I figure if I consumed a lot of soy in my diet it would be similar to taking supplements. My friend asked if she could start taking epo at 38 wks pregnant and the doctor looked at her as if she asked if she could have a 6 pack. I think midwives are much more into the benefits of natural supplements.

I didn't tell anybody apart from all of you but I guess it's a bit like everything in life, there are different opinions about it & it shouldn't be abused so that it doesn't harm your body.

In regards to your loss I agree with 3boys that a loss is always hard to deal with. We've both been there so we know. Your so called "friend" I'd say is very insensitive & probably she hasn't been through the same. If I were you I'd keep my ttc journey private from her. Women like that make me really angry. Maybe she'll realise her mistake one day.

Xx

I didnt take soy yet hun so i dont really know what a doctor would of said.

So ladies, I have a question for you. My soy FINALLY arrived... should I really wait until AF shows up to take it? I'm on CD 90-something and haven't even ovulated yet. I stopped taking vitex 2 days ago or so. I'd been taking it about 3 months... I don't necessarily think I can blame it for the length of my cycle though because I've had longer cycles than this before when I wasn't taking anything. I would say this is probably my 3rd longest cycle though.

I am thinking that I should wait... but I was wondering if any ladies with longer cycles have any thoughts on whether or not I could artificially call tomorrow (for example) CD3 and take soy for the next 5 days. 3 months of nothing is so frustrating! If you look at my chart I think it's pretty evident I'm not pregnant and haven't even ovulated, so it's not like I would be messing up my TWW or accidently causing a miscarriage or anything...

P.S. Going to/talking with my doctor is not an option -- I don't have one at the moment. In July I plan to make an appointment with an ob/gyn as it will have been a year since we started trying. I was hoping to go for the ob part... not the gyn part but I'm running out of time for that.

if i were you i probably would do something like that, i would think what harm can it do? but im no expert in fact i know nothing so you should probably wait on someone elses advice.

K12345t - I'm sorry for your loss and yes it is a loss. I too had very faint lines on Thursday and they then got fainter, then disappeared and yesterday AF arrived. To me that was still a little baby and I grieved for him/her. I'm lucky that the 2 close friends I told were very understanding and just wanted to make sure I was OK. I hope you get pg again soon with a sticky little bean hun!

I've been taking Soy the past 6 months as I don't ovulate without it and I'll be continuin to take it until I get my sticky BFP!

so sorry for your loss Reenie! x x

So sorry about your loss Rennie!!

Nevernormal have you tried fresh ginger tea? It's not an abortive but can help get your af.

k12345t looking forward to be bump buddies with you too!!

XX

Ginger = gross... but I suppose I could try it. The things we go through for babies... ;)

Sorry to hear of your loss Rennie!

Edit: I just googled it... apparently parsley is a possibility too. I will try parsley first I think, and let you know how it goes! Ginger can possibly give you hot flashes and restlessness, parsley isn't supposed to have them!

So sorry rennie!

I am thinking of taking soy next cycle...are there consistent positive reviews? Are there certain times when you must/should take it?

Hey just wanted everyone to know if ff is correct soy brought O day from cd 18 to cd 12 or 13!!

Parsley? I had about a spoonful or 2 of parsley yesterday as I prepared tabouleh for dinner!!! I'm glad I didn't eat more then!!

You have to take soy from cd3 to cd7; there are other options but I took it on those days. Good luck ChristinaG!!

Alicia soy changed my O from cd22-24 to cd14.

Xx

Parsley? I had about a spoonful or 2 of parsley yesterday as I prepared tabouleh for dinner!!! I'm glad I didn't eat more then!!

Yup, parsley. Neither ginger or parsley is supposed to be an abortificant though. They do cause mild uterine contractions or something like that, but from what I've read it shouldn't really affect a healthy pregnancy. Sex/orgasm can cause you to have uterine contractions too, but many women continue to do that for at least part of their pregnancy!

Nevernormal- I don't know what soy will do for you at this point.. Aren't your boobs killing you? When I made it to day 70 it felt like I had implants in there!! My doctor gave me prometrium, which does not make you ovulate but after taking it for 10 days and then stopping is supposed to bring on your period. I wonder if there are OTC pills out there similar to prometrium? Good luck, I hope something works for you soon!

Nevernormal- I don't know what soy will do for you at this point.. Aren't your boobs killing you? When I made it to day 70 it felt like I had implants in there!! My doctor gave me prometrium, which does not make you ovulate but after taking it for 10 days and then stopping is supposed to bring on your period. I wonder if there are OTC pills out there similar to prometrium? Good luck, I hope something works for you soon!

Lol no my boobs are not killing me. They have been a little sensitive off and on recently, and my hips have been a little achy. That's about it! Prometrium is some kind of progestin, right? I have some progesterone cream (haven't used any yet), so I wonder if I could use that in the same way (well not ingest it, but use it for 10 days or so then stop). I think for the next 3 days I will try parsley tea to try to induce AF... if she doesn't come, I'll probably break down and make the doctor's appointment. I was going to call anyway sometime in July, probably with the appointment in August.

Thanks nevernormal but just to be safe I gave the tabouleh to my friend, lol.

It must be very hard to have such long cycles!!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"