Let's welcome Soy to this cycle!!!! 42 BFP's so far!!!!

Hi Ladies

I have started taking my soy. Took 100 mg on CD 3 and 4. On CD 5 today and will be taking 150mg.

Should I take 150mg on CD6 as well and then 200 on CD 7? or perhaps 150mg today, and then 200mg for CD 6 and 7?

Hey everyone.

I can finally start my soy as AF arrived after a close to 60 day cycle!!! I'll be taking it from cd2-7 and gradually increasing the amount.

I used to have 29 day cycles, very regular but the last 2 cycles have been a lot longer so my question would be when should I start DTD and doing OPKS?

Fingers crossed for everyone starting this cycle!! xo

I feel ya - I also had cycles that were around 29 days, then an anov, and my last one was 55 days. It SUCKED!!!!! I am cd13 today, did soy cd3-7. I started doing OPK's cd10, so far all bfns :growlmad: As far as dtd, after exhausting DH (which I never before thought was possible :winkwink: ) last cycle jumping him every time I thought O might be coming (which happened a lot, then nothing), we have agreed this cycle to just dtd at least 3 times per week all cycle, figuring that should keep :spermy::spermy::spermy: around up there pretty consistently. He did agree to an increase in frequency if I am certain that I am ovulating, since hopefully it will not take 38 days and lots of false alarms this cycle due to the soy (FX's!).

Good Luck and :dust::dust::dust:

Irregular cycles are not fun!! I think we'll do the same, BD every other day until I OV.

Also, I'm bleeding but it's not full flow.. should I count this as day 1 of AF any way or wait until I'm heavy? Don't want to take Soy too early xxx

I don't know - if you're just spotting, I wouldn't count that as day 1. Last cycle I spotted pretty light for a day, and then the next day it became more like my regular flow - I counted the regular flow day as cd1. That was also the day my temp fell, so I was confident in it being cd1. I agree that with the soy it is better to err on the side of caution, so if I were you, I would wait until you get a regular flow and then, at least for soy purposes, count that as cd1. I took my soy in the evening days 3-7, so in some ways I guess it was almost like taking it 4-8, since i didn't take it until almost bedtime. Good luck!!

May I please join you??? I am a newbie to Soy Iso's. I am on my last day. I did 220mg Cd 2-6. I chose Soy Iso's because when I take Clomid I wake up in a ouddle of sweat. I also can't deal with myself and my moods swings. I feel like I'm 2 different people when taking that stuff. Soy Iso's have been MUCH better.

Would LOVE to get to know all of you! I am also new to BnB.

hello ladies! hope you dont mind that i drop by. I am also trying soy for the first time and I am hoping for my :bfp: in august!! This is my 3rd cycle since my twin miscarriage at 8 weeks, so i have been desperately trying to get pregnant again. yesterday was my first day of soy, i took 120 mg which is 3 tablets. i have 4 more days of soy to go and hoping for a good month!

good luck to you all!!! :dust:

Cd 31 - This is the 5th day of spotting, I am so confused as to what is going on. Sometimes it is a reddish colour and sometimes brown - sometimes theres nothing.
Have not needed to wear a pad or anything its been so light.
Has anyone had similar experence?

Hi Ladies

I have started taking my soy. Took 100 mg on CD 3 and 4. On CD 5 today and will be taking 150mg.

Should I take 150mg on CD6 as well and then 200 on CD 7? or perhaps 150mg today, and then 200mg for CD 6 and 7?

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but is it ok for you to take that much soy after surviving breast cancer? Or is that only certain types of cancer that you have to worry about estrogen?

hiya im hopeing someone could help me
i am interested in taking soy but i am on day 6 of my period is this too late to start takin??

thanks in advance

Bexsy- it might be too late. I haven't seen anything about starting past day 5. I know taking it too late can delay ovulation. But maybe you could start today and just do 4 days? I don't know if that would help or hurt or be indifferent. Sorry I don't have more answers for you!
https://www.justmommies.com/getting...lements/soy-isoflavones-natural-alternative-t

Hi Bexsy - This cycle I started soy on CD6 since I didn't buy it until that day. I took 120mg on CD 6, 7, &8 and then 160mg on CD9. I had no headaches, nauseousness, or ovulation pains. It also didn't affect my ovulation day since I ovulated on CD16 as I have the last couple months. It did, however, greatly affect my temperatures. They were quite erratic going up and down sporadically and were overall much higher than they had been pre-soy. My temps after ovulation are lower than normal as well but staying above the coverline so far. I'm really hoping for my BFP this cycle (#5 for us) but if we don't get it, I'll try soy again next cycle and see how it goes. I'll probably take it beginning on CD1 instead though since I've heard that increases the likelihood of multiples and we're really hoping for twins. Anyway - good luck to you!

hi...i think im going to try soy this cycle too. Im on CD1..went to the store and bought "Natrol Soy Isoflavones 10mg; dang i read the back and i saw 50mg so i figured they were 50 each/nope the serving size is 5 capsules so that means they are only 10mg each...grr..so many pills. When and how many should i start with?

Hi Bexsy - This cycle I started soy on CD6 since I didn't buy it until that day. I took 120mg on CD 6, 7, &8 and then 160mg on CD9. I had no headaches, nauseousness, or ovulation pains. It also didn't affect my ovulation day since I ovulated on CD16 as I have the last couple months. It did, however, greatly affect my temperatures. They were quite erratic going up and down sporadically and were overall much higher than they had been pre-soy. My temps after ovulation are lower than normal as well but staying above the coverline so far. I'm really hoping for my BFP this cycle (#5 for us) but if we don't get it, I'll try soy again next cycle and see how it goes. I'll probably take it beginning on CD1 instead though since I've heard that increases the likelihood of multiples and we're really hoping for twins. Anyway - good luck to you!

Hi Bexsy, thanks for your post, it calmed me down a bit. I was so worried because of my erratic BBT, one day 36.6, the next day falling down to 36.0 then back up again to 36.4, the down again... :shrug: Already on CD 15 but no signs of ovulation yet. Well, I never really O before CD18.

Ok, let's all get that :bfp: :dust: to everyone here and I'm sure that BFP count will increase soon.

well i just went to doc to check all my levels and im bummed out =( my e2 is way to high for stimulating becuase of this haemoraghic cyst on my right ovary... so dont know wether to continue with the soy and hope and pray it works or wait till next cycle? or am i just reading too much into this, and should just let nature take its course? :shrug:

LH 5
FSH 6
E2 158 :grr:
PROG 1.1

Hi tinks, I read somewhere that high E2 during the early stages of the cycle could be normal for women who ovulate early. So, maybe you will just ovulate early this cycle so u have heaps of estrogen in your bloodstream. As I would like to say to myself, relax and trust your body to do its thing! :dance:

Well I have some great news I think :) after much stressing myself out and worrying I've loads of hours on research on these damn levels of mine and I realised that the E2 levels are in pmol not pgml so I had to convert them over which makes them only 43 instead of 158 in which is PERFECT for CD2 e2 levels along with my lh & fsh :happy:

the other good news Is that my gyno rang today & had a cancellation on Friday so I dint have the lengthy waitlist so fx she will do a U/S & hopefully some gorgeous little follies in there courtesy of the soy :-D

Sorry had to update I feel like everything is finally on track after all the hassle I've been thru with my past having the pcos I can glady say I've cured myself from :-D

Anyhow enough about me how are all you lovely ladies coming along with your soy? Any side effects? any O twinges?

:babydust: to all xx

Have attached a little link in case any of you are wondering what the reccomended levels are for each of your hormones on certain cycle days, :)

https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

Today will be my 3rd day taking soy, 120mg at night and i feel great! On day one I did experience some hot flashes, but nothing that I could'nt handle. My period even became lighter the second day of taking it! I don't know if it was the soy but im giving it all the credit!! Hopefully it will make my O come sooner thaN CD20...by the way this will be my first cycle using OPKs, what day should I start testing? any advice would help, thanks!

Today will be my 3rd day taking soy, 120mg at night and i feel great! On day one I did experience some hot flashes, but nothing that I could'nt handle. My period even became lighter the second day of taking it! I don't know if it was the soy but im giving it all the credit!! Hopefully it will make my O come sooner thaN CD20...by the way this will be my first cycle using OPKs, what day should I start testing? any advice would help, thanks!

The hot flushes are normal from wat I've gathered from other people ttc using soy :) & yes AF is def lighter I've found too this is my first cycle & it's been really light which I'm pleased about

Start testing with opk 3 days after your last dose of soy, you should O 5-10 days after your last dose of soy :) as if you test too early you might get a false positive from the soy

Good luck and fx

ok thanks tinks!! Oh and another question, when using the opks it is best to test twice a day correct? thats just what ive read from other posts on here.

***baby dust***

Yep your safe to test with opk's from about 10am onwards but your better off doing it at around 2pm in the afternoon, so perhaps test then, and then again before bed? as this is when your LH levels dre higher, opk's work the opposite to hpt's, where the levels increase thru out the day, where as a hpt your levels are higher in the morning, also try to minimise your fluids for 2 hours leading up to your opk, as you don't want to dilute your urine giving a inconclusive possibly negative reading and miss your window :)

Looks like it is a lighter period, took preg test and came back negative.
I have no idea wha day should be cd 1 though as the spotting started on cd27 and today is cd 33 - but today seems to be more like a period than the past week.

Hi ladies!!! Just saying hi!!! I'm leaving to go to eastern Spain tomorrow and I'm afraid I'll have no internet there. So I guess is good by and good luck until the 11th August at least.

Take care and I want many more BFP's on my return!!!

XX

Madrid,
Enjoy your break

Still enjoying the break, a bit more spontaneous with BD as well. Will be waiting for next cycle (late august) to start soya. Best of luck with everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->