Let's welcome Soy to this cycle!!!! 42 BFP's so far!!!!

I'm not even sure what's going on anymore...

Still not a + OPK. Have my last one to take today.

Last week got lots of EWCM and thought I was ovulating Friday. Had lots of pains and uncomfortable-ness. Yesterday, CM was abundant and very creamy. Today there's lots and it's more like EWCM now.

BD last Sunday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and yesterday. We'll continue probably tomorrow, Friday, and Sunday to cover our bases. I sure hope we still have a chance this month!

Hmmm... Just had routine lab work done for work (required for health insurance) and my triglyceride levels went from 119 last year to 38 this year. Good triglyceride level is less than 150. Not sure that this is a good thing, I've done some research and saw that soy can mess with your thyroid, and hyperthyroid can cause very low triglycerides. I left a message with my primary care doctor, will have to tell them what I did, lol. I'll update you guys!

Well I have some great news I think :) after much stressing myself out and worrying I've loads of hours on research on these damn levels of mine and I realised that the E2 levels are in pmol not pgml so I had to convert them over which makes them only 43 instead of 158 in which is PERFECT for CD2 e2 levels along with my lh & fsh :happy:

the other good news Is that my gyno rang today & had a cancellation on Friday so I dint have the lengthy waitlist so fx she will do a U/S & hopefully some gorgeous little follies in there courtesy of the soy :-D

Sorry had to update I feel like everything is finally on track after all the hassle I've been thru with my past having the pcos I can glady say I've cured myself from :-D

Anyhow enough about me how are all you lovely ladies coming along with your soy? Any side effects? any O twinges?

:babydust: to all xx
\

Hi tinks80 - that's great news solving the E2 mystery, :thumbup: I find it interesting that we TTCers are suddenly interested with what we learn in our science class in high school. :book:

I wished my GP has done my Estrogen level as well because I would suspect that it is also kinda low, which is why I am taking the Soy so I could O earlier.

Well I have some great news I think :) after much stressing myself out and worrying I've loads of hours on research on these damn levels of mine and I realised that the E2 levels are in pmol not pgml so I had to convert them over which makes them only 43 instead of 158 in which is PERFECT for CD2 e2 levels along with my lh & fsh :happy:

the other good news Is that my gyno rang today & had a cancellation on Friday so I dint have the lengthy waitlist so fx she will do a U/S & hopefully some gorgeous little follies in there courtesy of the soy :-D

Sorry had to update I feel like everything is finally on track after all the hassle I've been thru with my past having the pcos I can glady say I've cured myself from :-D

Anyhow enough about me how are all you lovely ladies coming along with your soy? Any side effects? any O twinges?

:babydust: to all xx
\

Hi tinks80 - that's great news solving the E2 mystery, :thumbup: I find it interesting that we TTCers are suddenly interested with what we learn in our science class in high school. :book:

I wished my GP has done my Estrogen level as well because I would suspect that it is also kinda low, which is why I am taking the Soy so I could O earlier.

i know im right into everythng i can find now relevant or not if its to do with ttc, then i wanna know :haha: you can never have too much information when it comes to ttc

perhaps when you next get AF, (hoping you dun and you get your :bfp:) but if you do book an appt to see him on day 2-3 of your cycle and ask them to do a LH, FSH, E2, PROG, PROLACTIN, bloods and then make sure they come back within the next 24hours so you can start your soy, tis way you will be able to have a better understanding of where your body is at.

here is what all the bloods mean and what their optimum results should eb at,

Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) Day 3 3-20 mIU/ml
FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.

Estradiol (E2) Day 3 25-75 pg/ml
Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.

Estradiol (E2) Day 4-5 of meds 100+ pg/ml or 2x Day 3
There are no charts showing E2 levels during stimulation since there is a wide variation depending on how many follicles are being produced and their size. Most doctors will consider any increase in E2 a positive sign, but others use a formula of either 100 pg/ml after 4 days of stims, or a doubling in E2 from the level taken on cycle day 3.

Estradiol (E2) Surge/hCG day 200 + pg/ml
The levels should be 200-600 per mature (18 mm) follicle. These levels are sometimes lower in overweight women.

Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Day 3 < 7 mIU/ml
A normal LH level is similar to FSH. An LH that is higher than FSH is one indication of PCOS.
Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Surge Day > 20 mIU/ml The LH surge leads to ovulation within 48 hours.

Prolactin Day 3 < 24 ng/ml
Increased prolactin levels can interfere with ovulation. They may also indicate further testing (MRI) should be done to check for a pituitary tumor. Some women with PCOS also have hyperprolactinemia.

Progesterone (P4) Day 3 < 1.5 ng/ml
Often called the follicular phase level. An elevated level may indicate a lower pregnancy rate. If low progesterone levels are an issue for you, consider taking a natural fertility supplement like FertilAid for Women.

Progesterone (P4) 7 dpo > 15 ng/ml
A progesterone test is done to confirm ovulation. When a follicle releases its egg, it becomes what is called a corpus luteum and produces progesterone. A level over 5 probably indicates some form of ovulation, but most doctors want to see a level over 10 on a natural cycle, and a level over 15 on a medicated cycle. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy. Some say the test may be more accurate if done first thing in the morning after fasting

:dust::dust::dust:

@k12345t

Hey k12345t.

No problem in asking. That is actually a very good question. I have done sooo much research on it (and obviously survived it), that I kind of feel like an expert :)

When breast cancer is tested and classified, there are a few things that will be indicated on the pathology report. One of the things that is tested, is your estrogen and progesterone levels of the cancer. Most breast cancers is positive for either of those or both. This will be indicated on your report as ER+/PR+ or ER-/PR+ etc. These types of breast cancer respond really well to hormone treatment, but it also means that this breast cancer's growth can also be adversely affected by hormone treatment. So for example, if you have breast cancer or had breast cancer that tested positive for either of these hormones, you should stop using any BC, menopausal supplements (including soy) and other supplements influencing hormones.

However, sometimes people have a breast cancer that is not very common. This breast cancer no only shows negative for any hormones, but also includes the presence of a specific protein called HER. If you are HER+ (like I am, I am actually HER++), then it means that your options of treatment are rather limited compared to hormone positive breast cancers. HER is also indicative of an aggressive breast cancer with a high recurrence rate.

Hence why using soy would not have an influence on me. I got the go ahead from both my oncologist and my gynaecologist. My mom however, had breast cancer with ER and PR+ and she had to stop her medication for menopause. She also now has to take an estrogen receptor medication (blocks estrogen), for 5 years. I don't have to do that as that would be of no benefit to me.

I have been in remission now for 4 months. I am going for my first 4 month scan this thursday.

Hi everyone!

Update on me! im on cd 14 i have sticky cm so i dont think im ov eny time soon!:(
My cervix was high is now to the left but feels more medium! Im not sure whats going on and if soy has even worked for me!!!! Maybe its the pcos or maybe ill just have to take more next month, only time will tell!!

xx

Thanks Tinks, that's very helpful information.

cd4 done with period. lol. it was very light this month. maybe because of the soy. who knows. :)

Yesterday, I had my darkest OPK out of the bunch. Still wasn't positive, but I'm assuming if I took another that night or today, it would be. I've also had major ovulation cramping. My abdomen is soo sore right now. But, we'll get plenty of BDing in the next few days. Hope it works!

Good morning ladies! Mind if i join you? I was so glad to find a current soy thread - so many from 2008 and 2009, this one took me forever to read! LOL.
I am cycle #2 TTC baby #4. I started soy last month but misread the label and only was taking 30-60 mg per day - oops. Also I ignored all my body's signs for O and waited 48 extra hours for a +OPK, so I missed it. Even my temps were off - but it was my first "normal 28-day" cycle after 4 yrs with Mirena and no AF for 42+ months, so I am calling that my adjustment period - no pun intended.
Anyway, CD1 was yesterday and I am excited to take the right dose of soy this month. I am also planning EPO following the soy and definitely NOT using an OPK - just following what my body tells me......oh, and planning to attack DH from CD11-16 everyday - LOL.

welcome momof3! I am new to this thread too, but the ladies here are very nice and have lots of valuable information about soy. This was my first cycle of soy and my last day taking it is today! so i am super excited to see if it helped me out any. not many side effects for me, just a few hot flashes, but nothing bad at all! Good luck and hopefully the soy brings you a BFP!!

i have 2 more days of soy. i hope it works for me :) i haven't really noticed any side effects because i take them before i sleep. only thing i noticed is that period was shorter and very light.

i have 2 more days of soy. i hope it works for me :) i haven't really noticed any side effects because i take them before i sleep. only thing i noticed is that period was shorter and very light.

I too take them at night, and i also had a lighter period this month. i did notice than i had like a day or two of spoting, but it was only a small amount. hopefully we can have some soy success!! :dust:

sounds like me alot of spotting more than a good flow. I hope the soy is helping :)

are you supposed to wait a few days after taking soy to start using opks?

i asked the same question and someone one here told me to wait until cd10. she said just to prevent a false positive from the soy. i did use an opk yesterday(cd6) and it was negative, so i think i am going to wait. but i would watch for changes in your cm, if it starts to give you signs before then, i would test. or whenever you feel comfortable doing so.

thank you. thats what i figured to wait a couple days. i still have 2 more days of the soy i guess i will wait till cd 9 or cd 10 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->