Let's welcome Soy to this cycle!!!! 42 BFP's so far!!!!

Lolli - do you chart? Can you post a link to your chart? Did you take Soy this month? What days and doses if you did?

Lolli - do you chart? Can you post a link to your chart? Did you take Soy this month? What days and doses if you did?

Hey :D I don't chart, will definitely start if I don't get my BFP this month so I can put my mind at east a bit.

This was my first month of Soy and I did CD2-6 40,80,120,160 and 200 :D xoxo

Lollipopbop - Hmmm... I'm not sure. I'm no expert with OPKs with lines (my first month, always used digis), but I posted my positive yesterday... And the one below was just determined negative (dipped my digi in the same urine). :shrug:

AFM...

CD13 - +OPK 11:15a
CD14 - +OPK at 10:30a
CD14 - -OPK at 2:30p (see below)

https://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac325/IsaacsMamaBear/IMG00488-20110819-1504.jpg

Question - So if my temp follows through tomorrow (please, please, please), then I can conclude I O'd today before 2:30p... Is that right? Or does it mean O is less than 12-36 hrs away, so that if my temp doesn't go up tomorrow, then tomorrow could possibly be O day? I don't know why I'm so worried I'll gear up and not O ... :sad2:

Lollipopbop - Hmmm... I'm not sure. I'm no expert with OPKs with lines (my first month, always used digis), but I posted my positive yesterday... And the one below was just determined negative (dipped my digi in the same urine). :shrug:

AFM...

CD13 - +OPK 11:15a
CD14 - +OPK at 10:30a
CD14 - -OPK at 2:30p (see below)

https://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac325/IsaacsMamaBear/IMG00488-20110819-1504.jpg

Question - So if my temp follows through tomorrow (please, please, please), then I can conclude I O'd today before 2:30p... Is that right? Or does it mean O is less than 12-36 hrs away, so that if my temp doesn't go up tomorrow, then tomorrow could possibly be O day? I don't know why I'm so worried I'll gear up and not O ... :sad2:

Looking back at your OPKs from a few days ago has cheered me up cos mine look similar so I hope I get my big fat OPK! I'm sure you did O, hope your temps match up xo

I think you're nearly there lollipopbop!! On what cd did you O last month?

Oooh I do hope so! Well last cycle was a trip haha.. it was 60+ days so I gave up on testing on cbfm or OPKs but I assume I O'd on cd50 something :wacko:

Do you think because they are getting darker that I must O soon and it won't be such a long cycle? I hope so :( Before TTC my AF was always on time and my cycle was always 29 days.. It's amazing what the power of the mind can do to your body! xo

Yes I think getting darker means you're getting closer. Definitely!!!

Being under pressure is never good! Fx'd not long for you now!! Just try to relax if you can. I know isn't easy!

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I just wanted to chime in and say that it is absolutely possible to get a positive OPK and not ovulate, just as it is possible to get an almost positive OPK and then not have the lines get darker over subsequent days. I am living proof :growlmad::(:(:( I sincerely hope that isn't the case for any of you, and I'm guessing it is pretty rare, but I just thought I'd throw that out there in case someone else ends up experiencing the same thing. I'm on CD 33, no O yet (I temp so I'm sure), but have had 3 almost positive and 1 positive OPK so far this cycle. I took soy this cycle because last cycle was similar (I finally O'd CD 38 that cycle, so still have some hope for this one). But soy certainly did nothing for me, except to make me spot continuously from CD20 onward. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, just getting more and more frustrated by the day. I'll stop now!

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Christine - Oh no!!! That would be horrible:nope: So what days did you take soy? And what were your doses? What day did you get your +OPK? And did you use a digi to confirm (or just go based on lines)? Have you ever had this happen before (+OPK but no O)? As for the spotting, are you normally a spotter? Are you BF'ing? I'm just really curious ...

Hi all!
I might take soy next cycle... I was just wondering what mg of soy capsules to buy?- 40mg?
I've been ttc almost 3 years and clomid hasn't gave me a bfp and I'm waiting for my lap in december so I'm wanting to try anything I can... I have pcos will soy still work ok?
X

christine7611 how much soy did you take? I'm sorry you aren't getting any joy from this.

Hi all!
I might take soy next cycle... I was just wondering what mg of soy capsules to buy?- 40mg?
I've been ttc almost 3 years and clomid hasn't gave me a bfp and I'm waiting for my lap in december so I'm wanting to try anything I can... I have pcos will soy still work ok?
X

Welcome! This is a great group of ladies and yes, Soy should help with PCOS. Did you O with Clomid at all? 40mg pills are great - most women start cycle 1 with 80-120mg/day.
You will find so much info here and we are very chatty! :thumbup:

:dust::dust::dust:

Ugh - I caved and tested with 1st Response this morning and of course :bfn: (9dpo) - why do i do this to myself? :nope:

Now i am itching for a Wondfo test and of course it's Satuday so even with overnite shipping it would not get here til Monday and by then maybe my crappy expensive tests may be able to read a BFP?!?!?
Maybe I really am not pg - but this month my timing was good, my chart looks hopeful and I just keep thinking that I must have CTE this month?????
UGH - I really hate the 2WW - it is pure torture and I am so envious of the mommies who get BFP 9-10dpo!!!

Do any of you know, besides Wondfo 10miU, what is the best test to buy at the store? I am going to visit countdowntopregnancy.com and see what their stats show. :brat:

My Ovulation Chart

MomtoIandE - update me on your temps.....dying to know if you are joining me for this torturous 2WW - LOL

Momof3 - Sorry about the crappy :bfn: ... My guess is that the :blue: will be arriving for you this month, and it's just too early - Your timing was excellent, and your O was very early (stronger, more viable, better CL, etc). But yes, the TWW sucks!!! :hissy:

As for what test to buy, here's a pretty good list - https://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html

Also, this article is pretty dated, but it points out what everyone repeats about FRER, that it can detect HCG at ~6miu ... https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/27/earlyshow/health/main538075.shtml

Not sure which one I'll buy this month (will likely use the rest of my Wondfos too), but I'm gonna try to hold out until 11DPO :saywhat: Yeah, we'll see how that goes ... Easy for me to say at 1DPO ... That's right - I O'd yesterday!!!! :wohoo:

Take a look at my chart :happydance: I know I need a couple more days for FF to confirm, but I think it's safe to say I O'd yesterday!!!!

CD13, +OPK 11:15a, BD 2p
CD14, BD 5:30a, +OPK 10:30a, -OPK 2:30p (O day)
CD15, BD 5:30a

What do you guys think of my timing?! My gut is that we don't need to :sex: tonight, as the egg only lives 12-24 hrs. So if I O'd any time yesterday (CD14) (even say 11:59p) then CD16 would be too late, right? Maybe I just need to sit back and join the TWW :wacko: I've decided they need to add a nail-biting smiley, BTW... But I am so happy to be here!!!

Thank you, Momof3 :hugs: Thank you, SOY (moved O day from CD22 to CD14)!!!!

:dust: TO EVERYBODY!!!!

Christine - Oh no!!! That would be horrible:nope: So what days did you take soy? And what were your doses? What day did you get your +OPK? And did you use a digi to confirm (or just go based on lines)? Have you ever had this happen before (+OPK but no O)? As for the spotting, are you normally a spotter? Are you BF'ing? I'm just really curious ...

Thanks for the sympathy! (and from you, too, Madrid). I took soy in the evening CD3-7, started with 40mg, then 80, 120, 160, 200. I had almost positive OPK's on CD's 16, 21, 26, and the positive on CD 23. I'm not sure all of the almost positives are on my FF chart, as it just got old to keep putting negative signs in there, and I didn't put the positive in b/c I wanted to wait to see if I actually O'd first, and when I didn't, it didn't seem to matter :( Charting's no fun when nothing ever changes! Anyway, I did not use a digi, but the lines were definitely positive. But I know from reading up on things that all the positive OPK means is that you had an LH surge, but that doesn't mean that the egg will actually pop. For the vast majority of people this is what will happen after an LH surge, but apparently there are some of us with bodies that just like to be different :growlmad: And, yes, I have had this happen before. I had several almost and at least 1 positive last cycle. I had given up on them by the time I actually O'd on CD 38 that cycle (but knew it was coming due to O pains and CM - we did time BD'ing right, but no luck). I am definitely NOT normally a spotter, other than occasionally the day before AF. And the plan this cycle was to BD every other day, which we have mostly stuck to, although we have taken breaks when it's clear that there is no O imminent (my CM is typically a good indicator).

Thanks for all the questions and interest! If you can figure it all out for me, I will name my baby after you!:haha: I have wondered if maybe I needed to take a higher dose of soy, but at this point I don't think I'm willing to try it again. I think the next step is to go to the doctor and have blood work and maybe other testing done to see what's going on. I've only O'd once in the past 4 months, so clearly something's not right. If I were younger I would probably try a higher dose of soy next cycle first to see if that helped, but I don't feel like I have time to wait through another monster-long cycle if that's what it would be again. I will be 35 in December and am still holding on to the dream of having several children.

Anyhow, sorry this is so long, but thanks for listening! It helps to be able to vent it all out. And I LOVE how helpful soy has been for so many ladies on this site and in this thread. Hopefully I will find what I need soon, and we will all see each other over on the pregnancy boards!!

:dust::dust::dust:

Momof3 I also got a bfn today :( 8dpo!!! So depressing! But hang in there Hun!!

Momof3wants5- thanks for the reply :) well the nurse said I didn't ovulate but the top fs said I responded well to clomid so who knows lol! So do you take a different mg everyday? And where did u get your soy from? And do you use capsules? I'm only about cd20 now but just want all the info for next month thanks xx

Christine - You poor thing!!!! Yeah, I would definitely talk to a doc ... I just don't think it's normal to spot so much throughout your cycle, like you did this last time ... That in and of itself would be worrisome to me ... I'll be 35 in Nov, so I hear ya!!! I actually reached out to my doc as soon as my cycle returned - It took 13 mos to get pregnant with my son, and I did not want to go through that again. She ran tests (thyroid, FSH) and measured progesterone at 7DPO (very, very low)... Anyway, my point (to you and to my OB) is that I can try until I'm blue in the face, but if there's something working against me, I'd rather address that first, rather than fighting a losing battle... She prescribed clomid, but since I wasn't able to convince my DD to give up her bedtime nursing session, I couldn't start it ... And that's how I came to soy. I really am sorry it doesn't seem to be working for you, but I am confident a doc could get things moving in the right direction. Also, have you considered acupuncture? I have an appointment on Monday actually (CD17). I have never done acupuncture in my life, but I've heard tremendous things about it being able to jump start O, help with stronger Os, help build strong uterine lining. The hope was for her to get me to O (if I hadn't already), but thanks to soy, I guess it'll be a slightly different appointment - Ha!! Sorry for the novel, but I do feel your frustration, and I really hope you find something that works!!! Good luck!! And :dust:

So sorry Christine you are feeling so frustrated about this whole thing. I agree with momtoIandE that you should have tests done. I'm also 35 and having 2 mc's in the last 2 pregnancies makes me want to know if something may be wrong with me. As soon as I get the all clear from the last one I intend to ask for tests. I don't know if I'll get them but I'll try.

Just keep fighting for whatever you want in life. When you get it all this pain will be worth it, believe me!!

XX

Hey ladies, thanks for all the advice! Just checking in, OPK was slightly darker today but not quite there yet.. a bit relieved as OH is playing a gig away tonight and I'm babysitting my nephew so we had no time to BD! Hoping to O early next week (FX)

Is ovulating after CD17 not good? Is it regular? I just don't know!! xoxo

Thanks, MomtoIandE and Madrid. Calling Monday to make an appointment with the doctor. And momto, I have actually been thinking about acupuncture. Think I will see what the doctor says first, then look into trying that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->