Let's welcome Soy to this cycle!!!! 42 BFP's so far!!!!

I did an OPK this morning and this is what it looked like. Is this normal for 4 days before O? It's hard to see, but there is a faint 2nd line.

Attachments

• DSCN6451.jpg
    DSCN6451.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 17
Now I am a bit worried that I messed my cycle up with taking soy CD 5-9. Any ladies that took soy on CD 5-9?

I took it CD6-9 (missed CD5) last month, and I O'd on CD14. This month I did CD2-6 and O'd on CD15.

Tmr1234 [/B]– Are you going to buy more if the postman doesn’t deliver?! I don’t think you can just skip a dose, right? Oh and yes, I took royal jelly (1,000mg), EPO (2,000-3,000mg), and an extra folic acid (800mg) every day, starting CD1... And I stopped the EPO at 1DPO. PS – My son’s name is Isaac. :winkwink:

I have looked every where and can't find it in any of the shops so i dont know what iam going to do.
Dose BOOTS do it? Iv not looked there think i will nip today if i get the time got to take R to the hospital today (for the 2nd tues in a row).
Iam taking 1000mg of EPO but i thort i read some where to start it after the soy but it has defo worked for you so iam not going to worry.

ANGEL~ I know what you mean about the stress of it up to o because we have 2 kids we hardly find the time to bd and it sort of start to feel like iam being a pets to my DH nere to ov time. But i realy do not like the TWW.

I'm not sure what BOOTS is... Momof3wants5 took 3,000mg of EPO from CD1-2DPO (and she's now preggo), so I wasn't worried about taking it :winkwink: Oh, and yeah we have two kiddos too (one almost 3, the other just turned 1)... It's tough finding the time and energy sometimes - LOL

PLEASE HELP!!!!.

When you say "soy" is it products with soy in like soy milk or what soy are you referring to. Please girls i want to try aswell!

Hi, Melly - So this is probably going to be more information than you want, but here it is ...

This is only my second month using soy isoflavones, so I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination. That said, I did do a TON of research before trying them because I do O on my own, I do have pretty regular cycles, and I am BF'ing my 14-mo-old daughter.

In short, soy isoflavones are phytoestrogens that behave just like clomid. They trick your body into thinking it's low on estrogen, in order to stimulate the production of more estrogen, which causes the follicles to mature very quickly. And with ovaries sitting there with follicles just itching to pop, the slightest amount of LH will often trigger O - However oftentimes, that tiny amount of LH is not enough to produce a +OPK ... So women who are using Soy are often cautioned not to rely on OPKs alone, but to really be in tune with other secondary signs of fertility, because many times they won't get their +OPK until the surge peaks, sometimes many hours (and maybe even a day) after O has been triggered. Also, if you are using OPKs, you need to wait a couple of days after your last dose to test for the first time, to avoid a false positive (similar to clomid). Also, usually only one follicle is developed, but multiple follicles are developed at about the same rate as with clomid.

If you're interested in multiples, you might consider adding Tribulus. It is a male supplement that builds testosterone and is not recommended for women on a prolonged basis, but if taken for 5-7 days it increases FSH and LH levels, which when combined with Soy almost guarantees a strong O on a date that you can somewhat control ... Most women who are using it take 1,000mg for 5-7 days, at least 5 days before anticipated O. I can't take it because it's contraindicated for BF'ing moms ... If I'm still not PG by the time DD weans, I'll be trying it ...

Since just the slightest amount of LH will trigger O, Soy often produces an earlier O. And since Soy grows supersized follicles, it often produces a much stronger O ... With larger and younger follicles, you'll have larger and more viable corpus luteum, which will do a better job at producing progesterone, which is vital for successful implantation, could result in a longer LP, etc. You take it just like clomid (CD3-7 or CD5-9). And the generally accepted rule is that it's ~half the strength of clomid. So if you're considering 50mg of clomid, you'd want to take 100mg of soy isoflavones.

The first month, I took it CD6-9. I missed CD5 because I was trying to decide whether to start the clomid sitting on my counter. I took 75mg, 150mg, 150mg, 175mg. My O moved from CD22 to CD14. Progesterone at 7DPO went from 5.2 to 17.6 ... This month I tried CD2-6 (75, 150, 175, 175, 200), and I O'd on CD15 (even though I was deathly ill from CD9-12). Like clomid, you can use it for 6 months, but then it's recommended that you give your body a break.

The dosing is really up to you. I've seen some women who take substantially less and others who take substantially more. Here's a BBC UK thread you can scroll through to get a feel for what people are trying (and what successes, issues they're having) and decide for yourself - https://community.babycentre.co.uk/...h_soy_isoflavones.?cpg=1&csi=2052880570&pd=-4

From what I've read, you have to take them at exactly the same time every day. Many women take them just before bed, to avoid side effects. If you're temping, you'll notice that your temps are a little wacky while you're taking them (similar to clomid) ... I think I felt a little nauseated the last dose on my first cycle, but I didn't notice anything this time. Oh, and my first cycle I noticed a lot more CM...

They were a little difficult to find, but I got mine at Whole Foods. The bottle says "Soy Isoflavones, 500mg" on the front, but the back shows that there's just 25mg of isoflavones per capsule - the rest is just soy. So I had to take 3 capsules to get my 75mg, ex. A lot of women get theirs at WalMart, and those are 40mg capsules.

I think that's it ... I feel like I've written a book, but let me or any of the other ladies on this thread know if you have any questions. Good luck!!!

I dont know what iam going to do as it hasnt come and i can't find it any of the shop around here.
Would it be ok to do it tomoz if it comes????

Hmmm... If it were me, I'd probably do CD5-9 at this point... I just wonder if the one dose you took on CD2 will screw things up? What do you think? I really don't know, as this is just my 2nd soy cycle.

I did an OPK this morning and this is what it looked like. Is this normal for 4 days before O? It's hard to see, but there is a faint 2nd line.

Yeah, I was gonna say... that looks closer to O than 4 days. If you go back a couple of pages, I posted the progression of my OPKs.

Yeah, I was gonna say... that looks closer to O than 4 days. If you go back a couple of pages, I posted the progression of my OPKs.

I did go back and look at your OPKs, and it made me realize O may be sooner than I expected. DH and I have been BDing EOD, so I guess its time to start BDing every day!!

I did go back and look at your OPKs, and it made me realize O may be sooner than I expected. DH and I have been BDing EOD, so I guess its time to start BDing every day!!

Also remember that with Soy you could O before you get a +OPK (see above), so I think it's a great idea that you're switching to ED - GL!!!!

wo so i actually missed 5 whole days on b&b!!! so sorry i have been mia...my wedding is vastly approaching and i have so many things to get done before then!! ahhhh i have been going crazy!!! lol so no need to stress about ttc...i have been wedding stressed! but im sure as soon as my wedding and honeymoon is over i will be back to a obsessed ttc lady hehe!!!

i wanted to yell a big congrats to rjsman :yipee: much deserved :bfp:

to all the new comers WELCOME :) I hope u find this thread to be just as wonderful as i have thought it to be! there are some very helpful and supportive ladies here!!! they are all great! xxx

mirena user - when i got my bfp i took soy on cd3-7

lollipopxxx - im sorry u think u missed your egg hun, an yea i know how it can be with the bding(at the right time) and trying to keep everything cool with dh. but my fx'd for u and hope u in fact did catch it!

momtoIandE - i think todays opk and the one from last month look identical to me!! hopefully ovulation is only a day or two away...thats what i think anyway!

madrid- hey hun how are ya!! what cd is it for u now?? have any idea when your O date is?

lollipopbop - glad to see everything is still going good with u and your little bean :)

i know i may have missed people and im sorry...i had 10 pages to catch up on and i kinda forgot what everyone had said in the last 5 days. :dohh:

as for me...cd 17 and still no positive opk and no temp dip, last month i o'd on cd 16. but im not too stressed about it(wedding stuff has me occupied) but im kinda just enjoying this month and having fun. hoping my o date is soon to come...but im not going to worry about it too much. i would like a bfp this month, but october isnt going anywhere :) like i said in the beginning of my post after my wedding im sure i will be back to my regular self! but its nice to have a little break!xxx

Best of luck on your wedding! :hugs:
I had mine last November, and of course I insisted on doing everything myself. :)dohh: lol) There was a lot of wedding stress, even though we were starting NTNP in October. Wedding stress tends to trump everything... So I know what you mean. :winkwink:

^^ I hadn't heard of that.. What can cause you to O before your positive?

From the post I made to Melly a little earlier today... "In short, soy isoflavones are phytoestrogens that behave just like clomid. They trick your body into thinking it's low on estrogen, in order to stimulate the production of more estrogen, which causes the follicles to mature very quickly. And with ovaries sitting there with follicles just itching to pop, the slightest amount of LH will often trigger O - However oftentimes, that tiny amount of LH is not enough to produce a +OPK ... So women who are using Soy are often cautioned not to rely on OPKs alone, but to really be in tune with other secondary signs of fertility, because many times they won't get their +OPK until the surge peaks, sometimes many hours (and maybe even a day) after O has been triggered." Bottom line, OPKs require a minimum level of LH hormone to produce a + result ... but that level may be substantially less than what's necessary to trip O on a Soy cycle. So you could easily O before your +OPK :winkwink:

So I'm not doing OPKs this time, but was wondering if this sounds like ov to anyone.

I randomly got upset and started crying this afternoon, JUST LIKE I did when :witch: was here on 9-16.

Could this be a sign of ov???

I felt FINE yesterday and FINE now, but for an hour or so I was a mess.

I would have just chalked it up to moodiness, but I'm on CD 15 today.

It could well be O Rin! Sometimes I feel as if af is coming when is O time. I'm either in bd'ing mood or nor at all because I can't be bothered with my body feeling shattered. That's why I started using opk's because I was missing O with silly things like that.

It could well be O Rin! Sometimes I feel as if af is coming when is O time. I'm either in bd'ing mood or nor at all because I can't be bothered with my body feeling shattered. That's why I started using opk's because I was missing O with silly things like that.

Thanks.

We've been :sex: every other day or so (sometimes more :haha: ) since CD 4 pretty consistently, so I'm hoping that this is our cycle.

:thumbup:

Hey ladies... i just heard about this Soy stuff, and dont know alot about it. I ordered some online, that apparently isnt strong enough. Its only 750mg but 3% isoflavones... its by Natures Bounty & i got it on Amazon. Anyone else take this, or similar, and get a BFP? How often would i have to take it, and how many?? Please help. I can email direct link if needed, but stupid site wont let me post it on here. t.i.a

Hi, BallofStress ... It's me!! We've been writing on BBC - I'm So_Excited!! on there... Anyway, glad to see you decided to join. The women here are amazing!!

i know! i'm excited for some more answers!! :) thanks

I went to Walmart. Look in the Vitamin aisle, but in the menopause section. They have 80 mg soy isoflavones in a bottle of 100 or something for $7 or so.

Go to the previous page and find the REALLY long post in the middle. Very informative.

I took mine CD 1-5 I did 80mg on CD 1-3, then 120mg on CD 4, and 160 mg on CD 5.

:hugs: Welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->