Light In The Box - yes, another one **CUSTOMS**

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
I'm sure if we did a search for 'light in the box' then 100s of threads would pop up, but I just wanted to say that I have just tentatively placed my first LITB order :happydance:

That is all!

Oooo, exciting, you'll have to keep us all updated when it arrives. I'm thinking of getting mine from LITB too but not till next year, so I'll be watching this with interest. Fingers crossed it goes well, have you put some cash aside for customs tax?

I didn't order a dress. Just little bits and pieces. Didn't even think about customs tax :wacko:

Ohh what have your ordered ?
You'll have to show us when it arrives! :)

I run a group for wedding planning/brides on fb and I'm sure we've got at least 1 or 2 members that got their bridesmaids dresses from there :)

Ohh what have your ordered ?
You'll have to show us when it arrives! :)

Just some decorations for the reception venue. I was going to make them myself but saw the exact same things on there for £2/each and thought for the sake of not having to make them myself that was worth paying. Haha!
Might go back to get our cake topper from there too if/when we decide what we're having. But postage is quite high, so will want to buy lots to make it worth while :lol:

I run a group for wedding planning/brides on fb and I'm sure we've got at least 1 or 2 members that got their bridesmaids dresses from there :)
I've always heard mixed reviews, and usually a few bad reviews are enough to put me off an online shop :lol: but I'm trying them out with a few 'unimportant' items before moving onto bigger stuff. Haha

I just asked on the group for you and it was an actual wedding dress that was ordered from there. The lady was very, very happy with it and looked absolutely stunning.

394556_10151051824003845_155834566_n.jpg

551608_10151051823568845_140812156_n.jpg

555591_10151228309823939_1671021702_n.jpg

(I asked her if I could share and she said yeah!)

And this ladies bm's dresses! she said they were amazing quality :D

216823_10150322887340661_4777882_n.jpg

I love some of the things on LITB but I've heard some bad reviews which puts me off! And also the customs tax.. Is it a lot?

I love some of the things on LITB but I've heard some bad reviews which puts me off! And also the customs tax.. Is it a lot?

I'll let you know :lol: I hadn't even thought about customs tax when I ordered it. I've not paid custom tax on anything I've bought on eBay from China etc so not really sure how it works :shrug: it might be luck of the draw. And must depend on what the seller/sender puts on the custom paperwork

So I said I'd update...

DHL came to deliver today, and as expected there was a customs charge. The delivery guy obviously couldn't give me the parcel until I paid the charge, either by cash or by cheque. Well, I have no idea where my cheque book was and the only cash we keep in the house is coins. I wasn't giving him it all in coins :lol: So I don't have my parcel so can't comment on the quality etc

The important bit...of my order which totals £43 the customs charge is £13 something. I bought 4 items so that effectively increase the cost of each item buy just over £3, which in my opinion makes it almost not worth while :shrug: I will pay this charge (can go onto DHL website and pay online and have the parcel redelivered) but not sure that the saving outweighs the customs charge (especially for some items). And be sure to have cash in the house or know where your cheque book is :lol:

It's all so random when it comes to charges. I bought a vintage HEAVY kitchen scale on etsy from America and wasn't charged. 5 very expensive and heavy table runners and wasn't charged. Then spent £10 on a couple of paper pinwheels... And was charged £10 from customs. Totally random :(

I think it varies depending on what the put on the forms. I bought decorations from LITB and they put "wedding lingerie" on the customs form :wacko: And I've bought stuff from America and never paid customs. And had stuff delivered from China via eBay, never been charged. So random

Ohh that's deffo put me off using them, I think I'd rather spend the extra few pound and get them from here!
Have you got the items yet?

Haven't paid the charge yet. Not sure I want the items badly enough now. Lol :lol:

I paid it in the end. I was worried that if I didn't pay it would they get returned to sender or forever held by customs? And if they did get returned to sender, would I ever see my money back for them? So for the sake of £13 and to avoid any potential added stress and/or hassle I figured just pay it and be done with it :lol: So I'll let you know about the quality when the parcel is redelivered :thumbup:

They keep them for a certain amount of time and then return to sender :) I don't think you'd get a refund unless you say they never attempted to deliver and you had no idea they were there but I'm not 100%

I'm glad I decided to pay then :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->