Limbo Ladies!!

Good luck Heather :)

Still need to find a few mins to do birth story. Just adjusting to being a new mummy. I will try and post again later today.

Ooh Heather, how exciting!! As Claire said, bubba was just being good and letting you see Harry Potter before she decided to arrive ;) Good luck- hope all goes well. Thinking of you.

How are you finding mummyhood so far Yasmin?

Anyone know how Pop is getting on?

All still uneventful here. Went to the Next sale at stupid o'clock this morning, and stocked up with lots of bits for our boy- mainly 3-6 months and 6-9 months. It was chaos in there- ended up queuing for 50 minutes to buy the clothes! Was hoping it might kick things off, but no. Waters still in tact so no chance of any freebies lol ;)

Very busy still ladies, no time to catch up or do birth story yet but just thought I'd introduce you to Layla May xxxx

Attachments

• Pictures (6).jpg
    Pictures (6).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4
Aw Rach, she is absolutely gorgeous!!! So alert! Hope to hear more from you soon hun :hugs:

Heather, I'm hoping baby girl is here soon!

Also, anyone heard from Vicki? Can't remember the last time she posted....... xxx

Rach, she is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for posting the pic :)

Claire- I was wondering about Vicki too actually. It's a good few days since she's posted. Hope she's ok.

Layla is absolutely gorgeous :)

Mummyhood is good, demanding but good. I think I'm still in shock that I have a baby and am a real mummy now. He looks just like his dad, just so small and cute.

So as you all know I was 1cm dilated tuesday afternoon. After being sent home my contractions got worse. They were 2 mins apart and so painful I couldnt breath through them. We went back to triage and was told that I was 4cm dilated and baby was back to back. I was given gas and air which made me feel dizzy but helped to kind of block things out a bit. I decided the bed wasnt for me and I wanted to be on the floor. The midwife went to get my pool ready for a water birth. After that things were a blur. DH said I was out of it and kept saying I wanted to go home. When they came back to tell me the pool is ready my body was already pushing. I coudnt stop myself. Midwife checked and I ead 10cm already and baby had pooed when my waters broke. I had to get on the bed so they could monitor babys heartbeat which was decreasing. I started pushing which was the worst pain... Burning pain. They had to cut me and soon after that he was out. All in all it had taken 1hr52mins. My midwifes were fantastic and kept telling me I should be proud of mysrlf. It didnt go according to plan but it was a quick labour and I ony used gas and air.

Baby latched on perfectly too :)

So thats my story... Sutures are hurting me, nipples are sore but baby is gorgeous.

Ps baby turned without any help because I was laying on my left side the whole time. My body feels knackered and bruised but babies are beautiful.

Hi ladies, hope everyone's ok - and congratulations Yasmin, sounds like you have a future Lewis Hamilton on your hands with the speed of that arrival! Hope he's doing well!

Heather, not long to go before the wait is over by the sounds of things! Good luck.

I am fiiiine girlies, no worries here - just mega mega busy last week! Now I'm off work I don't really come on the computer as much as I have plenty of stuff at home to do. I've managed to wash most of the baby's little clothes and the sheets, blankets etc that I have at the moment. We fortunately don't have too much to battle with as we don't know what bubba is so I just have a cute little collection of neutral things! They make for an adorable airer when they're all drying. Also spent last week doing loads of house prep for me and Mr G, we now have a lovely new bedroom with lovely new bedding all freshly washed and generally all grown up. I cannot tell you how much washing and ironing I've done recently. Have also been trying to be a perfect housewife and made some lovely teas for Mr G last week!

This week I shall be mostly buying baby bedding that we're still missing (friend's giving me her crib so need a bunch of stuff for that now) and got a few social activities lined up - some generous friends (!) have arranged dinner for us all tomorrow night...an hour's drive away! Apparently nobody could come up to Wigan to save me two hours in the car at 37 weeks preggers. Nice. Wednesday I have afternoon tea in Manchester with my grandma and cousin and on Thursday my friend is hosting a little baby shower for me which is lovely! Not much other news. I'm not sleeping so well and getting a few aches in my back which I could do without but I make sure I have a little rest each afternoon and am otherwise feeling ok! Today I have had my first raspberry leaf tea which is actually very tasty. I'll try and do two a day. Am still perfectly happy for baby to remain where they are for a few weeks yet but mentally I'm vaguely getting there....

Oooh, also we picked up our buggy and car seat yesterday. Had fun for a few hours putting it all together (not!) but it's ready to go now. Tested it all out with a toy rabbit my brother's gf bought for bubba! :-D

I'll try and come on more often to keep my eye on you all, we have a lot of babies popping these days! How's Barbles anyone?

Goodness me, that was a quick labour!! Glad all went well for you though, and you coped so brilliantly :)

Hey Vicki, glad to see you back on here :)
Wow, sounds like you are a busy bee at the moment! I've been trying to keep as busy as I can so time doesn't start dragging but things have all come to a standstill now- getting frustrated!
Where do you have to travel to for your dinner? I can barely sit still in a car long enough to get to the Trafford Centre anymore! Oh, and we used a cuddly monkey to test out our car seat ;)
Barbles had her boy last Sunday and as far as I've heard, all is going well :)

Tee hee, I was going to have the monkey in the car seat, rabbit in the carrycot and doggy in the pushchair seat but was going to get ridiculous so stuck with rabbit! Very pleased with the Quinny though, all looks quite funky although totally massive. I was pushing my friend's Bugaboo the other day and started to wish I'd gone for that instead, it manoeuvred around Marks and Sparks very easily! I did let Mr G take charge of the buggy decision though so it's my own fault!

Am currently still trying to find sheets. Why are all mattresses such odd sizes?! I've managed to get some for the moses basket/pram but the crib is such a weird size I'm going to have to just get flat ones and wrap them around with hospital corners and all that jazz. Today's internet shopping spree has resulted in a collection of nursing bras, some more of my favourite maternity leggings from Matalan (decided I'm going to still be wearing them for some time after kiddo has arrived) and the changing mat and some liners from John Lewis. Exciting times...

Going to Chester for tomorrow's tea. Admittedly it's where most of my friends are as that's where I grew up but it would be nice for someone to volunteer to come up here for a change! It's like going further than Warrington along the M56 is entering another country!

Sounds like there's two lots of congratulations in order today- Heather and Samira! Looking forward to hearing both of their stories :)

Lol Vicki, I've had to steer clear of internet shopping now- my last 2 credit card bills have been shocking! I really don't have anything else I need to get but maternity leave gives me too much browsing time ;)

I'll wave as you go past me on the way to Chester tomorrow ;) Hope you have fun, despite the pain in the arse journey!

Congrats to Heather and Samira! Can't wait to hear the birth stories :hug:

I'm so fed up with being pregnant, all these totally gorgeous babies just makes me want to meet mine! I'm sore all the time, the pains I'm getting keep teasing me and it's not fair! Hubby doesn't really get it either :( I wasn't really expecting him to but he could at least pretend. He wants me to 'keep her in' for at least another 2 weeks so he doesn't get hassle at work. Sorry mate, she's got her eviction notice!!! xxx

Congrats to Heather and Samira! Seen a pic of Hayden and he is GORGEOUS!! Plus Jess was very excited that he had the same name as her middle name!! Congratulations to you lovely limbo ladies xxx

Rachyroux - sorry I haven't congratulated you yet on the birth of your gorgeous Layla and I mean that, the pic of her is absolutely stunning XXX

Yasmin - have you picked a name for your undoubtedly gorgeous LO?? xxx

Claire - I'm sorry about all your aches and pains hun but I'm sure that your little one is on her way. And husbands don't get it. They have a penis and therefore could never possibly comprehend or further more even begin to try lol xxx

So who would like to place bets on the next limbo baby...??? xxx

I want to have the next limbo baby! Lol, but I doubt that'll happen and it's only fair the other ladies have their babies first. I think I coped alot better in my pregnancy with Jayden because I didn't have ANY sign of labour, no pains or anything until my waters broke. Actually, I had a tiny show at about 38 weeks lol. This time I'm just in pain all the time!!! Grrrrr.

Anyhoo, how is gorgeous Jess getting on anyways? xxx

Ah, congrats to Heather and Samira! Coming thick and fast now! Look forward to reading stories and seeing pics :) Is Kim next?

Off to get in the shower and prepare myself for my exciting evening in Chester but just started to watch Dinner Date - oooh, maybe I'll just not wash my hair today! Ha!

Jess is currently fast asleep on my chest :) Had a visit off the health visitor today and Jess now weighs 9 pound 10 ounces lol she's put on a whole pound in 9 days !! HV said she's spot on though which was a relief!! Aww hun I so hope LO turns up a bit earlier for you so that you're out of all this pain! Big hugs xxx

Jayden used to sleep on mine and Alan's chest but I was a stickler for routine so I stopped it after a couple of weeks :haha: That's a fab weight - are you BF or FF? I'm really not that bothered about breastfeeding this time - how bad is that??!? Lol, I tried the nipple stimulation thing to get some contractions going and got the breast pump out - it bloody hurt!!! I think I'll wait til baby is born before I decide what I'm doing xxx

Pissed off pregnant lady here!!!!!

So I'm over 8 months pregnant and despite having SPD from almost day 1, I have never asked hubby to take a day off work, never asked anyone to have Jayden except his childminder (who I pay so why wouldn't I?) and tomorrow I need to see my consultant so I asked hubby to take the morning off work to watch Jayden as he was a bugger at the last appointment and I don't need the stress. So he says that's fine but he'll have to leave as soon as I get back as the other guy in his office is off and I say thats fine! All's fine! But then he tells me tonight that he'll be going into work in the morning because he's got guys to pick up (?!) and coming home for my appointment and then pestering me about how long it's gonna take, I don't bloody know! He's got a computer program at home where he can work from so I don't see what the big deal is.

I ask him if his mum is off and if he'd rather I ask her to watch Jayden for an hour while I go and maybe nip into tesco, and he starts fussing saying 'I'll come home!' etc etc etc.

What's really annoying me is he's travelling 8 miles in the morning to pick up guys who give him no petrol money, coming back 8 miles, then back to work and back at the end of the day! So he's doing double the miles for no reason, spending money he fine well knows we don't have. And his mum has no issues with watching Jayden, but if he's insiting I don't ask her I'll have to trail round tesco with a heavy trolley and then get all the bags in and have to deal with Jayden at the same time. I have never asked him to have a day off at all this full pregnancy and I'm not even asking him to take the day off work! Oh ladies, I'm angry and I'm not really sure if I have a valid reason to be?????! xxx

Firsty congratulations to you all!!! I would say I'm jealous buttt I'm still enjoying keeping this baby in. Therefore my bet for next limbo baby issssss vicki wheyyyyy.

Can't believe u have been a mommy for all this time ceecee, when we've all popped we need a limbo babies thread :) a

Claire of course u have every right to be annoyed, u do an awful lot of what sounds like very little sleep and little time to yourself, ur practically superwoman!!! I hope u sort it out hun :)

I've spent the day at Toms graduation and I loved it, I was over emotional seeing him in his gown how sad lol. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->