List your IVF Successes here

I love this Isi - I wish this existed before I started both of my cycles. xo

Can I have a third time lucky success story please please? I need some hope!!

H xx

I'd love to hear about success after an ivf chemical. It's my 3rd try in Jan (well 2nd really as my first round was cancelled), My second round ended with a chemical pregnancy. Could ivf work twice in a row? I hope so x

I don't see why it couldn't work twice in a row. This isn't MY success story... but my cousin had 5 rounds, 4 fresh/1 frozen. Her first failed. Her second was a MMC. Her third (frozen) resulted in her son. Her fourth failed. Her fifth resulted in her daughter. I hope that helps give faith! They're the most beautiful kids you'd ever want to meet! And, smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart!!! (Not even in a biased way... really freaking smart kids!) I hope that helps?

Thanks for that story, Megg! Its always nice to read success stories!

Good luck Helen and Silarose! I pray we're all successful the next time we have another go :thumbup:

Hi, I was 3rd time lucky, so don't give up!

Name: JaniceT
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: OH has very low sperm count and motility. Had vasectomy more than 28 yrs ago. Reversal 4 yrs ago. MESA/TESA. I have PCOS.
Treatments you tried before IVF: Vasectomy reversal.
How many IVF did you do before success: 3 ICSI cycles in total.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No.
Protocol (meds taken): Buseralin, Gonal-F, Metformin.
How many follicles at ER: about 21 to 30
How many eggs retrieved: 21 to 29
How many eggs fertilized: 20 to 29
How many days between ER and ET: 1st and 2nd cycle was a 2-day. 3rd cycle was a 3-day.
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:1st and 2nd cycle transferred 3 each, low quality, 2 and 4 cell. 3rd ICSI transferred 4, ranging from 6 cells and an 8 cell, average quality.
How many days bed rest: 1st & 2nd ICSI rested 3 days. 3rd ICSI, 2 weeks.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: successful ICSI, symptoms at day 14. Blurred vision, sensitive smell, felt like period cramps.
What day you got your BFP: day 14.
HPT before blood test: day 14
Number of first beta: about 250 at day 15
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I took folic acid and multivitamins a month before my ICSI cycle. No alcohol. Quit smoking before cycle.

JaniceT I love you!!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy.

H xx

JaniceT I love you!!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy.

H xx

Thank you! I wish you all the best. It can get very stressful and depressing but you got to keep strong. Because of my PCOS, I got plenty of eggs by default but they were all not-so-good quality. Didn't have any for freezing either. Doc gave us 10% success rate per egg but miracles cam happen.

A friend of ours had low egg count retrieval but at her 4th try, she got twins! So keep believing and it can happen.

What a fantastic idea for a thread! Congrats ladies! x

Name: Dina
How long TTC: almost 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid, letrozole, letrozole and IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: one
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): lupron and menopur
How many follicles at ER: about 24
How many eggs retrieved: 24 but only 16 were mature
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: one blastie (good quality but not exactly sure of the rating)
How many days bed rest: 2 days
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: implantation bleeding 7dpo (2 days after my transfer)
What day you got your BFP: 11 dpo (6 days after transfer)
HPT before blood test: lots...haha
Number of first beta: 388
Number of babies: one
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: that it is a difficult process but worth it in the end; that I should have taken a little more time off of work after my ER (at least 3 full days off); that acupuncture was not necessary and that I would still get my BFP without it; that IUIs seem like a waste of time in hindsight

Lots of luck to everyone :dust:

Bumping this thread!!

Hoping we can get some more replies. My request to make it a sticky wasn't granted, so have to continue bumping it manually from time to time :flower:

Feel free to advertise it in my Nov IVF thread. I'm sure some of them would head over if they haven't yet!

Hi isi,

think this is a great thread, gives us all hope and things to do that may help us in our next cycle. Was surprised at how many days bed rest people have had. When you say bed rest, is that complete bed rest. I tried to take it easy for a few days but still pottered around and popped out for things etc (well christmas was coming up so had things to do. Could this have helped it fail? Any thoughts?

xx

Hi angiemon,

I have no idea if the bed rest helped. My first ivf I came home and took it easy but generally didn't change too much - I still washed dishes and did little things around the house. For this second cycle I figured that if I tried bedrest (only get up to go the washroom and get something to eat) then at least I would know that I tried something different.

Best wishes on your upcoming FET. xo

Thanks Blue, ive just congratulated you on another thread. You must be so excited....:happydance:
I know zita west recs 3 days bed rest but it is difficult,apart from work which should be ok for me as i work with my family, but they looked at me as if Id grown another head when i said I needed to rest and keep away for a bit......thought they would understand of all people:shrug:
xx

Hi Angie, yes my bedrest was literally laying on the couch or in bed. I slept a lot, as much as I physically could. Since the egg collection drained me of a lot of energy, it was easy to sleep 2 weeks away. However, I did go out a couple of times to pass some documents to people but no walking much at all. This, I did for my 3rd cycle and got mu BFP.

Thanks for the advice Janice and congratulations on your little one!!
xx

My bed rest was more "modified bed rest"... I didn't lay around 100% of the time... but I did do as little as possible. I really have kept sort of doing as little as possible. We're terrified of screwing something up! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"