List your IVF Successes here

Thanks Angela :)

Megg, I am exactly the same LOL and with the exhaustion, surely so easy for me to do little.

Love this thread. I hope the Mods make it a sticky. We need all the encouragement we can get.

For the first 2 days, I basically acted like I had a cold. I only got up to use the bathroom, make food/eat, and walk the dog. The next 2 days I did a bit more and actually left the house and walked around more but still took it very easy. For the remainder of the 2ww I resumed my normal activity but didn't do any heavy housework. It was hard to resist the urge but I didn't want to take the risk. I don't know if any of this made a difference though. I feel like a lot of it was luck.

Name: Ruth
How long TTC: 15 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: 8 IUIs -- 4 unmedicated (some with trigger shots), 1 clomid, 2 Femara, 1 Femara + follistim. Many cycles with progesterone support. Also had some acupuncture, but I stopped before I had IVF.
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st try!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes, donor sperm
Protocol (meds taken): Long lupron protocol -- BC pills, lupron, menopur, follistim, HCG trigger shot, then after ER, progesterone in oil shots and estrogen patches. And they also had me take valium for the transfer. I had both ICSI and assisted hatching. I've also been taking baby aspirin.
How many follicles at ER: I don't know
How many eggs retrieved: 26; 19 were mature
How many eggs fertilized: 16; 15 made it to day 3; 6 did well enough to transfer or freeze by day 5-6
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 4AA blasts (and I have 4 more frozen, yay!)
How many days bed rest: 2 (not total bed rest but lounging around, nothing more active than a 2-minute walk. On the morning of the third day I got on a plane.)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: AF-type cramping, some pinching & pulling
What day you got your BFP: D12 (7dp5dt)
HPT before blood test: yes of course, I'm a POAS addict
Number of first beta: 75 at D14 (then 163 at D16 and 436 at D18)
Number of babies: 1, I'm 8 weeks along and have seen a heartbeat
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: If you're doing IUIs, stop after 3-4 and go right to IVF if there is any possible way you can afford it. I found all the IUIs to be just horrible emotionally.

Name: Evie
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: DH has very sperm antibodies, I have endometryosis.
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 x failed IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: We were lucky first time
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No.
Protocol (meds taken): Buseralin, Gonal-F, Cylogest.
How many follicles at ER: about 12
How many eggs retrieved: 10, of which 7 were mature
How many eggs fertilized: 5
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 blastocysts; not sure of quality ! okay I presume
How many days bed rest: None ! ooops, went for a pub meal that night and walk/pub lunch the next. Even had half a glass of red wine. My doc said to chill but bed rest wasn’t needed.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: A bit dizzy at 12 DPO apart from that nothing.
What day you got your BFP: 14 DPO with FMU
Number of first beta: doc just said “excellent” – I never ask, I have a good relationship with my doc and if she says excellent I take it as read – I’m the sort of person that if I knew the numbers I would go google crazy
Number of babies: find out in weeks time !!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I had the odd half glass of red wine, I kept going as normal, just quit the gym after EC.

Hi ladies, I am currently doing puregon (follistim) and iui, just had my second one last week. Not feeling to positive about it thought, seems like its just a waste of time. Here you have to go through at least 3 iuis with hormones before you can move on to IVF so Im just sat here waiting, might be moving on to ivf in about a month though :)

Hi ladies, I am currently doing puregon (follistim) and iui, just had my second one last week. Not feeling to positive about it thought, seems like its just a waste of time. Here you have to go through at least 3 iuis with hormones before you can move on to IVF so Im just sat here waiting, might be moving on to ivf in about a month though :)

IVF is a whole different ballgame to IUI! But, its worth it... or it was for a lot of us! I hope you get your BFP from this IUI, though!

I had day of rest on ET day but pretty much chilled the next day still did house work and walking etc and then back to work.. Clinic advised take each day normal but dont over do it or lift anything heavy
x

Hi girls,

Isi what a great idea - I would have loved this when I was cycling. I hope you are well sweetheart. Anyway, here goes!

Name: Jess
How long TTC: nearly 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Main reason is male factor (morphology + count) but also issues with anovulation due to PCO
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 fresh cycle, 1 frozen
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Synarel, Puregon during cycle, then Progesterone pessaries and estrogen tablets
How many follicles at ER: 16
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 7 in total, but only 4 normally
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 both times, I think they were both 6 or 8 cell...
How many days bed rest: None
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: All of them! Headache, sore boobs, and one really noticeable twinging type pain which I will never forget and I swear was implantation
What day you got your BFP: I was a good girl and waited til the blood test, 14 dpt :)
HPT before blood test: N/A
Number of first beta: 14 on the first one, it was a chemical :( then 233 on the successful one
Number of babies:One
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process It takes more out of you than you think. Just be really good to yourself and try not to hang all your hopes on succeeding at the first round. Persevere and you will hopefully be rewarded in the end. Lots of love and luck to you ladies.

Keep them coming ladies.

This thread inspires so much hope in me.

Thank you so very much for posting!!

xxx

Hi lovely ladies. Please, I have a question!

I've been doing a lot of research and have found out that a lot of FS include antibiotics in their protocol? I wasn't placed on ANY antibiotics my last cycle, and am wondering why my former FS did that. Were any of you on antibiotics? If yes, at what point in your protocol?

Thanks so much!!!

I was given a dose on antibiotics before egg collection. It's just a single tablet to ensure no infection occurs. It's merely a precautionary step, varies from one FS to another.

I didnt have any antibiotics - apart from a pessary after my egg collection just to stop infection.

I did 5 days on Z-Pak... Azithromyacin

I am pretty sure they gave me some IV antibiotics at my egg retrieval, but it was never a medication I was responsible for taking.

Nope, no antibiotics for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->