List your IVF Successes here

What a wonderful thread and very inspirational. Starting stims in 2 weeks and ER/ET at the end of the month. Thanks ladies for the stories.

What a wonderful thread and very inspirational. Starting stims in 2 weeks and ER/ET at the end of the month. Thanks ladies for the stories.

Good luck woth your first cycle x

I had 5 days of antibiotics prior to egg retrieval as well.

Good luck calebaby!

Name:Rihanna
How long TTC:3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: nothing
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st one was successful
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: own eggs and DH's sperm
Protocol (meds taken): long protocol
How many follicles at ER: N/A
How many eggs retrieved:5 eggs
How many eggs fertilized: all 5s
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 blastocyst transferred
How many days bed rest: 2 days
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: 4 days before BFP had implantation bleeding almost lost hope
What day you got your BFP: day 11 after transfer
HPT before blood test: Yes BFP
Number of first beta: N/A
Number of babies: 1
currently 21 weeks pregnant with my first baby recently found out its a baby girl very excited hope you all get your BFPs this year

Name: MummyIwanaBe
How long TTC: nearly 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Main reason is male factor (morphology + average count)
Treatments you tried before IVF: Nothing
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 fresh cycle
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): short protocol
How many follicles at ER: 11
How many eggs retrieved: 10 but only 4 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 3
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 embies left at average quality with 6 cells each both transferred
How many days bed rest: None - just the day of ET
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Major cramps most of the time, nothing else
What day you got your BFP: 10dp3dt - I got brown blood and thought it was all over!
Number of first beta: Clinic doesn't do betas, just poas
Number of babies: 2!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Just be prepared for it to not work. I went in thinking I can't see this not working first time and it was a huge knock when it didn't. I struggled to get enough eggs/quality and it was a huge blow to my confidence. The whole process is extremely tough but when it works its worth it all :) good luck ladies keep the faith xxx

Name:bballbaby
How long TTC:3
Diagnosis or any known issues:male factor
Treatments you tried before IVF:none
How many IVF did you do before success:1 failed fresh, 1 successful frozen
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken):
Fresh: Ganirelix, Follistem, PIO, Climara patches, lupron for egg release, baby aspirin, few days of steriods and antibiotics around transfer day, prenatal vitamins
Frozen: few days of steriods and antibiotics around transfer day, climara
patches, PIO, baby aspirin, prenatal vitamins
How many follicles at ER: 24
How many eggs retrieved: 22
How many eggs fertilized:20, 13 made it to freeze
How many days between ER and ET: 3 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
Fresh: 2 8-celled A and B rating embryos
Frozen: We transferred 3 embryos. 12 celled A, 10 celled B, 3 celled B
How many days bed rest:2 days of strict bed rest and an entire week of really taking it easy. I took vacation from work so I was not stressed or moving around much all day.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: 10 days after transfer I was very hungry and super tired. I also had a headache for 2 days.
What day you got your BFP:13 days after transfer confirmed with blood test
HPT before blood test:yes! I POAS 10 days after transfer and got the +
Number of first beta:500 then over 4,000 3 days later
Number of babies:2.....now 1...we lost Baby B at 7 weeks.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: You are stronger than you ever thought you would be! That this trial will be something that you will look back on someday and realize that although it may be the toughest thing emotionally you went through at that stage of your life, it would also bring you the most joy you would ever come to know. Just try and take it a day at a time. I know this is easier said than done! Use this time to grow closer to God and your husband. He puts us through trials for a reason we may never know until we come face to face with him someday.

Also - I did acupuncture for 25 mins. before and after transfer. It is very, very relaxing. I highly recommend! :) Although don't panic if you weren't planning on doing it or if your clinic doesn't come equipped with those options because my second pregnancy was from a Natural FET that didn't have acupuncture. So don't stress either way would be my advice. The whole thing seems like a crapshoot....a roll of the dice. One cycle it rolls for your favor and another may roll not in your favor. Know that. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

Also, looking back on it now we decided to only tell our parents and siblings about IVF/ICIS. If I had to do it all over again I would only tell my parents. The ones that were there for us ever.single.step.of.the.way. We truly have a great relationship with them. Now that all is said and done I wished we only confided in them because most family that we did tell still said things like "How do they make sure the embroys are not mixed up during transfer?"...OR my brother-in-law said his wife "is having a hard time being pregnant over the holidays because she can't drink." You get my drift? These people were family and knew of our struggles. I was surprised to realize how insensitive most were....I guess they never will get it until they walk in our shoes.Those were my feelings anyway. Again, this is my situation and I tend to be a very private person in general. You may be inclined and happy to share everything to many friends/family. This is just my opinion.

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to help someone and pay it forward. I can't even begin to convey how helpful this site has been to me on my journey. Love all of you ladies! Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Thanks so much ladies! You're all such an inspiration!!! The rest of us hope to add our stories very very soon!!!

Hoping those success stories keep on coming :thumbup:

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Just try and take it a day at a time. I know this is easier said than done. Use this time to grow closer to God and your husband. He puts us through trials for a reason we may never know until we come face to face with him someday.

The bold is so true. God bless your twins! Such an inspirational story. I'm praying for twins.

You will ALL be adding your success stories VERY soon!

Name: Dana
How long TTC: 17 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Immobile sperm
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 year TTC, 2 artificial inseminations and IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st try!
Protocol (meds taken): BC pills, lupron, menopur, Gonal F, HCG trigger shot, then after ER, progesterone vaginal suppositories.

How many follicles at ER: Can't remember
How many eggs retrieved: 16; 12 were mature
How many eggs fertilized: 8; 8 made it to day 3; 3 did well enough to transfer on day 5
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 transfered
How many days bed rest: 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: AF-type cramping
What day you got your BFP: 13DPO positive blood test, 14DPO postiive HPT Number of first beta: 15 at D13 (then 70 at D15 and 5500 at D23)
Number of babies: 2, they are now 14 months old
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Acupuncture helped immensely with relaxation and medication side effects

Awesome thanks Vineyard.

I'm always scared of accupuncture, would like it but never made the jump. May have to try it.

xxx

Hi, I forgot to add that in our 3rd ICSI attempt, we cut down on processed foods because it's low in nutrition and all the preservatives decrease fertility rates.

Secondly, we cut off Genetically Modified foods including Soy and all Soy products. GM food has been directly linked to decreased fertility for both sperm and egg.

What a fab idea!

Name: Jacqueline
How long TTC: 18 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Stage IV Endometriosis
Treatments you tried before IVF: Surgery
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 abandoned cycles then worked on 3rd which was first full cycle
Protocol (meds taken): Prostap Long Term for Endo, Menopur, Pregnyl, Progynova, Gestone, Dalacin
How many follicles at ER: 8
How many eggs retrieved:6
How many eggs fertilized:5
How many days between ER and ET:3 months (FET) but frozen on day 2
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 x 2 cells
How many days bed rest: 0
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Lots of twinges
What day you got your BFP: Debatable BFP on 9dpt (11dpo) BFN 10pt (12dpo) BFP 11dpt (13dpo) then just got stronger
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: Didn't have one
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
Just a clearer idea of how the process worked I think, and lots of threads like this!!
xx

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Just try and take it a day at a time. I know this is easier said than done. Use this time to grow closer to God and your husband. He puts us through trials for a reason we may never know until we come face to face with him someday.

The bold is so true. God bless your twins! Such an inspirational story. I'm praying for twins.

Thanks MiBebe! Good luck on your journey! :hugs:

This is a great idea!

Name: Kim
How long TTC: 19 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Lichen Sclerosis, blocked tubes, pcos, hypothyroid
Treatments you tried before IVF:Clomid, two lap&dyes to clear tubes
How many IVF did you do before success:1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): antagonist protocol. 150iu of follistim and 15iu of gondatropins
How many follicles at ER: 30
How many eggs retrieved: 28
How many eggs fertilized: 21
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2, 1A and 1B
How many days bed rest: 1, with 2 weeks of light duty
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: sorre bbs, felt implantation cramping for both babies
What day you got your BFP: June 2, 2010
HPT before blood test: 12 dpo
Number of first beta:270
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
Um, I actually think I new what I needed.

I'd like to add that I did lose Baby B right before the 12 week scan. I was told this was a possibility with twins, but I really didn't listen. I am so happy and lucky to have our miracle!

My advice would be to eat tons of eggs for the proteins while stimming and eat a chocolate yummy thing the night before trigger. Also, DRINK WATER!!! I'm sure you ladies have heard that a zillion times, but do it!

good luck to all! :dust:

Name: Dee
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: DH low sperm count - Me... PCOS, but not diagnosed until pre-treatment scan, two weeks before starting ICSI. Put on Metformin.
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: None
Protocol (meds taken): 0.5ml Buserelin, 150iu and 75iu GonalF on alternate days, HCG-Pregnyl trigger shot. Utrogestan vaginal suppositories after ET.
How many follicles at ER: 24
How many eggs retrieved: 17
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many days between ER and ET: 2 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 x Grade 2
How many days bed rest: 2 days bedrest plus 12 days off work, resting.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Back cramps as if AF was due
What day you got your BFP: 13dpt
HPT before blood test: No beta tests in UK :wacko:
Number of first beta: N/A
Number of babies: One... Lost a twin @ 7 weeks
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Nothing... if I'd have known how hard it was, I probably would've had second thoughts about it. Just take one day at a time...

You make a great point, tickledpink... If I'd known what I was in for, I might have chosen not to do it. Its so worth it after the fact though!

You make a great point, tickledpink... If I'd known what I was in for, I might have chosen not to do it. Its so worth it after the fact though!

Funny, I feel just the opposite.

I would have done it 6 months earlier if I could have. And I'd do it again in a second if I had to (and could make it happen).

Even with the cost and the shots and the travel and the time off work (there isn't IVF where I live, so I had to travel 1500 miles from home and stay there for 2 weeks), I was just thrilled the whole time. I had 8 failed IUIs beforehand and it was awful -- I felt so demoralized and like there was no hope.

I was just so excited to move to IVF because I felt like it could actually work -- it was something that I could truly be hopeful about, and I hadn't felt that in a long, long time. Every time I gave myself I shot I felt like I was taking control and moving one step closer to finally having a baby.

I agree with you Ruthalaska. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->