List your IVF Successes here

I used to read this thread and it would give me hope. I'm hoping that by keeping it going we'll help other ladies keep their hope alive until they get their BFP :flower:

How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Low sperm count
Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 rounds of IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: had success with first ICSI!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Long protocol, after transfer I took cortisone, baby aspirin, Pregnyl HcG shots every 3 days, progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills
How many follicles at ER: 7
How many eggs retrieved: 9
How many eggs fertilized: 7 and 4 made it to transfer
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: All 4 that made it were transferred, not sure about quality
How many days bed rest: 5 days of strict bed rest and spent the rest of the 2ww on the couch!
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: AF symptoms! I thought she would show up any minute!
What day you got your BFP: 13dp3dt
HPT before blood test: nope!
Number of first beta: 133
Number of babies: 1 :cloud9:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I had spent months reading about other people's experiences! I think I was really well prepared and I actually found the entire process to be much easier than I imagined!

The only piece of advice I have to give to ladies that are about to go through IVF is take it one day at a time, and think positive!! Yes the daily injections can get a bit much, the blood testing, scans etc can all be overwhelming...but look at every poke and prod as being one step closer to your baby! :flower: I also drank a crazy amount of water and cut out all salt from my diet and had 0 bloating! I bloated a bit after my egg retrieval and then again after I got my BFP.

The only part I found difficult was the two week wait since I was at home the entire time...but I had my mother come over every day for chats etc and had friends pop by! It made the wait bearable!

Keep the faith and take care of yourselves :hugs: I pray every day for all the women suffering with IF and hope that they will soon be blessed with their BFP! :dust::dust::dust:

I still cant believe i finally get to here!!

Name: Cheryl
How long TTC: 6 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Blocked tubes (both now removed)
Treatments you tried before IVF: no
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st ivf cycle
Protocol (meds taken): long protocol - Buserelin nasal spray, 175iu Gonal f & Progesterone
How many follicles at ER: 15
How many eggs retrieved: 11 ( done egg share so was split (6 for me 5 for recipient)
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 top grade 4aa
How many days bed rest: non
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramps ,very sore and sensitive boobs, af pains
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt
HPT before blood test: /
Number of first beta: n/a
Number of babies: 1 :cloud9:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I followed and read up on almost everything I wanted and needed to know, however going thru it your self is completely diffrent! It's easy said than done but I found staying positive and taken each day at a time helped me loads! The whole process is overwhelming, but have faith and picture everything that's going on in your body each day :)
Good luck to everyone :hugs:

Name: Suzie
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained Infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: lol.. sex every day/every second day/drinking cough syrup/preseed/fertility massage/acupuncture/standing on my head after sex haha
Protocol (meds taken): Antagonist Protocol Puregon/Orgalutran
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 4
How many eggs fertilized: 3 (but only 2 made it to 5 day blast)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 grade 4aa :)
How many days bed rest: 5 (I know - just wanted to take no chances!)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Massive cramping & huge veins popped up in my hands/arms & legs
What day you got your BFP: 13 dp5dt
HPT before blood test: ?
Number of first beta: 220
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Nobody told me how life altering the drugs would be - the emotional ups and downs were embarrassing to the point of hilarious and the bloating made me look 4 months pregnant! The nightly injections got easier to the point that it was no big deal at all. And after the egg retrieval, even if you only have a few eggs, the pain can be very uncomfortable.. i was still cramping painfully on the day of the transfer 5 days later!
AND everyone kept saying "don't worry about not getting many eggs - you only need one..." well, it's true :) I felt like a failure after the retrieval but it's really true!!
Good luck to everyone in the IVF boat - try not to google too much xx

Name: Suzie
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained Infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: lol.. sex every day/every second day/drinking cough syrup/preseed/fertility massage/acupuncture/standing on my head after sex haha
Protocol (meds taken): Antagonist Protocol Puregon/Orgalutran
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 4
How many eggs fertilized: 3 (but only 2 made it to 5 day blast)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 grade 4aa :)
How many days bed rest: 5 (I know - just wanted to take no chances!)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Massive cramping & huge veins popped up in my hands/arms & legs
What day you got your BFP: 13 dp5dt
HPT before blood test: ?
Number of first beta: 220
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Nobody told me how life altering the drugs would be - the emotional ups and downs were embarrassing to the point of hilarious and the bloating made me look 4 months pregnant! The nightly injections got easier to the point that it was no big deal at all. And after the egg retrieval, even if you only have a few eggs, the pain can be very uncomfortable.. i was still cramping painfully on the day of the transfer 5 days later!
AND everyone kept saying "don't worry about not getting many eggs - you only need one..." well, it's true :) I felt like a failure after the retrieval but it's really true!!
Good luck to everyone in the IVF boat - try not to google too much xx

Congratulations! I love what you wrote about only needing one, I too felt like a failure after getting a lot less eggs than I thought I would for my age and amh. Made me feel so much better reading this!

Sooo hope I can join this thread in a couple of weeks!

Glad you can finally post in here PCCT :) :wohoo: congratulations hun u deserve this.

Congratulations to you too Suzie xxx

Never did I think it would be my turn to post here!

Name: Karen
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS and MF
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3rounds of clomid
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 fresh , one FET success on 3rd fresh - egg share cycle
Protocol (meds taken): long protocol - 11.2 iu menopur increased to 150
How many follicles at ER: 40 including small ones
How many eggs retrieved: 23 done egg share so was split 11 each as one empty shell
How many eggs fertilized: 7 of my 11
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 1 top grade 5aa hatching blast and 3bc
How many days bed rest: none
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramps ,very sore and sensitive boobs, af pains
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: n/a
Number of babies: 2!!!
Anything else you wanted to know: the process for me was easer than expected! Never give up hope even when you think your coming to the end of the Line. It's never the end! Keep up hope!

Congratulations kazza :wohoo: I have followed ur comments on this thread and have had my fx for you :)

Possible twinnies too :) :) xxx

Thank you so much!! This day has been a long time coming! Just hope it stays put now!!

Congrats kazza!!! Hope that little one is nestled in for the long haul!

I have read through this thread so many times. Can't believe I'm finally getting to post :)

Name: Mahaley
Diagnosis or any known issues: anovulation dh: low motility and morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid x 9, iui x 2
How many IVF did you do before success:1st time success
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, menopur, follistim, endometrin, estrace
How many follicles at ER: 16
How many eggs retrieved: 15
How many eggs fertilized: 13
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade 1 blasts transferred...7 frosties
How many days bed rest: 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: bad cramping!! Was sure AF was right around the corner.
What day you got your BFP: 9dp5dt
HPT before blood test: no!! Don't do it!!
Number of first beta:280 at 9dp5dt 588 at 11dp5dt
Number of babies: 2 but lost one at 8 weeks :angel:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
Don't be afraid to ask your doctor questions. They are there for you!
There are so many symptoms from the progesterone that mimics both AF and pregnancy. So don't read too much into symptoms.
Refrain from POAS. I know it's hard, but you dr had an OTD for a reason.
Lastly, hold on tight to your faith. I don't see how anyone gets through this without their faith. I had to pray everyday that God would give me the strength just to make it through the day.

It is one of my greatest pet peeves when people say that only the strong are given the issue of infertility to handle. You don't 'handle' it. You wake up each day and just make it through it. You don't have a choice but to make it through it. But I think we can love our children differently than those that get pregnant easily.

Beautiful words Lineman, about loving our children....and so right!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->