List your IVF Successes here

Name: Dee
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: DH low sperm count - Me... PCOS, but not diagnosed until pre-treatment scan, two weeks before starting ICSI. Put on Metformin.
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: None
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): 0.5ml Buserelin, 150iu and 75iu GonalF on alternate days, HCG-Pregnyl trigger shot. Utrogestan vaginal suppositories after ET.
How many follicles at ER: 24
How many eggs retrieved: 17
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many days between ER and ET: 2 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 x Grade 2
How many days bed rest: 2 days bedrest plus 12 days off work, resting.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Back cramps as if AF was due
What day you got your BFP: 13dpt
HPT before blood test: No beta tests in UK :wacko:
Number of first beta: N/A
Number of babies: One... Lost a twin @ 7 weeks
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Nothing... if I'd have known how hard it was, I probably would've had second thoughts about it. Just take one day at a time...

Rest in peace dear friend. My heart breaks for your Son. Watch over him from heaven!

:flow::flow::flow::flow:

How long TTC:1 yr following mc
Diagnosis or any known issues:unknown have a daughter through iui born 2009
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 iui bfn
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st go yay
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken): gonal f
How many follicles at ER: about 25
How many eggs retrieved:10
How many eggs fertilized: 7 but 2 abnormally
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 grade a others didn't make the grade at day 3
How many days bed rest:none I have a 3.5 yr old !!! I did chill on the sofa for 24 hours
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I just knew I was after 2 days I could feel the pulling sensations I would add though with both my other pregnancies I had no symptoms at all
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test:na
Number of first beta:na
Number of babies: yet to be confirmed but presume 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
See my thread re Accupuncture bfp I am not a hippy nor do I follow alternative medicine + it was not relaxing but I swear it helped and made the difference + my accupuncturist knew I was bfp on the day I did the test ..... Which is why I tested so early !

How long TTC:1 yr following mc
Diagnosis or any known issues:unknown have a daughter through iui born 2009
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 iui bfn
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st go yay
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken): gonal f
How many follicles at ER: about 25
How many eggs retrieved:10
How many eggs fertilized: 7 but 2 abnormally
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 grade a others didn't make the grade at day 3
How many days bed rest:none I have a 3.5 yr old !!! I did chill on the sofa for 24 hours
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I just knew I was after 2 days I could feel the pulling sensations I would add though with both my other pregnancies I had no symptoms at all
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test:na
Number of first beta:na
Number of babies: yet to be confirmed but presume 1
See my thread re Accupuncture bfp I am not a hippy nor do I follow alternative medicine + it was not relaxing but I swear it helped and made the difference + my accupuncturist knew I was bfp on the day I did the test ..... Which is why I tested so early !

Congrats!

Congrats, I just read about your acupuncture, I am going back and forth about it but might try to incoorporate it as I am a big stress ball usually!

Thank you I have the worst back ache and cramping today but I know it's normal and actually housework has helped ease it ..... Not that I will be telling do that ;-)

Congratulations to those IVF-ers who are currently pg and extra congrats to those who have posted their positive stories, with their miracles by their side!

Our IVF process is on hold as we went to the initial meeting and OH was rather overwelmed by the whole thing, so we're just letting it sink in a bit.

hello ladies, please a question, is it ok to start lupron on cd22 instead of cd21? my nurse gave me 23rd of february to start, am not sure if its a mistake or its ok?

Hi mamali....it's best to confirm with your nurse. I didn't use lupron sorry. Good luck with cycle x

It's absolutely okay - I did and it was actually better results for me. Goodluck.

They usually just do it after day 21 to ensure that you have ovulated.

I would confirm with your nurse. I would assume the delay is because you aren't quite ready for Lupron yet... I had a blood draw to check my hormone levels (estrogen, i think) on cd 21 and it confirmed I was read to start.

Name: bballbaby
How long TTC: 1 yr with fertility help!
Diagnosis or any known issues: only male factor
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 failed IVF, 1 DD from medicated FET, 1 miscarriage from natural FET, 1 successful natural FET!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): ovulation kits to detect LH surge, steroids & antibiotics around transfer, baby aspirin and PIO
How many follicles at ER:
How many eggs retrieved:
How many eggs fertilized:
How many days between ER and ET:
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
How many days bed rest: 2 strict bed rest
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing really
What day you got your BFP: 10dp3dt
HPT before blood test:yes!
Number of first beta: 111
Number of babies: 1
If male factor is your only issue I would highly recommend the natural FET. Because me and estrogen pills/patches don't mix due to me getting migraines, I found this route to be much easier on my body. I always freaked out when they would tell me my estrogen was a little low during those first few blood draws after beta....but your body will catch up and the embryo releases estrogen if it is viable too. I wish all of you ladies the best of luck and please don't give up your magic moment may be right around the corner!

Name: Sally
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Fibroids
Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 x myomectomy to remove fibroids, IUI - over responded
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 fresh abandonned after EC due to jumping trigger, collected eggs frozen immediately.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Donor sperm
Protocol (meds taken): Natural FET monitored with Ov kit
How many follicles at ER: 2 (the other 9 from last scan had jumped ship)
How many eggs retrieved: 2
How many eggs fertilized:2
How many days between ER and ET: Eggs frozen immediately and stayed frozen for 2 years. Once thawed the eggs were observed overnight then put in on day 2.
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 embryos - 1 top quality, one middle of the road.
How many days bed rest: Went for reflexology then straight to bed for 2 days.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: 6 days in I began to get light headed and had smell aversions and nausea.
What day you got your BFP: 13dp2dt / 15dpo
HPT before blood test: HPT only
Number of first beta:N/A
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Trust yourself to know your body. My clinic were not that keen for me to do a completely natural FET but I stuck to my guns and my body coped far better.

Been reading through this thread for a few days now and I love it! Congratulations to all the many, many success stories. I love all the profile pics of beautiful babies. Hope to join you all soon!

I'm finally getting around to posting. The stories and experiences on this thread really helped me keep positive, especially during the 2WW - thank you to all the previous posters.

Name: Victory78

How long TTC: 3 years

Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained

Treatments you tried before IVF: none

How many IVF did you do before success: 1 failed IVF, 1 successful ISCI

Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No

Protocol (meds taken): Short protocol (no down-regging stage). Gonal F (low dose), Cetrotide, & Ovitrelle before EC. Progesterone pessaries & Clexane after EC until 12 weeks

How many follicles at ER: Don't know

How many eggs retrieved: 7

How many eggs fertilized: 6

How many days between ER and ET: 3

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 of good quality (remaining 4 were poor quality, then arrested and weren't suitable for freezing)

How many days bed rest: None but took it easy at home for 3 days before returning to work

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramps, Constipation, Bloating, Extreme Tiredness (probably due to progesterone pessaries and healing from EC procedure)

What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt

HPT before blood test: No - I managed to told off!

Number of first beta: approx. 150 (was told anything over 50 is good)

Number of babies: 2 (due June 2013)

1) It depends on the fertility issues, but I was pleased we didn't 'waste time' with rounds of IUI first given the low success rate and took advice to try IVF first - we were told that, since we were 'unexplained infertility' by going through the IVF process something may come to light that the standard tests cannot pick up. In our case, it was 0 fertilisation rate showing that sperm may not be able to penetrate my egg lining, hence why we went for ICSI second time round.

2) If appropriate, I really recommend short-protocol mild-dose IVF. I liked that I wasn't relying on as many drugs, the process was shorter, my ovaries weren't over stimulated, and overall I really didn't find it that bad at all. Plus you can try back-to-back cycles (although our clinic recommended 2 months rest before trying again - during this time I put myself on a strict healthy diet and started acupuncture so I knew I had tried everything to improve chances before the second attempt - I really rate acupuncture to compliment IVF cycles)

3) Before ET, I did lots of research on whether to transfer 1 or 2 embryos listing the pros and cons of both, but ultimately, you just have to take your clinics advice based on no. of eggs collected, quality of eggs, your age, no. of IVF attempts, fertility issue etc

4) The hardest part I found was the emotional side during the 2WW. In the first part, you are being continuously monitored and given results/information (follicle growth & number, lining width, eggs collected etc), but then you are left for 2 weeks before returning for a blood test. That was a tough 2 weeks and thinking and hoping far too much! But you just need to keep busy (not too hectic) and don't symptom spot as anything you feel is probably just the drugs at that stage. I also hated waiting for the fertilisation results after getting the call first time round that 0 eggs had fertilised.

5) Once I got the BFP and for weeks afterwards, I found it really hard to leave the assisted conception forums as they had been such a massive support, and it also felt surreal to actual be pregnant after LTTC. It still feels unreal and weird joining other posts where women have conceived with ease, rather than going through our various assisted conception journeys.

Good luck everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"