living with kids with allergies group

so we saw the dietician today and she feels Little Man also has a soya allergy, so we are now going dairy & soya free

also had too take him too dr's this afternoon after he pooped bright red blood :( he has a little rip in his bum hole so he has some cream to hopefully help it heal

:(

Poor bubba :cry:

My daughter also had a soy allergy but it doesn't affect her so much now, or since she was about 3

She does get some really bad stomach problems if she eats too much milk like at her grandad's though. He thinks he's winning if he feeds her stuff I've said she shouldn't have.

Bathing in breakfast :rofl:

Yep i get what you mean, i meant to say that the skin itself could appear worse but if they cry in pain then i certainly wouldnt keep trying to go though that, i would just say there and then that cream doesnt work. Any cream thats going to work shouldnt have an effect of pain

hope everyone is ok today

I am preparing for a day of worrying, my mum is having surgery this morning and I am so worried/nervous for her ...... she however was fine this morning lol

Forgot too mention yesterday that the dietician is getting a formula prescribed for little man just for making up porridge, custard & rice pudding etc when weaning, she said since he can't have dairy & now not Soya either he could end up lacking in the fats he needs, I am on with it as long as it is only in cooking and his actual feeds still come from the booby

She also said we can start introducing veggies & fruit too him now in a effort too boost his vitamin supply as this tends too go down at around the age of 6 months and since he will be on a dairy free & soya free diet, he might miss vital vitamins too start with. She also said too be very strict in only introducing 1 thing at a time just because he is so sensitive too things. so I think this weekend we are going too try him with some broccoli, nice and high in iron!

Good morning, Vin slept all night in his crib! He woke up all dry and itchy but still smiling away.

I hope your mum is okay, though I'm sure she'll be fine. It's still a worry for sure.

:hugs: buttonnose hope your mum is okay

If youre worried about lack of vitamins you can get abidec supplements to add to his food though

Button - hope your mum recovers quickly from her op :flower;

Well, M's rash on her chest is loads better today and she hasn't itches either. she didn't have cows milk or yogurt yesterday. I'm going to keep off the milk/yogurt for the weekend and then try milk again to see if she flares up. Hopefully it was just a coincidence....

Thats good her rash is clearing up.

Alex is going backwards rash wise again :dohh:

Hi Everyone! :wave:
I have been soooo busy the past week and missed so much! Going to try and catch up today! xxxx
Hope you're all doing well and hello to everyone new!! :hugs:

well that was the longest 7 hours of my life

my mum is out of surgery finally and in recovery yay!

Little Mans' skin in awful at present and his bowels are really awful ..... i think due too the increase in soya i was having and now his possible soya allergy ...... he is on his 4th change of clothes days already :(

Hi there :wave:
I hope you dont mind if I join you?

Nim is just over 3 months and is allergic to dairy, eggs, sensitive to wheat and gluten. I had to stop Bfing because if it as elimination diets didnt work for us .. and even my breast milk caused a reaction on testing :cry:

Shes now on Neocate and doing well, she doesnt eat much but is gaining weight ok ish
I'm thickening the milk with organic rice cereal as of this week and its helping a little with her awful reflux. She's on Losec as well.

Weaning is going to be challenging as shes indicated to aviod all of the allergens listed above. I'm going to have a bit of a learning curve cooking without any of it!

Hi Farie,

sorry to see you are over here as well!!! Did they check Nim for all those allergies? It is really good you know what you are dealing with, although it is so hard when there's so many things she can't eat!!!
:hugs:

:hi: farie

I think i need to do a write up for OH on how to do the creams at which part of the day.
Last night he said he put empulsifying ointment think vaseline texture) then dream cream on top :dohh:

AG I have hubby making us a 'tick chart' for all little mans lotions & potions, it is so hard too keep a track of them all isn't it!

I got a great email off the dietician yesterday, she sent me a list for asda & tesco of the dairy free & soya free products they sell, will certain making shopping a hell of alot easier!

Little Man is struggling right now, it looks like his soya allergy is worse than his dairy allergy, he is very unhappy, in alot of tummy pain, pooping so badly he is going through 3 - 4 outfits a day, pooping blood and all he wants too do is cuddle, he doesn't even want too play which is very unlike him, it really is heart breaking :(

I am guessing the soya is going too take 3 weeks ish too get out his system like the dairy???

Id probably say so yea :(

thats great with the supermarket list! Would you forward it onto me please?

Question for you guys about washing powder...
Alex has never reacted with washing powders, hes been fine with anything really. Would you still seperate into a pile for him and still wash in non bio?

I wash little mans clothing seperate even thought we all use the same powder (surcare) just because I do a extra rinse with his clothing too make sure all the powder is rinsed well out of his clothing

Sure I will forward them, they are fab :)

Vin's rash has gone down a bit today, it's been 2 months now of our elimination diet and finally starting to show results although I think I slipped up yesterday because he brought a bit of his dinner back up.

As for washing I tend to do all his stuff in with mine as I also react badly to washing powders. We use some eco stuff that isn't great on major stains but we just throw away stuff that gets nasty stains anyway. He's already in 6-9 month outfits so we just buy cheap 100% cotton sleepsuits and put his day clothes over them so he stays comfy.

Our washing machine has a specific baby clothes setting we use also.

I use fairy non bio and have been using this since he was born. Bit wary of trying anything different in case he reacts!!

I'd just got Arlo's cheeks under control with hydrocortisone when yesterday he flared up all over his body. It's a little better today but he's had reflux issues again which hasn't happened since I started my elimination diet at the begginning of Jan.

I haven't added anything new to my diet. But I did eat out yesterday lunch time for my mum's birthday. Had a steak sandwich and chips, but I specified no dairy/eggs/anything and checked to make sure they hadn't buttered the bread. Still, that's the only thing I could think would be setting him off. He's not been happy at all, screeching in pain before he's sick, it's horrible.

Sometimes I feel like I'm doing more harm than good BFing him. It's meant to have all these benefits including less chance of ezcema and allergies, but all I feel when he has a bad day is that my milk is bad for him. Do you ever wonder whether you did something wrong? I ate a lot of dairy when i was pregnant, and maybe I should have had a better diet over all. Or maybe it's all down to genetics and we couldn't have avoided it.

I'm pretty sure it's genetic and unavoidable. My DH and his brother both had it bad as babies, His brother's twins have it, and our LO. Perhaps it was the bread? Some is made with milk and some restaurants don't think about little ingredients and additives. Vin also had a small flare up after we ate out on tuesday but it's got considerably better since.

Oh god I'm such a twat. It was ciabatta bread. I've just googled and seems a lot of recipes add milk to the dough. That would explain it. I didn't even think to look for milk in bread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->