living with kids with allergies group

Were good, After a bout of snow its nice and sunny and im doing some much needed cleaning!

4 loads of washing, one tumble load and the rest on the heated airer. Kitchen has been gutted, all dishes done and just about to scrub out the corners of the floor ready to steam mop it.

All whilst Alex is asleep :rofl:

Heyyy!

Glad to see everyone is ok. We are not so great but soon will be better I'm sure. Katerina has had terrible cramps all week and we've just realised she gets worse when she has chicken! She had chicken two days in a row and she was at her worst, very very red and dry cheeks and terrible cramps! Once we cut two days later and the cheeks are back to normal and the cramps not as bad.

Still going to talk to doctor again about having the endoscopy. Its been far too long!

This is a pic of her two days ago. The next morning after she had chicken (if its chicken that she is reacting to, I am now starting a food diary to get to the bottom of this)

I know its not even near how bad other people get but I think its a sign that something is not right. :shrug:

Attachments

• photo-54.jpg
    photo-54.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 10
If her cheeks are flushing soon after eating something then you could be right...

I'm gutted atm, went to get vin weighed and he's actually lost weight... a couple of ounces in 3 weeks. He's just dropped under the 25th percentile where he was around 40th last time. It's the second time he's had a drop like this too. They told me not to worry but I just feel rubbish as I still don't know what could be causing the reactions and he's up all night eating every 2-3 hours.

I'm going to go back to the docs but I have no faith in them whatsoever.

Big :hugs: Vinushka

Keep pushing untill you get a result youre happy with, someone has to pay attention!

OMG! I am so thankful to see this thread! My daughter has asthma and is severely/deathly allergic to cats. I know most of you have food allergics (which is so tragic and must be super scary) but I'd like to join you regardless of our having a different kind of allergy issue. I was just thinking the other month how desperatly I needed a support group for what I've been going through with my daughter. My 3 year old daughter was hospitalized last January for phenemonia and asthma issues (first time we were aware of her having asthma). Then over the Christmas holiday (worst holiday ever) a few months ago we went to visit family out of state and stayed with them during our first night there. They had lost their beloved family dog and had gotten a cat 2 weeks prior. As soon as we got there she started having asthma issues but we thought it was due to the cold as we got there in a snow storm. By the next morning we checked into a hotel and by that evening she was admitted to the hospital where she stayed the duration of our visit. We got discharged just in time for us to make the 9 hour drive home and be home in time for Christmas. Once out of the hospital however my 1 year old came down with a severe case of the flu and after vomiting all day and becoming severly dehydrated spent the evening in the ER trying to get his constant puking to stop and get him rehydrated. WORST HOLIDAY EVER! By the time we got home we hid away from the world and celebrated Christmas just thankful to be together (we'd been apart the entire time out of town as our two other children weren't allowed in the hospital so our family watched the children while my hubby and I stayed with our daughter). Sorry for the rant. I've kind of been tramautized by this ever since. Now we have to give our daughter steroids 2x a day just to keep her from being hospitalized the duration of winter. When we got home we had her tested and realized she's allergic to cats. She was a 6 on the severity level and didn't even range a number. She was literally off the charts. Now I have to keep an epipen and enhailer with us whereever we go and I have to epipen her if she breaks out into hives after coming into contact with someone who has cats at home. She's starting preschool this year and I'm SCARED to death. Because of the severity of her allergies I'm doing a co-op school where I'll be able to be a working parent and keep a close eye on her but after that she'll be out of my protective, watchful eye and that is almost more than I can bear. My heart is literally aching as I write this. Thankful to know other moms are out there who can relate (though sorry you're experiencing this hell also. Super scary!)

:hugs: Skylark
This group is for any kind of allergy in the kids so welcome! :hi:

Hi Skylark!

I am sorry you had to go through all this! It must have been very worrying!

Welcome! :hugs:

Morning!

I have to share smt good for once! She slept a lot better. No more nasty cramps, she still woke up twice but it was great to see her just sleep on her tummy and not have to pull her legs in. Makes me think even more that maybe it was the chicken. Should I try it again in a few days just a little bit to make sure?

What do you think?
xxx

Thats great she slept better :D
If it makes her so uncomfortable like that then i wouldnt try it again. Just avoid chicken for now unless she gets those symptoms again with something else.

Its snowing?? Its a bit warmer here today. Feels like the beginning of spring!!

I think if she is better tonight as well I might hold off and not do the endoscopy just yet, what do you think? I don't want to wait if she is not well of course, but then she slept better last night in probably a week or 10 days so I'm positive we might be on the right track. Should I maybe push for some allergy testing? :shrug:

Yep, its snowing! second time this week whilst you Londoners have lovely spring weather.

Have you been offered an enoscopy for her? I would definatley ask for allergy testing to confirm things.

Yes doctor said he was giving her 6 weeks to get better at it takes time for the gut to heal. If by then -which is now- she is not better he would want to see what is going on inside! And I am up for it but she was so much better last ngiht I really don't think it is a coincidence. I will wait and see if she is better tonight and if she is I will pressure them to do some allergy testing. I know he is against them as he thinks they are not reliable but even if they tell 1 thing it will be worth doing!

Id agree with them not being reliable...

Alex got tested for beans, lentils and peas today and all three came back with a reaction. It was a small one and the nurse says small enough that they wouldnt be concerned about but to me thats still a reaction and I pesonally will still be avoiding those foods with Alex.

He had the same result with white fish, and told the same thing from the Doctor and when Alex had some last week he had a very definate reaction. So i think even the smallest of reactions on the skin prick is still something with Alex.

Oh, and a question from me for you guys...

Alex had a negative for Soya last time he was tested, would you continue to avoid it in the diet or should i challenge him again and see?

Thats the thing. Even a small reaction I would like to know! Its better than nothing I guess.

I am sorry I can't help you with your question. I'm too new to this! :shrug:

Not much help, but I try every so often with the dairy products just to see, sadly I haven't reached a point where I can tolerate it yet. :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->