living with kids with allergies group

We only use oatly and neocate, our diatician has said he cant have rice milk. Our asda has only just started stocking oatly but thankful we live across the road from a morrisons who always have it in.

How is everyone today?

We tested Alex with some veggie hot dogs, a favourite of his that contain peas.
:nope: not giving him those again, he didnt flare up in his skin but he was unsettled in bed for 2 hours and then started screaming!
He only calmed down after some ibuprofen and lots of teddies in his bed!

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Its so frustrating when there is so much they can't eat! :hugs:

We are doing ok. She had a so and so night. But still much better than before. I am still positive she is improving, I hope it is not wishful thinking :haha:

wishfull thinking is a bugger isnt it! Been there many a times!

Shes already been up twice tonight and its only been 2 hours. So wishful thinking it was!!! Cramps are back. I really don't know what else to do!! I can't do this any more :'(

Thanks girls! I was feeling so low last night!! It took ages to resettle her but she then slept until 3am, had her feed, and went back down till 6. So all in all again it was a great night!! I was losing hope because we know that when she wakes up early like that ( a couple of hours after going to bed) usually she is at her worse, but she proved as wrong! :thumbup:

so, I'm not eating anything that could cause hiss eczema to flare up, and it has started calming down a little... but now every time he eats his tummy gurgles. He's still pooing 5x a day too and with his weight loss it feels like it's just going right through. I'm hoping it's a bug or something cause it's only been happening the last 2-3 weeks but I get a horrible feeling he might be lactose intolerant too. It's that or beans.

hi all, Im cupcake, used to spend a lot of time on BNB but had weaned myself off to concentrate on family and other things, now I am back so hey ho to all who know me!
I have two boys aged almost 3 and 1
My oldest is asthmatic and on meds and my youngest has eczema and is allergic to eggs. We just got our epi pen this week.
I am not new to the asthma and happy to help others answer questions about that. I am very new to being an food allergy mom though and very nervous.
Ill write up his whole story another time.
Looking forward to chatting!
cupcake

:hi: Cupcake i remember you!

Vinushka, if its going on for 2/3 weeks then i would think its maybe another allergen. I dont think tummy bugs last that long, 2 weeks tops :(
Lactose does have an effect on the bowels so it could be that?

Im knackered today! Alex woke at 5.45am because of daddy and the cat, i walked him to the park at 9.30 where he slept the whole 45 min walk and at 1pm we only just got back!

yea... I wish they could just test and find out what it is because I can't really eat anything at all till I'm done BFing, and unless I'm told there's no other alternative I was hoping to continue till he was at least 1. :(

I'm fine with cutting things out of my diet, not bothered if I don't eat anything but ricecakes for a year. But I still haven't fixed whatever the problem is

I want cheese sooooooooo badly right now :( I have too keep looking at little man too stop myself going too eat some :(

yea... I wish they could just test and find out what it is because I can't really eat anything at all till I'm done BFing, and unless I'm told there's no other alternative I was hoping to continue till he was at least 1. :(

I'm fine with cutting things out of my diet, not bothered if I don't eat anything but ricecakes for a year. But I still haven't fixed whatever the problem is

I feel exactly the same. Might push for allergy testing but I hear the results can be inconclusive?

Arlo's cheeks are driving him (and me) insane. They flare up, he scratches, use hydrocortisone for a week, it clears up. Then 3 days later it's back again and the cycle repeats. I can't keep using hydrocortisone like this.

Thats the cycle we had with Alex because there was something underlying :(

Hi girls, how is everyone doing?

M didn't get another rash after introducing cow's milk, but the eczema under her chin has got worse. She also had a disgusting nappy today, which is possibly down to having ice cream at Havester yesterday. Don't think anything else could have caused it - she had tomato pasta before the ice-cream, and chicken, sweet potatoes and veg for dinner (which is a regular). I also had major pains after we left Harvester. I occasionally get very painful gas pains and was diagnosed with IBS a few years ago - fat and dairy seem to set it off.

I also gave M a piece of my toast this morning, I was sure that no egg had touched it (I had scrambled egg) but she got itchy and came up in loads of hives over her face :cry:

What can I give her for dessert if she doesn't have yogurt? She has fruit for snacks, and she only BFs twice a day so I like to make sure she gets her calcium. Maybe I'll give her Oatly on her cereal and give her a yogurt every so often - I'm thankful that her reaction isn't too serious.

Cupcake - is the epi pen for the egg allergy then? Poor DS :-(

Thats the cycle we had with Alex because there was something underlying :(

Yeah there must be something else he's allergic to, having real trouble figuring out what. Hopefully it will all become clear during the weaning process. I'm going to be really anal about the introducing 1 new food at a time rule and I'm going to log everything.

Great. M just came up in a few gives on her face and a small dotty rash on her wrists after dinner.

She had a crumpet with vitalite and peanut butter, a banana, and a few dried apricots (organic) So it's either the crumpets or peanut butter :shrug: I think I'm going to have to keep a very close eye on what she eats and the reactions she has, as I'm sooo confused right now

https://www.boojabooja.com/

Dunno if you'e heard of this stuff, but I get it at the local health store. Thought I'd just leave this here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->