living with kids with allergies group

We never had a skin prick test only a blood test and stool sample

So! Katerina is sooo much better its unbelievable. :happydance: I really don't think that its just time that healed her. We were told to wait it out 6 weeks and she very suddenly got better the last few days?? Mmm I'm convinced now it was the chicken that bothered her. So I will ask to wait for the endoscopy in case it is not needed and just ask to get some allergy testing. :thumbup:

hi girls, sorry i haven't been around so much, just had alot going on :(

I tried too make Little Mans hospital appointment yesterday only too be told the 3 hospitals we can pick from are all fully booked and we have too wait for their new diary's too come out but they couldn't tell us when that might be!

On the plus side we are starting too see improvements in Little Man already now I have stopped the dairy & soya, his tummy cramps are pretty much gone, his poops are no longer pure slime, his skin is still very very dry but no where near as inflammed! so all good!!!

oh and he has started sleeping better, he was waking every 2 hours! night before last he woke at 10, 4.40 & 6.40 then last night he stirred at 9pm so we just ran up and settled him before he woke ....... he then woke at 1.40 & 6.20! so he is getting better :)

I think however he might not be feeling fab today :( he is already on nap number 2 and went down for that nap less than 1 hour after getting up from his first nap :(

Thats a big annoyance with the hospitals, but at least there are some improvements with him :hugs:
I think alot of this allergy diagnosing is done by ourselves, it certainly has been with us to a point. Our hospital tests for foods when weve told them Alex has had a reaction to them, so its just a confirmation really.

Hope Little man feels better soom, is he taking his milk okay? Might be a growing day :)

he has been munching alot this morning actually and he polished off half of his ready brek! (far more than he usually eats) and bless him, he didn't make much mess at all considering he was feeding himself, his co-ordination is spot on! maybe it is a growth spurt and I know his teeth have been bothering him alot recently too

lol

honestly I can't believe he has only been weaning for 4 days! he is doing so well and try's everything he is offered, he doesn't 'eat' much except his ready brek but he has a good chomp & suck on everything and I keep finding little treats in his nappies that suggest he is swallowing little bits lol

weaning is terrifying thought for me now... I'm so tired today, vin has been eating every 2 hours and just falling asleep halfway through. All night he wakes every 2 hours for food as well and I'm just so worried about him losing weight. He's not throwing up so I guess it's the constant pooping that's causing it. Or the constant sleepIing.

Tried to get a doctor appointment but it's like pulling teeth. They are booked up till tuesday and I just know they won't have any help.

Buttonnose82 - I am sorry about the hospital appointment!! It sucks when you have to wait for so long! I am glad he is better though. It makes all the difference in the world when they sleep better right?

Vinushka - I am sorry you are going through this. Don't know what to advise :hugs:

General question. What's best blood tests or skin prick test? I contacted the secretary of the doctor and she said she will arrange for blood tests. I am terrified as last time it took them 4 attempts at the hospital near me, it was not fun!!:nope:

Im not sure whats best really, as both can have differnet results.

Alexs bloods were negative for everything allergy wise but hes getting some positives with skin pricks.
The skin prick tests are quicker and less invasive aswell.

no one understands my happiness about this but i think you ladies will :lol:

We found some rice milk to make foods for max with because his formula tastes awful and its a pain collecting the formula because he drinks loads, so i live in a tiny village and to my surprise the local sainsburys sold this rice milk i got from the health shop :happydance: its £1.45 a Litre though but still YAY i know it sounds trivial but i never have back up supplies for him and now i know a shop that sells it is 10 mins walk away!

plus he had some mash with it and loved it, Pancakes with it and loved it AND i made rice pudding for them today with it and it was gorgeous!! x

ETA: i dont mean im replacing the formula, just using the rice milk to make food with and use in recipes ;)

Yay :D i felt just the same discovering Asda sells Oatley when i thought it didnt!

its great isnt it :haha: i felt like doing my own :happydance: right in the middle of the shop :rofl:

I am now using oatley (for me) and omg it is actually really yummy lol

I am using Neocate in cooking for little man though because Oatley is very very low in fat and he needs the fats at this age

I wish rice milk was GF for me. :(

Not my thread really, but I'll come in and moan anyway, last week I was glutened by a muffin that I bought whilst out, stated GF and was wrapped and sealed, but it seems it isn't GF, and it has made me so poorly, and still feeling it now, and despite being 33 weeks pregnant, in the last week I have lost 3kg. :( xx

ugh, the "GF" stuff in cafes. We actually have a cafe in town with a GF menu that I really should try sometime. I only just found out that ricicles have barley in em and that's why I've felt like crap 2 days in a row. DH thought they were just like rice krispies and didnae tell me any different till I went and checked the box :(

I'm not coeliac I just have real sensitivities to wheat, etc, and go for GF stuff to be on the safe side while eating out.

Are you going to complain 24/7? They shouldnt label it as gluten free when it isnt!

I have written a complaint and they are going to look into it, I just feel so disappointed as I never eat anything out, and the one time I did.... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->